PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets expected to fire HC Todd Bowles {update: fired}

Pretty good defensive coordinator. I wouldn't hand him the reins again anytime soon, but it's not like he had anything to work with until he got Darnold this year.

Pretty good defensive coordinator. I wouldn't hand him the reins again anytime soon, but it's not like he had anything to work with until he got Darnold this year.

I happened to watch many Jets games, when challenged with tough decisions, timeouts, challenges, he went with the wrong decision more often than not. He is a good DC but he is not ready to be calling all the shots.

Does Jim want to leave Michigan?

I've never seen him say a word on the sidelines.

He smiles a lot when things are going badly which is most of the time. Reminds me a lot of me when I'm watching the Jete too except he gets paid to be entertained.

Why?

Another massive mistake by my woodhead Johnson. Bowles won a few games last year with a horrible roster. Then this year he finally gets a qb worth developing, so Bowles deals with all the rookie pains of a rookie qb and woodhead burns him instead of letting him see this through.

Plus the jets defense is not that bad, and could develop into a really good one.

I hope for woodhead johnson’s ego that tapping mrs. goddell on a regular basis is worth the jets never having a chance at sniffing the playoffs!

Trying to beat that punk ass ***** Mehta to a storyline. I have a friend who works in the Pats equipment room. He has heard through the dink’s and the dunks that our very own Josh McDaniels wants that job. He’s got a young QB to develop, an enormous amount of salary cap room, and would love to show the world that he has been carrying BB and Tom his whole career. Why? I don’t know! Apparently it has something to do with some legacy ********.

I think your take was fine before “until he got Darnold this year.”

Mac isn’t a good GM and the roster sucks.
Bowles isn’t a good coach and the team lacks discipline and ingenuity.
Darnold isn’t a good quarterback even though he lacks good players around him.

All are true and fortunately for us the Jets will continue their stupidity with the idea that one or two are true, but not all are true. This is a 4-5 year exercise in stubbornness and pride, especially with Darnold. Mac will be the next to go - probably in two years when they realize his splash signings weren’t actually smart long-term - and finally Darnold after a long time of excuses and confirmation bias that his skills translate well to the pro game.

What’s going to happen is this. Harbaugh fires from Michigan. Joins pats as offensive coordinator. McDaniels goes to the jets. But resigns like in August lol

I’m praying I’m wrong but my tea leaves are fairly accurate.

Either that or Michigan hires pagano, harbaugh becomes head coach of jete (groan) and we wind up with Caldwell as some kind of assistant

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back