PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jeremy Hill signs with Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Gillislee and Burkhead run hard, but both are a little light in the pants.
Sorry Ken, I don’t mean to nitpick but Gilly is 5’11” & 219 pounds. Hill is listed at 6’1” & 230 pounds. I don’t feel that Hill runs any harder than Gillislee. It’s all gonna come down to which ever guy can protect the ball and read the holes better. And, I guess pass blocking is important. The problem with Gillislee IMO is when he was on the field, it was pretty damn obvious that we would be running. Throw Lewis or Burkhead out there, and it wasn’t quite as obvious. Problem is, Burksy couldn’t stay healthy. So, did we bring Hill in to challenge Gillislee for the same role/skill set or did we sign Hill thinking he will be a 3 down type back that keeps teams honest.

You can never have too many JAG running backs. Well, if you are Bill Belichick, anyway.

WOW . that's cheap for a young 2nd rounder that produced..
This looks like he wanted to come exactly here. via B-Rex

No guarantee whatsoever that he will survive post camp cuts. I am indifferent on the player because who knows which Hill we will get but like the contract. Worst case it is a 150k flyer..

No guarantee whatsoever that he will survive post camp cuts. I am indifferent on the player because who knows which Hill we will get but like the contract. Worst case it is a 150k flyer..
Yes, he’s the exact same as Jason McCourty, Mike Gilleslee, Eric Rowe, Kenny Britt, Philip Dorsett, etc—meaning that there won’t be any dead cap hit and that there’s absolutely no guarantee that any of these players will even make it to the 53 man roster.

These are the typical signings to round out the offseason 90 man roster that we see every single year. I would imagine that Hill is in a battle with Gilleslee and maybe even a rookie or another future vet signing, depending on who else is brought in, how they look, and how many RB spots we’ll have.

It' what he is worth. People are enamoured with his rookie season. He has been blah since then.

In the three years following his rookie season.

To put that in perspective, Mike Gilleslee had a 3.7 ypc here, last season.

And Mike was benched.

I like this signing quite a bit, but maybe I just still see that Hill Hype train shine on him

Gilly's contract details: Mike Gillislee signed a 2 year, $6,400,000 contract with the New England Patriots, including $1,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $3,200,000. In 2018, Gillislee will earn a base salary of $1,900,000 and a roster bonus of $281,250, while carrying a cap hit of $2,181,250.

We already gave him a big roster bonus last year and accounted for that on our 2017 cap. So, we could even cut Gilly in camp if Hill looks good.

That isn't in sequence. 3.6 came before 3.8.

Plus the Bungles line has gotten progressively worse over the last 3 years.

My point is he is by no means a rock star but I don't think his substandard performance is all on him.

That isn't in sequence. 3.6 came before 3.8.

Plus the Bungles line has gotten progressively worse over the last 3 years.

My point is he is by no means a rock star but I don't think his substandard performance is all on him.
And the 3.1 was on 37 carries

Wonder if they’ll cut bait with Gillislee now that they have Hill. Though I believe they could keep both for now.

I’m a fan of this signing. He’s gonna be pretty good in NE IMO.
Well, as long as it's not
022118-jemele-hill-the-view-kal-1080x608.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes