PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2018 Edition (Official): Fifty Fabulous Years of Futility!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just imagine the cap savings if the Jets traded away 3 2nd rounders to move up 3 spots every year.

No team in the league could withstand them with that much cap space!

I have noted that the JETE have been getting some off-season media mentions...

Hey how can you tell a regular JETE from a Grand Jete anyway? Does it have to do with the extent of the spread? :D

Hey-o, word association, lends a whole new meaning to shaving points...

By the way folks, it's also the 61st anniversay of West Side Story -- the fey Broadway musical that inspired this team's name. Make no mistake: "Jets" has NOTHING to do with aircraft. It refers to a group of fictional scrawny twinkle-toed street punks.

And to add to the laughter, their inability to tank correctly is biting them in the ass: all they had to do is lose one more game and they could have kept those three 2nd rounders!

Ref: Colts-Jets trade proves the value of tanking

Let's hope McKown and Teddy B lead them to another five wins this year!

This is lining up perfectly.

1. They tried to tank but failed.
2. Spend three 2nd round draft picks to move up to where they had planned to be.
3. Teach the rookie their offensive scheme.
4. They'll finish at 8-8 and fire their GM and HC. "Mcadoo and Todd Flushed down the Bowles"
5. They'll bring in a new HC and GM and hand them a cupboard bare of picks. "Where did all of our picks go?"
6. Insert new offensive scheme.
7. Go 8-8

And the cycle will continue.

This is lining up perfectly.

1. They tried to tank but failed.
2. Spend three 2nd round draft picks to move up to where they had planned to be.
3. Teach the rookie their offensive scheme.
4. They'll finish at 8-8 and fire their GM and HC. "Mcadoo and Todd Flushed down the Bowles"
5. They'll bring in a new HC and GM and hand them a cupboard bare of picks. "Where did all of our picks go?"
6. Insert new offensive scheme.
7. Go 8-8

And the cycle will continue.
I still can't get over why they signed Bilgewater if the plan all along was to draft a prospective franchise QB. That is, unless they intend to cut either him or McClown before the season starts.

I still can't get over why they signed Bilgewater if the plan all along was to draft a prospective franchise QB. That is, unless they intend to cut either him or McClown before the season starts.

Tune! IF they draft Chubb with the 3rd pick I'm going to **** my pants. hahaaha

Have you seen our 2nd round picks lately? Let's be honest. We really didn't give up much. And as far as worrying about Macc n Bowles? Maybe, except I completely agree with what they're doing now. I hated winning games last year and starting McCown. But this off-season has been awesome so far.
There is so much moronic delusional forced rationalization in this post I truly don't know where to begin. I'll just leave it to fester.

We do need a DE.

Well, I hope they get him. hahaha

Seriously though they're getting a QB. Picking 3rd is perfect for the Jete. Why? Because they're letting the other two teams decide which QB they'll get. No pressure. If he flops they'll have the built in excuse of "we tried to do the best we could but ultimately we didn't get the one we wanted".

SB 2018 baby. Right?

Well, I hope they get him. hahaha

Seriously though they're getting a QB. Picking 3rd is perfect for the Jete. Why? Because they're letting the other two teams decide which QB they'll get. No pressure. If he flops they'll have the built in excuse of "we tried to do the best we could but ultimately we didn't get the one we wanted".

SB 2018 baby. Right?

Yup. I did think that myself.

I think you guys are missing the genius here.

One possibility of how this works out...
1. McCown helps the rookie learn and is ready to play if Bridgewater gets hurt, and while/if the rookie isn't ready.
2. Bridgewater plays if healthy enough (unless the rookie is killing it).
3. If Bridgewater does well, he becomes a younger version of Cousins. Aka, a legit starter on the market. In his mid-20s!
4. Jets could then determine whether or not to keep him. If new QB sucks, keep Bridgewater. Otherwise franchise him and trade him for a massive pay day. (Bigger than 3 2nd rounders.)

Macc is a genius. :D

1. McCown helps the rookie learn and is ready to play if Bridgewater gets hurt, and while/if the rookie isn't ready.
3. If Bridgewater does well, he becomes a younger version of Cousins. Aka, a legit starter on the market. In his mid-20s!
4. Jets could then determine whether or not to keep him. If new QB sucks, keep Bridgewater. Otherwise franchise him and trade him for a massive pay day. (Bigger than 3 2nd rounders.)

Imaginary alternative universe scenarios:
keeping Jete fan hopes alive, since 1969*

*#No pressure!

By the way folks, it's also the 61st anniversay of West Side Story -- the fey Broadway musical that inspired this team's name. Make no mistake: "Jets" has NOTHING to do with aircraft. It refers to a group of fictional scrawny twinkle-toed street punks.

Hey, they're a rough street gang. Knife fights, singing, dancing...

Possibility? This is the Jete you're talking about!

Never have I been more sure that someone's internet post was typed in while they were sitting on a toilet.

McKown: older, stiffer, injury-prone pocket QB
Bridgewater: once nimble, now recovering, non-pocket QB
Rookie: zero NFL level experience

How are the Jete going to be able to coach up those three different guys?

The fact is that Blowes and Macca were (poorly) building a D-first team, and the owner gave them the marching orders to get a big-name QB or find new jobs. They've got next to no talent after poor drafting and dumping salaries, and in particular the offense has nobody. They just gave away the meat of their draft to move up three spots. Talented FAs want no part of that that hot mess. In particular, Kirk Cousins just passed up a bigger contract with NYJ because the team sucks. Now, the Jete have to pick the right QB (remember, this is the Jete!) and then develop that QB and build an offense around him starting from scratch.

The only good news for the Jete is they probably won't win five games next year.

jeezus...somebody bottle the delusional being displayed by this Jete fan. Has to be of use for terminal cancer patients

4. Jets could then determine whether or not to keep him. If new QB sucks, keep Bridgewater. Otherwise franchise him and trade him for a massive pay day. (Bigger than 3 2nd rounders.)green

Even someone as desperate for a chance to showcase themselves as Bridgewater was still probably smart enough to get protections in the contract to protect themselves from an organization as pitiable as the Jete getting much leverage on his future. It's one thing to have to use gangrene and another to be dumb enough to get used by them.

Even someone as desperate for a chance to showcase themselves as Bridgewater was still probably smart enough to get protections in the contract to protect themselves from an organization as pitiable as the Jete getting much leverage on his future. It's one thing to have to use gangrene and another to be dumb enough to get used by them.

It's a two-way street here imo. As it should be. Bridgewater wants a legit shot to start, while the Jets want solid QB play and potentially some trade value.

It's a pretty unique, admittedly strange situation. An established vet who played well last year making decent money. A hot shot rookie. And a young guy with plenty of potential recovering from a sick injury.

I'd say Bridgewater has the best odds of starting now. And that's what he wanted.

Yet the Jets have two other legit options if Bridgewater doesn't pan out.

It's a two-way street here imo. As it should be. Bridgewater wants a legit shot to start, while the Jets want solid QB play and potentially some trade value.

It's a pretty unique, admittedly strange situation. An established vet who played well last year making decent money. A hot shot rookie. And a young guy with plenty of potential recovering from a sick injury.

I'd say Bridgewater has the best odds of starting now. And that's what he wanted.

Yet the Jets have two other legit options if Bridgewater doesn't pan out.
So it's the lets-throw-jete-at-the-wall-and-see-what-sticks trick. Good luck .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots