PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Creating the Perfect Front Office

slam

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
You know those articles which try to create the perfect Quarterback by taking Manning's brain, Brady's heart, Cam Newton's legs, and Aaron Rodger's arm? If you were to create the perfect GM in that way by taking parts from various NFL franchises, who would you take? How many of these parts would you take from Bill Belichick?
  • You would get the Steelers to draft Wide Receivers
  • Would you take the Cowboys to draft your OL? They have a great OL, but they're all high picks, so do they get that much credit? Then again, a number of high OL picks have busted in recent years. The Patriots and Packers could be candidates, but their QBs have a hand in making the OL look good no doubt. Are there other teams with a cheaply assembled great OL?
  • You'd get the Patriots to draft 3rd down backs and to run the UDFA program.
  • You'd get the Patriots to be in charge of cap management and trades.
  • The Patriots would be in charge of all Special Teams acquisitions.
  • I can't think of a better team to be in charge of drafting QBs than the Patriots, even though 95% of that is drafting Brady. I guess you could say the Colts, but how hard was it to settle on Manning and Luck?
  • I'd guess you'd get the Broncos to sign veteran FA's. (Manning, Sanders, Talib, DeMarcus Ware, etc.)
  • You'd get the Seahawks to draft DBs
  • You'd get the Jets FO to tell you what not to do. Anything they suggest would be immediately taken off the table.
  • The Ravens would be in charge of accumulating Comp picks. They're the only ones even more invested in that process than the Patriots.
  • The Giants would be in charge of being cozy with the commissioner's office to gain competitive advantages.
  • I'd guess the Texans would be in charge of drafting DL?
That's all I have so far. Not sure who'd I'd put in charge of drafting early down running backs, tight ends (Pats?), and LB.

Have to keep in mind, while the Steelers are probably much better at drafting wide outs, they do have a simpler offensive system than the Patriots who probably have the toughest.

You know those articles which try to create the perfect Quarterback by taking Manning's brain, Brady's heart, Cam Newton's legs, and Aaron Rodger's arm? If you were to create the perfect GM in that way by taking parts from various NFL franchises, who would you take? How many of these parts would you take from Bill Belichick?
  • You would get the Steelers to draft Wide Receivers
  • Would you take the Cowboys to draft your OL? They have a great OL, but they're all high picks, so do they get that much credit? Then again, a number of high OL picks have busted in recent years. The Patriots and Packers could be candidates, but their QBs have a hand in making the OL look good no doubt. Are there other teams with a cheaply assembled great OL?
  • You'd get the Patriots to draft 3rd down backs and to run the UDFA program.
  • You'd get the Patriots to be in charge of cap management and trades.
  • The Patriots would be in charge of all Special Teams acquisitions.
  • I can't think of a better team to be in charge of drafting QBs than the Patriots, even though 95% of that is drafting Brady. I guess you could say the Colts, but how hard was it to settle on Manning and Luck?
  • I'd guess you'd get the Broncos to sign veteran FA's. (Manning, Sanders, Talib, DeMarcus Ware, etc.)
  • You'd get the Seahawks to draft DBs
  • You'd get the Jets FO to tell you what not to do. Anything they suggest would be immediately taken off the table.
  • The Ravens would be in charge of accumulating Comp picks. They're the only ones even more invested in that process than the Patriots.
  • The Giants would be in charge of being cozy with the commissioner's office to gain competitive advantages.
  • I'd guess the Texans would be in charge of drafting DL?
That's all I have so far. Not sure who'd I'd put in charge of drafting early down running backs, tight ends (Pats?), and LB.
LOL @ the Jets part.

I'd get the Bills to draft us some running backs since they're kinda of already doing it.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
Back