PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets expected to fire HC Todd Bowles {update: fired}

I'm not sure Lombardi , Walsh or Belichick could get the roster Bowles has had to work with to playoff contention so it's hard to fault Bowles for not making chicken salad out of that chicken bleep. That said, the Jete make a lot of mental errors that they don't seem to learn from. The fish rots from the head in the Jersey swamplands so we can feel secure in the knowledge whatever decision they make will be the wrong one. Harbaugh would be a horrendous fit with the NY media so I'd be happy to watch that dumpster fire burn for a few years. The Jete are like herpes, they just keep on giving

Yet he’d go to Indy?

What’s the difference

Not only would McDaniels be staring at the prospect of locking horns with Belichick twice a year but the institutional hatred in Foxborough for all things Jete is far in excess of what they have for the dolts, and that's really saying quite a bit. Overnight he would go from heir apparent to Fredo Corleone.

Not only would McDaniels be staring at the prospect of locking horns with Belichick twice a year but the institutional hatred in Foxborough for all things Jete is far in excess of what they have for the dolts, and that's really saying quite a bit. Overnight he would go from heir apparent to Fredo Corleone.
He saw Mangini do it

Mcdaniels would never go to the Jets.
Josh will go to the Jets just long enough to scrawl on a napkin,"I resign as HC of the NYJ."

@Tunescribe will complain that the note should have said "...HC of the NYJete."

Jim Irsay will tweet, "Been there. Done that with McDaniels and Belichick."

Jets will hire Mike McCarthy.

Granted Bowles isn't the ideal coach to groom a young QB. Just hate the idea of switching things on Sam after one season. He has been looking pretty good.

Now he'll have to learn a new system in year two.

Granted Bowles isn't the ideal coach to groom a young QB. Just hate the idea of switching things on Sam after one season. He has been looking pretty good.

And again in year 4 and another in year 6 and...

Maybe the OC will be retained.

You should hope that your next coach has input on the draft so he can get his own quarterback with the third overall pick and trade Blockhead Blunder Boy somewhere else.

Nothing says "forfeit the final game" like unofficially announcing ahead of time that your head coach gets his walking papers as soon as it's over. What a lousy franchise.

Bowles carried himself with too much class to ever make it with the Jets. They need EDGE with their coaches.

****olds and Kotites.

Does Jim want to leave Michigan?
Doubtful. He'd be insane to leave Michigan for the Jersey green cesspool, especially with Urban Meyer done at Ohio State. Regardless, the Jete need new ownership and management, not another new head coach.

Why?

Another massive mistake by my woodhead Johnson. Bowles won a few games last year with a horrible roster. Then this year he finally gets a qb worth developing, so Bowles deals with all the rookie pains of a rookie qb and woodhead burns him instead of letting him see this through.

Plus the jets defense is not that bad, and could develop into a really good one.

I hope for woodhead johnson’s ego that tapping mrs. goddell on a regular basis is worth the jets never having a chance at sniffing the playoffs!
He has lost double digit games 3 straight years and after tomorrow will be 14-34 in those 3 years.
Good coaches don’t lose like that and blaming it on the roster is bs.

By the way the jet defense stinks. 28th in points 26th in yards allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why?

Another massive mistake by my woodhead Johnson. Bowles won a few games last year with a horrible roster. Then this year he finally gets a qb worth developing, so Bowles deals with all the rookie pains of a rookie qb and woodhead burns him instead of letting him see this through.

Plus the jets defense is not that bad, and could develop into a really good one.

I hope for woodhead johnson’s ego that tapping mrs. goddell on a regular basis is worth the jets never having a chance at sniffing the playoffs!

Woody has been US Ambassador to the UK for the past couple years. I think his son, Christopher (Chariman and CEO of the Jete) has been running things in Woody's absence.

BTW - the name "Woody" Johnson always cracks me up.

Woody has been US Ambassador to the UK for the past couple years. I think his son, Christopher (Chariman and CEO of the Jete) has been running things in Woody's absence.

BTW - the name "Woody" Johnson always cracks me up.

upload_2018-12-30_7-12-6.png

The pressure of coaching in NYC too.

A press conference in KC has about 20 people and press conference in NYC 40. Competing with the Giants and Yankees to win. That place would spit on Eli because he does not win anymore. Many times a year 2 QB takes a step back because DCs have had all off season to break down film and identify tendencies.

GB is a much better situation.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back