PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jeff Howe: Pats in market for a WR and TE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go get sanders from Denver and hooper from Atlanta .... both in contract years
Uuh I really like Hooper.

But Im still cant really disregard what we need to do to clear space. Correct me if Im wrong, but Incentive count for cap when they are met, so we need to have at least some margin there...

According to Breer (pregame yesterday), Howard is not available.

His numbers so far are underwhelming. Those clowns don’t know how to utilize him. What a complete waste in that cesspool. Talk your way out of that dump the only way out.

Anyone's available for the right price.
Sure but how much? If Elway made a trade to make us better that fan base will be throwing rotten vegetables at him lol...

IMO our defense is so good we HAVE to do this. IMO, that and injuries is the ONLY thing keeping us from a guaranteed SB win, IMO. Well, and wynn coming back. Have to bulk up that oline just a bit.

According to Breer (pregame yesterday), Howard is not available.
Which makes sense, given that he’s under contract for the rest of this season, next season, and then the fifth year option season. The next Bucs head coach will get a chance to fix him when Arians and company are gone.

IMO our defense is so good we HAVE to do this. IMO, that and injuries is the ONLY thing keeping us from a guaranteed SB win, IMO. Well, and wynn coming back. Have to bulk up that oline just a bit.

Just to clarify....is this fact or your opinion?

Which makes sense, given that he’s under contract for the rest of this season, next season, and then the fifth year option season. The next Bucs head coach will get a chance to fix him when Arians and company are gone.

Those guys are not going anywhere anytime soon. Likely 3 years. If they keep winston it will only be worse. Something tells me they will keep him around. He hasn’t looked terrible lately but we shall see later during the season.

Look forward to some solid moves that ultimately help the team in the long haul, while the Felger and Mazz parrots on this site criticize anything and everything that happens.

AB
OJ Howard
Sanders
Green
OBJ
Sanu
Diggs
Corey Davis

Can we just sign Jordan Richards to an extension, instead?

AB is literally just there. We should bring AB back instead of trading for another WR, Kraft just needs to swallow his bloody pride. TE should be the main trade priority.
Remind me again the last time a team cut a player for off the field conduct and then resigned him within the same year???!!!

Honestly this argument, being made by a number of otherwise smart and analytical poster, is DETACHED FROM REALITY!!!

Sanders would be perfect in this offense.
The more I think on it the less I believe it. Sanders is a fine receiver, or at least he has been in the past. But he neither is quick, or in the big/strong mode. He's a redundant guy to Josh Gordon. He improves depth but adds nothing to the skill set. At best he makes Brady feel better, like Thomas did.

On the other hand adding a TE who adds to McDaniels' middle of the field options and improves our blocking WOULD add a skill set that is currently missing from the equation. And there are 2 that could be enticing. Both of which could be found in the same place where Arians runs a TE unfriendly system.

I'd actually give up a 2020 first for OJ Howard. He's a wildly talented underperformer who has been languishing in TB. We'd get a guy who COULD be an impact player in this system, and we'd have him another 2.5 years under a reasonable contract. I'd even throw in Lacosse if that sweetened the deal for him. Then I'd bring back Ben, and have Izzo, Watson, and Howard as my 3 TEs and no FB. for the rest of the season, and work Izzo from the FB position on occasion.

That seems like a fair deal. It would make sense cap wise. But most importantly it would add a skill set that we AREN'T going to get by getting another WR.

TB is not going to trade OJ Howard....he would be extremely successful in Pats O with TFB throwing him the ball....but they aren’t going to give him up!

A lot of pats fans /media people recently talking about Mohamed Sanu....not a fan of this guy and wouldn’t even remotely be a difference maker here....look at his numbers......

A lot of pats fans /media people recently talking about Mohamed Sanu....not a fan of this guy and wouldn’t even remotely be a difference maker here....look at his numbers......
Eh, I don’t know. I’d be pretty happy to get an experienced, physical presence like Sanu for the right price.

This will be the 4th season in a row (he’s already halfway there, through 5 games) where he has 60+ catches, and that’s in an offense with Julio Jones and a first round draft pick in Calvin Ridley.

Sounds exactly like a BB move then.

Also according to Lombardi they thought they had a trade for Sanu done this offseason until Quinn veto'd it.

Eh, I don’t know. I’d be pretty happy to get an experienced, physical presence like Sanu for the right price.

This will be the 4th season in a row (he’s already halfway there, through 5 games) where he has 60+ catches, and that’s in an offense with Julio Jones and a first round draft pick in Calvin Ridley.

BB has a pretty good relationship with Thomas Dimitroff.. so that make make that easier for the Patriots. Both sides know what they are dealing with...

No matter who they deal for will not make up for the loss of Gronk, Wynn, Andrews and Develin... #12 loses a lot of effectiveness when he is continually under pressure..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes