PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jermaine Kearse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I said Kearse is better than Carr.
You said Mitchell < Kearse which means Mitchell is worse than kearse and kearse < carr, meaning hearse worse than carr

With Edelman gone we need our Miracle Catch in the Super Bowl role filled.
Calling it now Malcolm Mitchell rocks our socks off on a big play in the Super Bowl on the 4th quarter this year

Back to the original subject I wouldn't trade. It seems like kearse is on his way to being cut anyway

Why are there so many "Let's add a JAG receiver" threads all of a sudden?

Jarvis Landry's a stud. Other than that, it's been flotsam and jetsam.

Based on his unimpressive numbers last year Kearse should be cut.

Last edited:
No I said Kearse is better than Carr.

Carr has been in the system all through the off season, Kearse has not. Kearse would be useless this year, like Landry.

If your point is that you don't think Edleman wil be back then it makes sense to look outside the organization.

F#ck this....give Carr or Mitchell a chance!
Would love to see these guys become serious contributors but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Mitchell needs to prove he can stay healthy and Carr needs to make the team.

I do like Kearse to be honest. I wouldn't give up much for him, though.

Carr has been in the system all through the off season, Kearse has not. Kearse would be useless this year, like Landry.

If your point is that you don't think Edleman wil be back then it makes sense to look outside the organization.

For some players having an advanced knowledge of the system is important. With that said, the player need to have physical gifts and talent to execute.

Kearse is a ok receiver but is an NFL quality one. That is proven.

I don't think Carr is all that great. If he makes PS then fine but he not better than Kearse.

Carr is an UDFA in his first NFL offseason working his ass off to make the PS. At this point any other player that has been through a season has multiple legs up on him. It is getting ridiculous how posters here overrate the guy that he is right now.

Neither Kearse nor Landry would be useless this year because our coaching staff would find ways to use their strengths while they are catching up on the playbook and routes.

That being said we don't need more WR depth but if there is value in a trade in terms of what needs to be given up then it is never wrong to keep making the team deeper.

giphy.gif

Carr is an UDFA in his first NFL offseason working his ass off to make the PS. At this point any other player that has been through a season has multiple legs up on him. It is getting ridiculous how posters here overrate the guy that he is right now.

Neither Kearse nor Landry would be useless this year because our coaching staff would find ways to use their strengths while they are catching up on the playbook and routes.

That being said we don't need more WR depth but if there is value in a trade in terms of what needs to be given up then it is never wrong to keep making the team deeper.

If Kearse is cut (I wouldn't trade for him), I could maybe see adding him as a temporary 4th WR while Mitchell gets back to full health. He might see around 25% of the snaps and maybe a target or two over the course of the first couple games. How many snaps he sees probably depends a lot on how well he blocks. Once Mitchell is back, though, Kearse would likely be inactive since he hasn't been a significant ST contributor since 2013. The same probably applies to Carr.

Ignoring the significant amount it would cost the Pats in 2018 draft capital to acquire Landry for just one year, I think he's far more likely than Kearse to be a significant regular contributor from the get-go.

Jesus, don't trade for a WR, they have other needs.

They have 4 WR + 2 TE + 4 RB that can catch the damm ball.

2018 Cap Space >>> $25,762,056

QB (3) T.Brady, J.Garoppolo(FA), J.Brissett >> I would trade him, if they sign him our depth will be compromised. Brissett is not the answer either use his pick (#2 or #3) to develop another guy. Really good, maybe Excellent
RB (5) M.Gillislee, J.White, D.Lewis(FA), R.Burkhead(FA), J.Develin >> Extend both, that should be cheap. Excellent
WR (5) B.Cooks, C.Hogan, D.Amendola(FA), M.Slater(FA), M.Mitchell >> Extend both, that should be cheap. Edelman is gonna be back. Excellent
TE (3) R.Gronkowski, D.Allen, J.O'Shaughnessy >>> O'Shaughnessy is more than ok for a ST backup. Really good
C (1) D.Andrews >> Ok
G (3) S.Mason, J.Thuney, T.Karras >> Really good
T (4) N.Solder(FA), C.Fleming(FA), C.Cro0ston, M.Cannon >>> Extend Solder, he's is very solid and the T market is pretty weak. Flemming will be overpaid somewhere else. Garcia takes his place. Really good
DE (3) T.Flowers, G.Grissom(FA), D.Wise >> Rivers will be back, but even with him they need another ED that can play. Good, maybe really good
DT (5) A.Branch, M.Brown, L.Guy, A.Butler, V.Valentine >> Excellent
ILB(4) E.Roberts, H.Langi, D.Harris, D.Hightower >> Not perfect but is far from being our weaker group and HT is a monster. Good
OLB(3) M.Flowers(FA), S.McClellin, K.VanNoy (FA) >>> Sign Flowers, let Van Noy walk. Use our #2 pick here! Weak, but if we use one of our top picks, probably really good.
CB (5) M.Butler(FA), S.Gilmore, C.Jones, J.Jones, E.Rowe >> Butler isn't going to stay here so we need to use our top pick to replace him. Really good
SS (4) P.Chung, B.King(FA), N.Ebner(FA), Jordan Richards >>> We need an upgrade over Jordan.
FS (2) D.McCourty, D.Harmon >>> Excellent
ST (3) S.Gostkowski, R.Allen, J.Cardona >> Excellent

IR(3) = Rivers/Garcia/Edelman

Ideal world ... Let Van Noy and Fleming walk... Replace Van Noy with our #2 pick, that will be a HUGE upgrade. Flemmin is gonna fetch us a com pick and will be replaced by Garcia, so that's a plus. And with Cannon and Solder we are set for the future.

Trade Jimmy, yes i like him, but Brady still the greatest QB in this league, replace Jimmy with another rookie QB and move on ...

They can't afford Butler so use our #1 pick to replace him

Last edited:
Jesus, don't trade for a WR, they have other needs.

I agree with this part.

While all the speculation about trading for Kearse/Landry/Inman is a fun "thought experiment" exercise, I'd say that the odds are fairly low that the Pats actually spend significant draft capital to acquire a high-profile WR. They'd need to be certain that such a guy would immediately bump Mitchell and Amendola down the depth chart, and be certain that they'd be able to retain his services for 2-3 years.

Why are there so many "Let's add a JAG receiver" threads all of a sudden?

Jarvis Landry's a stud. Other than that, it's been flotsam and jetsam.

Your join date is 7/1/2007, so I would have thought you'd know by now. Anytime *anyone* is cut, rumored to be cut, or so much as sneezes loudly enough that his coach comments about it, we have a "let's add him" thread here.

Your punishment is to stand in the corner for 5 minutes repeating "Sign the beast!!!" until you learn! :p

This we don't need anybody because we have Carr kinda reminds me of when people said we didn't need Blount because we have Bolden and later we didn't need him because we have Gray lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes