PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets vs. Browns

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohiopatsfan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Just finished watching the first half of the Jets at the Browns. As usual, the Browns are shooting themselves in the foot with mistakes. They were inside the Jets' 5 yard line twice and came up empty (fumble and interception) and their young kicker missed a 39 yard field goal.

The big news for Pats' fans is that the Jets have looked terrible. Their offense literally had gained as many yards as they were penalized, until a late second quarter drive that resulted in a field goal. The Jets' defense has been horrible and, if the Browns didn't make mistakes, would have allowed 17 first half points.

I'm just saying all this because, if the Jets offense runs wild against the Pats next weekend, then our defense is in really deep trouble. I know teams can rebound from bad games, but the Jets look so bad today that I can't envision them scoring points against even a moderately good defense.

Well, the Jets won 17-14 in a real stinker of a game. Just some stats to lay on Pats fans; the Browns (27th in rushing offense) ran for 140 yards against the Jets while their defense (27th against the rush) held the Jets to 34 yards. If the Pats' defense wasn't looking so bad, this might make us salivate about next week's game.

Just finished watching the first half of the Jets at the Browns...
me too

r_241703_9tC2w.jpg

Just finished watching the first half of the Jets at the Browns. As usual, the Browns are shooting themselves in the foot with mistakes. They were inside the Jets' 5 yard line twice and came up empty (fumble and interception) and their young kicker missed a 39 yard field goal.

The big news for Pats' fans is that the Jets have looked terrible. Their offense literally had gained as many yards as they were penalized, until a late second quarter drive that resulted in a field goal. The Jets' defense has been horrible and, if the Browns didn't make mistakes, would have allowed 17 first half points.

I'm just saying all this because, if the Jets offense runs wild against the Pats next weekend, then our defense is in really deep trouble. I know teams can rebound from bad games, but the Jets look so bad today that I can't envision them scoring points against even a moderately good defense.

Really tough to judge how next week is gonna be.

Week 4, Jets beat Jacksonville.

Week 5, Jags whoop Steelers in Pitt and Jets barely beat Cleveland.

I have absolutely no clue what to expect next week. Fans should be hype for a 1st place battle though. It'll be important for Pats to score early to quiet the stadium.

Well, the Jets won 17-14 in a real stinker of a game. Just some stats to lay on Pats fans; the Browns (27th in rushing offense) ran for 140 yards against the Jets while their defense (27th against the rush) held the Jets to 34 yards. If the Pats' defense wasn't looking so bad, this might make us salivate about next week's game.
But the jets ran for almost 250 against a good JAG d last week so one game examples aren't very insightful.

I have absolutely no clue
Yes, this is quite well established.

It'll be important for Pats to score early to quiet the stadium.
Why? Are Jete fans suddenly going to show up and abandon the "tank plan"? With tickets selling early this season at fire-sale prices (since most Jete fans had given up), don't be surprised if a lot of Pats fans are in attendance.

Opponent X looking bad against opponent Y = opponent Z will beat opponent X? That is a logical fallacy. It might provide some sort of gauging on level of opposition, however, each team matches up in different ways which can heavily affect outcome. For example: the Jets may overall suck but Cleveland's DL may matchup better against the Jets' OL than the Patriots DL against the Jets OL. This one difference can have a big effect on outcome.

But from a general perspective our D might be in very serious trouble against the Jets O. From what I've heard from the media experts, all the Jets need to do is target Gilmore. We're doomed! :)

Yes, this is quite well established.

Why? Are Jete fans suddenly going to show up and abandon the "tank plan"? With tickets selling early this season at fire-sale prices (since most Jete fans had given up), don't be surprised if a lot of Pats fans are in attendance.

The tank-ship has sunk. At 3-2 there really isn't much hope for it anymore.

And I would be surprised if there weren't a bunch of Pat fans there. For any season ticket holder, the Pats game is the easiest to make a bunch of money back on.

Both Pat fans and non season ticket holding fans pay a lot for those tickets.

Only Jets fans--the ones I know here in LA, at least--would be strutting around bragging about how great they look because they barely beat a winless Browns team.

And now they've won too many games to tank for a franchise QB.

Only Jets fans--the ones I know here in LA, at least--would be strutting around bragging about how great they look because they barely beat a winless Browns team.

And now they've won too many games to tank for a franchise QB.

Anyone saying they looked great today is a jackass.

Idk about the Jete, but are buffalo bill fans on suicide watch? Just last week they were saying AFC East champions and most complete team in AFC East.

The Patriots have won 10 consecutive road games. I think they can handle crowd noise.

It's not the Pats reacting to the noise I was alluding to. Moreso the Jets young D. These kids may be really hyped up for a 1st place battle. The crowd will only add to their energy.

Division game.
Road game.
Any given week.
Matchups.
Blah blah blah.

You guys know the spiel by now.

The tank-ship has sunk. At 3-2 there really isn't much hope for it anymore.
Does this mean you're rooting for your team to win now? That winning is good and losing is bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes