Jets fans want Cassel

Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaScotiaPatsFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Now we HAVE to franchise him. :D

**the Official Sign Matt Cassel Thread** - TheGangGreen.com Message Board

Although some of them still can't believe it's not the system.

he's a product of the system that they run up in NWE....he's nothing special.

There's no doubt that MC has played great for NE, in a very difficult spot. However, I fear that his success is a function of playing for the Belichick-Pats system, and that his performance outside of this system will decline.

Ehh I dont know if I really want Matt Cassel. I dont know if its just New Englands system or not. IDK if it gets Favre out of here then I guess i'm game for it lol.

If that were true, couldn't the Mangina just copy this lauded "system" ???

Re: Jets Fans Want Cassell

Man there a bunch of sad people.

I love it...

They aren't signing him - they can trade for him if they like though. No way he won't be Franchised at this point. I'd take a #2 pick - but from the Jets it's this year's and next year's #1.

If they actually want him and they don't get him I'm sure they'll file tampering charges.

yeah sure. joe montana , steve young etc played in one of the most famous systems.
Cassel has really earned what he got. Forget about the pats chances, his whole future as a football player after the preseason hung in balance once he stepped in to replace brady.If he had stunk , no one wouldve signed him.He has been playing with house money since game 2.That itsself shows how he can handle pressure.May not be the same player without moss and welker but no one is.

But, but they have the great Brett Favre, the king.........of INT's

Last edited:

im waiting for the "Lets sign Favre to be a veteran backup for O'Connell" threads

They can want, but can't have (or I hope)

I would hate to see him go to the Jets.

Some of the thread titles alone on that forum are just hilarious, I can only imagine reading through them.

When you hear people say that a guy who is very successful is just a product of a system, ask yourself why don't just copy the system.

It is fair to point out that Cassel has some great talent at skill positions. Some compare to 2001, but if we consider Welker and Troy to be a wash, we are left with Moss, Watson, Morris/Jordan vs. Patten, Wiggins, and A Smith. Not exactly an even trade.

Cassel should do fine -- question is whether he goes to a team like the Bears with some talent but need a QB, or a probably hopeless project like the Lions. (Maybe the Lions could qualify for some kind of bailout.)

If by some strange chance the Pats don't franchise Cassel (well if you listen to Andy Gresch there is no way the Pats will ever consider franchising Cassel), the Jets will go after him hard. Favre hasn't exactly set the league on fire and the Jets would happily dump Favre and his $12 million salary for Cassel. I expect them to dump Favre even if he wants to come back anyway.

I seem to recall most Jets fans being ecstatic when they traded for Favre, so don't read too much into those threads.

When you hear people say that a guy who is very successful is just a product of a system, ask yourself why don't just copy the system.

They did... at least they tried to... by hiring Mangini.

Reading the thread, it is funny that none of them understand the franchise tag system. Yeah, no one would trade for Cassel because they know that Brady is coming back. Yeah, so no team who will really want Cassel would want the exclusive opportunity to sign him. The Pats may not get what they want for Cassel, but someone will jump at the opportunity to trade away a draft pick to sign Cassel rather than watch Cassel's price go up and up on the open market and possibly lose him to another team.

A month ago, these very same Jets fans were praising Favre as the next coming of Broadway Joe. Now they are begging the franchise to sign anyone and just get rid of him. Funny how all that works...

A month ago, these very same Jets fans were praising Favre as the next coming of Broadway Joe. Now they are begging the franchise to sign anyone and just get rid of him. Funny how all that works...

It's been a roller coaster ride with Favre and the Jets fans all year. They were ready to get rid of him in October too. He went on a month run where he played well and they fell in love with him and now he is sucking again.

if he has to go he has to go. but you can bet your butt he aint goin to the jets

Funny or sad? I hope Goddell chokes on the Jets troubles. Worst homer commish ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back