PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2017 Edition (Official): Countdown to Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bart is a fun personality.

Pizza? Impressive! I've recently been considering making my own. Post a pic.

1477921951030_zpsjhmt2uye.jpg

I'm taking NY/NJ pizza and a last place team over a SB champ and Boston pizza any day. :p

That seems to be the mindset of Woody and the Jets front office as well. Too busy crowing with provincial pride rather than learning how to do things like scout players and evaluate talent.

As far as NY/NJ pizza goes, it is vastly overrated in relation to all the hype it receives. I'm sure it is better than something you'll find in Sheboygan or Little Rock, big deal. Overall as a region it's no better than what the Chicago or Boston area produces and on a more specific scale, given a choice I'll take my pizza from the North End, thank you.

New York area pizza is good, don't get more wrong. It just falls far, far short of the ridiculous amount of hype it constantly receives from New York natives.

At least New York pizza does have one thing going for it though: unlike the Jets, it doesn't suck.

That seems to be the mindset of Woody and the Jets front office as well. Too busy crowing with provincial pride rather than learning how to do things like scout players and evaluate talent.

As far as NY/NJ pizza goes, it is vastly overrated in relation to all the hype it receives. I'm sure it is better than something you'll find in Sheboygan or Little Rock, big deal. Overall as a region it's no better than what the Chicago or Boston area produces and on a more specific scale, given a choice I'll take my pizza from the North End, thank you.

New York area pizza is good, don't get more wrong. It just falls far, far short of the ridiculous amount of hype it constantly receives from New York natives.

At least New York pizza does have one thing going for it though: unlike the Jets, it doesn't suck.

Let's get back to making fun of the Jets. I can deal with that much easier than I can handle pizza novices.

So yeah, I'm thinking the Jets should trade their 1st and 2nd picks this year. End up with at least 3 1st rounders for 2018.

Guarantee they get the QB of their choice.

So yeah, I'm thinking the Jets should trade their 1st and 2nd picks this year. End up with at least 3 1st rounders for 2018.

*** Y A W N ***

File under:

When you ain't got nothing you got nothing to lose​

OR

Building a winning culture (not)
Same Old JESTS

Let's get back to making fun of the Jets. I can deal with that much easier than I can handle pizza novices.

Looks like I struck a nerve there.

Obviously pizza is a source of parochial pride for New Yorkers. It's understandable why they would be so close minded to ever consider that somebody else's pizza is just as good (or better).

After spending a lifetime of watching the Jets the NY/NJ natives need something to be proud of in order to survive. Without at least that to hang on to and loudly beat their chests over, the suicide rate would be epidemic.

Obviously pizza is a source of parochial pride for New Yorkers. It's understandable why they would be so close minded to ever consider that somebody else's pizza is just as good (or better).

After spending a lifetime of watching the Jets the NY/NJ natives need something to be proud of in order to survive. Without at least that to hang on to and loudly beat their chests over, the suicide rate would be epidemic.

Missed the opening post to this thread. One of the strongest power point presentations of Jets suckage in awhile.

Everyone knows they are sucking for some "savior" QB in 2018 but it does not change the fact that they have sucked for 48 years. Their quest for 0-16 is strong though and I'm thinking they might actually succeed at something they are trying to do for a change.

But in the end it doesnt matter. They are the Jets and no matter who they add they will always be the Jets. They've basically pinned all their hopes on a total rebuild that will fail like all things Jets.

Let's not confuse New York City with New Jersey. The Jets are "Jersey," through and through -- little true identity beyond being inherently unsophisticated, unnecessarily expensive and easily disliked.

Let's not confuse New York City with New Jersey. The Jets are "Jersey," through and through -- little true identity beyond being inherently unsophisticated, unnecessarily expensive and easily disliked.

giphy.gif

Ha, you had better be from a city worthy of talking NY smack. London? Tokyo perhaps?

Ha, you had better be from a city worthy of talking NY smack. London? Tokyo perhaps?
Well traveled.

Your pizza is very good.

At the same time your pizza is not worthy of all the over the top hype.

Net result: it's always a letdown, just like the Jets.

Pizza! That's the argument the Jets fans have to make to grab some shred of dignity?! LOL. OK< you can have it. Good pizza in NYC.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming:

Some teams that have never won an NFL Championship
  • New York Jets
  • Buffalo Bills
  • Atlanta Falcons
  • Cleveland Browns
Some teams that have
  • Akron Pros
  • Frankford Yellow Jackets
  • Minnesota Vikings
  • Cleveland Bulldogs

Status