PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2019 Edition (Official): Entering A New Half-Century of Moronic Mediocrity!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My up close experience mostly came when I went to several Jets/Pats games earlier in the century at the old Giants Stadium. Even then tickets were readily available in the Parking lot. I never paid more than face value of any ticket, and a couple of times we got in for 20% below face. Fans were what I would call "respectfully hostile". They gave us an appropriate amount of crap given I was wearing Pats gear. Once seated it was more of the same, but abated as the game wore on, mostly because I wasn't obnoxious and just rooted FOR my team, and didn't sh!t on their's.

Online, I was, much like Jetfan 79, a fairly regular participant on the GangGreen site before it partnered with some other site and pretty much disappeared. I enjoyed it and for the most part I was accepted by most in the role of the somewhat annoying opponent's fan who posted about Pats topics and during the 2 Pats weeks a year. Got into some good football talk most of the time, and was summarily dismissed by a few on occasion.

Personally I like when fans of other teams come to discuss football when their teams are playing the Pats. I wish more did and we were, as a group more welcoming. The site would benefit from differing perspectives they would bring. But that just my opinion.

You're entitled to your opinion. My only experience with Jets fans has been when the Jets play in Foxboro and they were fine.
You're drawing from very limited experience. Try tolerating them at a Pats-Jete game in New Giants Stadium, you'll think you entered an alternate universe inhabited by animatronic turds.

My up close experience mostly came when I went to several Jets/Pats games earlier in the century at the old Giants Stadium. Even then tickets were readily available in the Parking lot. I never paid more than face value of any ticket, and a couple of times we got in for 20% below face. Fans were what I would call "respectfully hostile". They gave us an appropriate amount of crap given I was wearing Pats gear. Once seated it was more of the same, but abated as the game wore on, mostly because I wasn't obnoxious and just rooted FOR my team, and didn't sh!t on their's.

Online, I was, much like Jetfan 79, a fairly regular participant on the GangGreen site before it partnered with some other site and pretty much disappeared. I enjoyed it and for the most part I was accepted by most in the role of the somewhat annoying opponent's fan who posted about Pats topics and during the 2 Pats weeks a year. Got into some good football talk most of the time, and was summarily dismissed by a few on occasion.

Personally I like when fans of other teams come to discuss football when their teams are playing the Pats. I wish more did and we were, as a group more welcoming. The site would benefit from differing perspectives they would bring. But that just my opinion.
Ken, you're a nice guy sharing fond memories from when a modicum of true sportsmanship still existed. Jete fan behavior took a really bad turn in East Rutherford when Wrecks Ryan came aboard in 2009 and it's been downhill ever since. I used to attend Pats visits there fairly regularly until the childish harassment -- completely unprovoked, aside from wearing Pats gear -- made it intolerable. I'm talking about profanities shouted, getting hit by pieces of food from behind while seated, drunks getting in your face walking down the concourse, etc. Security is nonexistent. My wife refuses to even consider going back there, it's like Planet of the Apes. Did you ever hear about the Jete fan who punched out a female Pats fan?

Then you've got idiots like this to deal with:

Last edited:
Ken, you're a nice guy sharing fond memories from when a modicum of true sportsmanship still existed. Jete fan behavior took a really bad turn in East Rutherford when Wrecks Ryan came aboard in 2009 and it's been downhill ever since. I used to attend Pats visits there fairly regularly until the childish harassment -- completely unprovoked, aside from wearing Pats gear -- made it intolerable. I'm talking about profanities shouted, getting hit by pieces of food from behind while seated, drunks getting in your face walking down the concourse, etc. Security is nonexistent. My wife refuses to even consider going back there, it's like Planet of the Apes. Did you ever hear about the Jete fan who punched out a female Pats fan?

Maybe don't walk around kicking guys in the nuts?

Last edited:

Sorry to read about your bad experience I never had that happen to me, though it was probably a good thing. I'm not someone who let that kind of thing go, and back then I would have been of a mind to "escalate" the situation.

I stopped going after 2007 for a lot of reasons, so I missed the Rex era. Probably a good thing. ;). I'd be interested in hearing about how Pats fans treat opposing fans at Gillette. I suppose we have our own malignant jackasses as well, but I'd like to think that by and large opposing fans get treated pretty well when they visit.

You're entitled to your opinion. My only experience with Jets fans has been when the Jets play in Foxboro and they were fine. Much better than the Oakland fans around me during the game where Cassel destroyed the Raiders 49–26.
Your on the wrong thread

Sorry to read about your bad experience I never had that happen to me, though it was probably a good thing. I'm not someone who let that kind of thing go, and back then I would have been of a mind to "escalate" the situation.

I stopped going after 2007 for a lot of reasons, so I missed the Rex era. Probably a good thing. ;). I'd be interested in hearing about how Pats fans treat opposing fans at Gillette. I suppose we have our own malignant jackasses as well, but I'd like to think that by and large opposing fans get treated pretty well when they visit.
I haven't seen a fight at a Pats game in Foxboro since 1993. Things are very strict in Gillette, security very tight. People are encouraged to report any and all abuses to stadium officials via text or in person. Season ticket privileges can be (and have been) revoked for obnoxious behavior which is pretty rare. Dare I say it's a pretty safe and civilized environment save for the occasional visiting team fan acting out.

I haven't seen a fight at a Pats game in Foxboro since 1993. Things are very strict in Gillette, security very tight. People are encouraged to report any and all abuses to stadium officials via text or in person. Season ticket privileges can be (and have been) revoked for obnoxious behavior which is pretty rare. Dare I say it's a pretty safe and civilized environment save for the occasional visiting team fan acting out.

Every fanbase has em...

Classy...

In Houston...

Lmao...

On a side note, security in these stadiums need to get paid more. They're walking into drunk fights, many times involving multiple people, surrounded by 100s... all while on a ridiculous slope.

Last edited:
Every fanbase has em...

Classy.

Lmao...

On a side note, security in these stadiums need to get paid more. They're walking into drunk fights, many times involving multiple people, surrounded by 100s... all while on a ridiculous slope.
If that's the best you can come up with by way of indicting Patriots fan behavior you need to do another Google search. Regardless, you should be away from this thread somewhere else enjoying yourself -- it's the closest you'll come to off-season bliss for another three months.

Every fanbase has em...

Classy...

In Houston...

Lmao...

Your argument is based on the fact that Jete are not sub humans when in fact they are.

Killing a mosquito or kicking a Jete in the nuts is basically the same thing.

Our season kicks off next Sunday. Sam will finally (hopefully) be healthy. Mosley n Quinnen back on D.

We'll show Philly who's the better Green team in the region.
Please...lay off the PCP laced LSD 25...check into the nuthouse and ask the shrinks to put you on IV Haldol...you are an insane freak

Our season kicks off next Sunday. Sam will finally (hopefully) be healthy. Mosley n Quinnen back on D.

We'll show Philly who's the better Green team in the region.

I've never heard of a season kicking off with an 0-4 record.

Regarding, the best Green team in the region, does New Hampshire qualify? I think the more debatable question is whether the Jets are better than Dartmouth, not the Eagles (they're clearly not.) We can start the comparison with this fact: neither team has won an NFL Championship since 1968.

Dartmouth%2BLogo.jpeg

Bun_Straton3_Colu17_MW.jpg

Yes, I pointed that out in my own post.
Great, we're on the same wavelength. Then you also understand that your unusually pleasant, admittedly small sampling of Jete sycophantry is irrelevant to the overall fan base's well-earned reputation as scumbaggery incarnate.

Killing a mosquito or kicking a Jete in the nuts is basically the same thing.
After mulling this over it does follow that being dedicated to the Jete is somewhat of a death wish.

We can start the comparison with this fact: neither team has won an NFL Championship since 1968.
Slight correction here: the Jete never have won an NFL championship, only a post-season exhibition between the AFL and NFL champs. As far as NFL titles go they've been on par with Dartmouth since the franchise's founding in 1960. But Dartmouth has a better win-loss percentage than the Jete and has won quite a few more games overall, making them hands-down the better "green" team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore