PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets hire Todd Bowles as new HC

So many great jokes to make with the last name "Bowles". It's gonna be good times.

I'm glad Woody hired a guy with a reputation for working well with QBs. And I'm glad he worked with his GM this time to select a coach.

Wait, Bowles is a defensive coach? And the GM didn't pick him? There isn't a GM? Why does this sound familiar?

Rookie GM, rookie head coach, idiot owner. Decent combination.

No way is this an improvement over Wrecks.

The Pats already faced Bowles as interim HC of the Dolphins in 2011, winning 27-24 in Foxboro.

He's a pretty decent guy and I think he could be a great coach.
What has he really done at the pro level coaching-wise? Interim HC in Miami for three games. Defensive coordinator briefly for two college teams and about three years total for two different pro teams. Otherwise was a positional coach. The Cardinals defense was fifth in points allowed this past season, which is decent, but I wonder why this guy was considered such a hot HC prospect. He's a Jersey native, which I guess the Green Beans must have liked.

So many great jokes to make with the last name "Bowles". It's gonna be good times.

I'm glad Woody hired a guy with a reputation for working well with QBs. And I'm glad he worked with his GM this time to select a coach.

Wait, Bowles is a defensive coach? And the GM didn't pick him? There isn't a GM? Why does this sound familiar?

Was thinking the same thing.

Jets fans! Get your tickets now so you can be part of the Bowles Movement!

I really like the job he did at ARI, considering they lost 2 of their best pass rushers on Dockett and Abraham for the season, plus top LBs Washington to suspension and Dansby to free agency.

Too bad I'll have to hate him now.

Loved this wiki entry for Bowles...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Bowles
>>>
New York Jets
On January 13, 2015 Todd Bowles signed a multiyear contract to become the New York Jets head coach. He then realized he was coaching the Jets and retired to peruse he real dream of selling hand made belt buckles at state fairs.<<<<

I actually like this hire for the jets. At the very least they will have some sort of stability on the defensive side of the ball. And if they can get anything out of whatever QB they could be ok. Bowles seems like a pretty level headed guy unlike wrecks.

Was thinking the same thing.

Jets fans! Get your tickets now so you can be part of the Bowles Movement!
I wonder if they'll have a proctologist on staff. You know, in case the offense doesn't flow properly.

What has he really done at the pro level coaching-wise? Interim HC in Miami for three games. Defensive coordinator briefly for two college teams and about three years total for two different pro teams. Otherwise was a positional coach. The Cardinals defense was fifth in points allowed this past season, which is decent, but I wonder why this guy was considered such a hot HC prospect. He's a Jersey native, which I guess the Green Beans must have liked.
Look at all of the injuries the Cardinals suffered on defense and you'll see why it's so impressive that they ended up 5th.

I think the hiring of this new HC of the NYJ (with the new 'staff') has improved the likelihood of winning -- as in the Patriots likelihood of winning 2 games in 2015 is now greater.

I agree with Tunescribe. Is this an improvement over Rex? It seems to me this is more like another proverbial throwing of the dart at the dartboard to see if something works. My two cents is the owner of the Jets would have been better off giving Rex a chance to make it work with a new GM.

But my judgment on the Jets is clouded with bias. I admit it, I'm very biased toward seeing them fall right down on their contemptible, stupid faces and end up a laughingstock :D

So my prediction...

Bowles is more even keel, but still a defensive guy. The defense plays as well as they did under Rex but with less intensity (though that intensity was sporadic). He hires Chan Gailey who performs about as well as Morhinweg did. The new GM isn't any better than Izdick.

In other words, SOJ.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back