PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jermaine Kearse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are there so many "Let's add a JAG receiver" threads all of a sudden?

Jarvis Landry's a stud. Other than that, it's been flotsam and jetsam.

Because depth can be fleeting. Edelman is gone. I love Mitchell and think that he could be a huge part of their offense but wonder if he is going to be healthy enough to depend upon him to be a core contributor. It seems as though his knee issue has turned into a chronic one that needs to be "managed". Amendola is clutch and has Brady's trust (like Mitchell) but has also missed time almost every season. Carr was super productive in college, is tough and seems to have the smarts but looks slow to me, nothing like Edelman or Welker, or even Amendola, in terms of quickness. I'm not as wowed by him as some posters here. I question whether he can get open consistently at the NFL level.

As for outside WRs....let's please close the Landry thread. Great player would be perfect for what the Pats do but the Phins aren't trading him, at least not to the Pats. They would take a huge PR while bailing the Pats out after Edelman's injury. The latest news today that the NFL is still investigating him for the time he (allegedly) hit his girlfriend is the last nail in the coffin.

For me Inman > Kearse. He has the height that we lack at WR, is versatile as a route runner (6.53 in the all important three-cone shows good short area quickness but many of his TDs last season were over 20 TDs) and he plays special teams. I love Rivers' quote about him being dependable in terms of running the right routes and always "doing his job". 50/800 with 4 TDs aren't the numbers of a JAG.

For some players having an advanced knowledge of the system is important. With that said, the player need to have physical gifts and talent to execute.

Kearse is a ok receiver but is an NFL quality one. That is proven.

I don't think Carr is all that great. If he makes PS then fine but he not better than Kearse.

I didn't say Carr was BETTER than Kearse, I said that because he was familiar with the system he could do more than Kearse for the Team THIS YEAR.

You have to judge any WR receiver trade this year in terms of NEXT YEAR when they 'know' the system and have Brady's Trust.

If you think JE11 won't make it back from an injury, then make the trade, if you think JE11 will be back next year you roll with the current roster.

I like Carr and think he has a lot of potential for this O, but I will defer to JMD and BB, since I know they will make the correct decision.

Because depth can be fleeting. Edelman is gone. I love Mitchell and think that he could be a huge part of their offense but wonder if he is going to be healthy enough to depend upon him to be a core contributor. It seems as though his knee issue has turned into a chronic one that needs to be "managed". Amendola is clutch and has Brady's trust (like Mitchell) but has also missed time almost every season. Carr was super productive in college, is tough and seems to have the smarts but looks slow to me, nothing like Edelman or Welker, or even Amendola, in terms of quickness. I'm not as wowed by him as some posters here. I question whether he can get open consistently at the NFL level.

As for outside WRs....let's please close the Landry thread. Great player would be perfect for what the Pats do but the Phins aren't trading him, at least not to the Pats. They would take a huge PR while bailing the Pats out after Edelman's injury. The latest news today that the NFL is still investigating him for the time he (allegedly) hit his girlfriend is the last nail in the coffin.

For me Inman > Kearse. He has the height that we lack at WR, is versatile as a route runner (6.53 in the all important three-cone shows good short area quickness but many of his TDs last season were over 20 TDs) and he plays special teams. I love Rivers' quote about him being dependable in terms of running the right routes and always "doing his job". 50/800 with 4 TDs aren't the numbers of a JAG.

Good find I still think we need another WR "just in case of injury" if we lose any other player to significant time at that Position we would be depleted. If he's on the block I would be surprised if BB doesn't take notice of Dontrelle Inman. Our WR's have a propensity to get banged up I think another WR is a need.

For some players having an advanced knowledge of the system is important. With that said, the player need to have physical gifts and talent to execute.

Kearse is a ok receiver but is an NFL quality one. That is proven.

I don't think Carr is all that great. If he makes PS then fine but he not better than Kearse.

One way to explain Jermain Kearse's abysmal numbers last year was that Russell Wilson like both Doug Baldwin and Tyler Lockett...Baldwin mostly who was thrown to 124 times thus his big year last season. They even like Paul Richardson coming into this year which would make Kearse expandable...I would kick the tires. That said the player that comes in barring injuries would have plenty of time to learn our Playbook.

Edit.

Mitchell > Kearse

Kearse > Carr

I love that you've gotten three disagrees on this. It shows just how dearly this forum holds its binkies. Kearse, at this point, is much, much better than Carr. Kearse has, you know, actually had success in this league. Carr (while I have hope for him) has only made a couple of catches against back-ups in the preseason to date. I have no clue what there is to disagree with here.

EDIT: Disregard. This is why you should read subsequent posts before replying.

I didn't say Carr was BETTER than Kearse, I said that because he was familiar with the system he could do more than Kearse for the Team THIS YEAR.

You have to judge any WR receiver trade this year in terms of NEXT YEAR when they 'know' the system and have Brady's Trust.

If you think JE11 won't make it back from an injury, then make the trade, if you think JE11 will be back next year you roll with the current roster.

I like Carr and think he has a lot of potential for this O, but I will defer to JMD and BB, since I know they will make the correct decision.

Of course and your rationalization is logical.

The question on the table is 2017.

I choose Kearse over Carr.

I most likely choose Kearse over Carr for 2018 as what I saw in the preseason didn't get me excited.

I love that you've gotten three disagrees on this. It shows just how dearly this forum holds its binkies. Kearse, at this point, is much, much better than Carr. Kearse has, you know, actually had success in this league. Carr (while I have hope for him) has only made a couple of catches against back-ups in the preseason to date. I have no clue what there is to disagree with here.

EDIT: Disregard. This is why you should read subsequent posts before replying.

I have no idea why I flipped the > or < signs. I wasn't even drinking.

I wouldn't trade for him. I'd sign him though. We may end up playing seattle in the super bowl and his knowledge could come in handy, similar to us picking up brandon browner in 2014. And it fills a position of need.

Meh in this offense with TB12, bet that goes up.

tyler lockett had higher ypc on the same number of catches........and 20 fewer targets......his percentages are out of whack with the other targets on the team

One way to explain Jermain Kearse's abysmal numbers last year was that Russell Wilson like both Doug Baldwin and Tyler Lockett...Baldwin mostly who was thrown to 124 times thus his big year last season. They even like Paul Richardson coming into this year which would make Kearse expandable...I would kick the tires. That said the player that comes in barring injuries would have plenty of time to learn our Playbook.

Kearse was actually the second most targeted WR on the Seahawks in 2016. He had 89 targets, Locket had 66, Richardson had 36. The reason for Kearse's "abysmal numbers" is that he caught only 46% of what was thrown his way.

Anybody knows what was Kearse's Drop rate last season??

Report: Seahawks have Jermaine Kearse on trade block

27, 2.2 base salary this year. Great possession guy. Possible Dola replacement after this season?

I'd ring the doorbell.

OK.. Trying to understand how Kearse would be a replacement for Amendola.
Kearse (6'0 7/8) is 2 inches taller than Amendola (5'10 4/8), faster (4.43) than Amendola (4.58), Can jump higher (35.5") than Amendola (31"). The similarities are just in the shuttle and 3-cone.

If you add Kearse, you're taking time away from Mitchell and Hogan..

Of course and your rationalization is logical.

The question on the table is 2017.

I choose Kearse over Carr.

I most likely choose Kearse over Carr for 2018 as what I saw in the preseason didn't get me excited.
Floyd > Kearse....just sayin

Just an observation when it comes to stats dropping year after year, that's actually a reflection of the Seahawks offense as a whole.

Not interested. He would be our fifth best WR here

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore