Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How do you feel about extending Gilmore and trading Jackson?

• Total voters
Jackson is a lot younger and he's already very good and getting better. I love Gilmore and I hope we find a way to keep him around. But if it comes down to either Gilmore or Jackson I have to choose Jackson on age alone. He'll be hitting his peak around the time Gilmore retires.

PS - What is RLKAG?
Hint: the action of a certain Ratbird LB.

Yeah he's not ready to be a CB1 but very solid CB2. Really need to lock him up.

If Jackson is willing to take a Jonathan Jones type of contract (inflation added), of course.

But if he is looking for CB1 money, they might roll the dice.

If Howe has information that JC wants that type of contract, maybe Bill lets him walk for a second.

Not saying I agree. How much is a team going to give JC and lose a second round pick?

Watching Diggs run away from JC on his 1st TD was eye opening.
Not fast enough to be considered a #1 ???

Oh yeah, a second round pick would definitely result in a player better than JC Jackson. I mean, just look at BB's record with second round draft picks in the last 7 years, especially secondary players, LOL. JC Jackson isn't perfect and he is no Gilmore, but give him up for anything less than a first round pick is pure idiocy. People like to think this team needs more draft picks to rebuild, but we don't need more picks, we need better decision makers with the picks we have. No amount of first or second round picks can help us when we keep drafting Michel/Harry/Dawson/Richards/Cyrus Jones with them.

Jackson is a lot younger and he's already very good and getting better. I love Gilmore and I hope we find a way to keep him around. But if it comes down to either Gilmore or Jackson I have to choose Jackson on age alone. He'll be hitting his peak around the time Gilmore retires.

PS - What is RLKAG?
Ray Lewis Killed A Guy

Can we put a 1st round tender on Jackson? Cos I doubt BB drafts a better DB in round 2. The secondary is the strength of this team right now but could easily become a weakness if we lose our top 2 guys.

With our recent draft luck, do you really want a second rounder instead?

I guess I don’t really get it. I’d say Gilmore has a very good 2-3 years left as a #1. If he’s wanting to break the bank, don’t do it. If he has reasonable demands, you re-sign him. With JC, obviously he has youth going for him, great ball skills, but is not a #1 in the way guys like Law, Revis and Gilmore have been for the team. So, you don’t pay him that.

If that’s what he wants, tender him with 1st rd tender and get him for another year. When he signs away on a big deal, won’t we get a 3rd in comp most likely? I’d rather have JC 1 year+3rd rd. Vs. just a 2nd rounder. Then again, if both are wanting to break the bank, can’t do it. Too many holes to fill. Rebuilding front 7 will work wonders for a decent secondary.

Im okay with keeping JMC at a much reduced salary, but I don’t think that will happen. We could end up with a situation where we lose JMC, Gilmore, and JC. Brutal!

Gilmore was a brilliant signing. He’s more than lived up to the contract. If they want him for another year, that’s great. I think they move on. As others have stated (1) he’s over 30 (2) he still has value for a contender (3) NE will take a few years to rebuild & Gilmore’s timeline might not fit.

Sure, JC got beaten last game. And he’ll get beaten again. It’s a modern game and defending is more difficult than ever. He’s been very good. And I hope he sticks around for several more seasons.

For the people that are in such a hurry to trade Gilmore with a s*** ton of cap space. Go back in time to 2005 and look at what happened when Ty Law left. Law, McGinest and Phifer were pretty much the difference in that season. This all happened when Bruschi had also suffered a stroke. BB replaced them with Duane Starks (who was not good with the Cardinals) for a 3rd round pick and Monty Biesel - the birth of Billy's Blunders.

Do not creates needs when you don't have to, especially when you don't have a contingency plan in place (something Bill has done far too often). Jackson is a solid #2 outside CB, but he's not ready to take on the elite WR's.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back