PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2018 Edition (Official): Fifty Fabulous Years of Futility!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't sleep on the WRs man. Sure there's no top tier #1, but: Anderson, Enunwa, Kearse and Pryor.

That's a pretty good and diverse corps. With some decent youth behind em.

Keep an eye out for the rookie RB Cannon too. Fastest dude on the team who runs routes and catches well.

Sam does have some weapons to work with.

I gotta disagree there. Robby may not be a household name, but he finished the season as the NFL's top deep threat statistically. He's a lower #1. Quincy is a damn beast. A good #2 on most teams.Kearse is the reliable older vet. And Pryor is a wildcard. Big 2016 season in Cleveland, followed by a dud in Washington last year. WR is not a concern of mine. Oline and OLB are the potential weak points I see.

PFF: Jets WR Robby Anderson among NFL's top deep threats

PFF: Jets WR Robby Anderson among NFL's top deep threats

One of the more pleasant Jets surprises in 2017, Robby Anderson emerged as a reliable downfield target thanks in large part to his speed.

The undrafted free agent out of Temple caught 63 passes for 941 yards and seven touchdowns, staking his claim as New York’s top receiver. As he looks to build upon his success from a year ago, it’s no surprise that Anderson is among Pro Football Focus‘s biggest deep threats.

Anderson was one of four players categorized underneath Tyreek Hill as honorable mentions. The other wide receivers were some of the NFL’s best in Brandin Cooks, Julio Jones and T.Y. Hilton.

While only one of PFF’s honorable mentions, Anderson scored more touchdowns on deep passes than any other receiver last year.

Every single one of Anderson’s touchdown receptions were for more than 20 yards last year. A few were more than 50 yards, including a 69-yard touchdown Week 3 versus Miami. Anderson had three games over 100 yards receiving.

Heading into 2018, Anderson is expected to play a major role after bursting onto the scene last year. There’s a chance he faces some discipline from the NFL due to his off-field arrests — he was recently sentenced to six months probation — but sooner or later he’ll be back to being Gang Green’s go-to option.

There’s no reason to believe Anderson won’t be the same deep threat this year. The league has yet to adjust to his speed, so expect a lot of long bombs from Jets quarterbacks going No. 11’s way.

No need to leave the AFC East for this one.

I really like Rosen too. He was who i was hoping for with the assumption Sam was going to Cleveland. But it's nice having a guy who is a "good kid" and all about football. No party issues like Mayfield or political stuff like Rosen. Sam is a 21 year old with the tools, work ethic and dedication to be successful (hopefully). Time will tell.
Blah, blah, blahbidy blah. Blecch. This is the JETS SUCK thread. NOT the PLEASE LET ME INDULGE MY JETE FANTASIES thread. You have a home message board for that nonsense.

Last edited:
Blah, blah, blahbidy blah. Blecch. This is the JETS SUCK thread. NOT the PLESE LET ME INDULGE MY JETE FANTASIES thread. You have a home message board for that nonsense.

There ya are. Took ya a while...

How about ownership, front office, coaching staff, fan base, janitorial staff and parking lot attendants?

Ownership: check
Front Office: check
Coaching: check
Fan Base: check
Janitors: check
Parking Lot Attendants: Ok, not so great.

Ownership: check
Front Office: check
Coaching: check
Fan Base: check
Janitors: check
Parking Lot Attendants: Ok, not so great.
Let's say your team's janitorial staff and front office switched jobs. No one could tell the difference -- they're equally bad at cleaning up messes. And how would you know anything about the parking lot attendants? Doesn't mom drop you off and pick you up? As for coaching, Blowes blows enough to be mentioned in the same breath with Hue Jackson in more than one 2018 season forecast summary. But yes, by all means, get your hopes up.

Let's say your team's janitorial staff and front office switched jobs. No one could tell the difference -- they're equally bad at cleaning up messes. And how would you know anything about the parking lot attendants? Doesn't mom drop you off and pick you up? As for coaching, Blowes blows enough to be mentioned in the same breath with Hue Jackson in more than one 2018 season forecast summary. But yes, by all means, get your hopes up.

There ya are. Took ya a while...

In other words he did what any qb would do, had a wide open receiver and threw off target enough that receiver had to fall dien and not get any yac. Brilliant.

If you’re talking about him being a deep threat to commit another felony and somehow get away with it, then yes I agree.
How is he still on the team? Or ANY team, for that matter? Are the Jete that desperate for WR help? Apparently so.

Link: https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/19/robby-anderson-jets-wr-arrested-nine-charges-florida
Link (this is classic): Robby Anderson Told Cop: I'm Going to 'F**k Your Wife, Nut In Her Eye' (UPDATE)

article-anderson-0508.jpg

living in nyc, I was stuck watching this game if i wanted to watch the NFL.

Unfortunately, Darnold did look like the real deal, finding the open receiver on almost every play and only making one or two questionable throws. In a couple of cases, his receivers were out of position and he seemed to throw the ball where they were supposed to be. Sadly, he also has a "Patriots" attitude, ignoring the media and the hype.

But even the most delusional Jests fans aren't putting him in Canton (or the SB) just yet. Memories of "The Sanchize" are still too fresh among the New Jersey faithful.

In the short term, the Jets are "still the Jets" with a questionable D, limited receivers, way too many penalties and an HC who is in way over his head and can barely control the locker room. So, this year isn't a problem.

But, if the "brain trust" in the Meadowlands comes to its senses and brings in a competent Coach and addresses the other issues...then I think things might actually turn around over there.

For now, I'm just going to be confident that "The Jets are the Jets" and will hold onto Bowles and waste Darnold's talent.

Stat line of bum unworthy of mention: 7/8, 85 yards, 1:0, 150 rating
Stat line of front page news-making SAVIOR: 13/18, 96 yards, 1:0, 103 rating

Stat line of bum unworthy of mention: 7/8, 85 yards, 1:0, 150 rating
Stat line of front page news-making SAVIOR: 13/18, 96 yards, 1:0, 103 rating

Bridgewater did look great too! No denying that.

But our 3rd overall pick did that with a week of practice. And we all know Sam is the future. For better or worse.

However if Bridgewater has another showing or two like he just had, Macc is gonna look like a genius. Teddy will we worth a pretty nice trade. The guy was a pro bowler not too long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes