PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JE11 - Performance next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorkshire Pat

On the Roster
Reaction score
Given that speed is one of his best attributes and the fact that he is knocking on in age, whats the thinking of post injury Julian next year. Do you fear he will have lost a step or two or is he likely to make a fullish recovery

I think old Gumby will strongly encourage 11 and 80 to change their lifestyles.

They will hang on effectively for at least 2 more years.

Ever since the injury I've been a little worried we might have seen his peak come and go. That doesn't mean he can't be a rich man's Amendola for years to come, however. And who knows? Maybe he will recover and keep his speed/quickness further into his 30s.

A floor of 2010 Welker seems like a safe bet. Wes was younger, but had less time to recuperate.

Really hope Edelman returns to form but I wouldn't bet any money on it. He will be 32 and for a guy that has taken that many hits.. ehhh.. we need to draft his replacement. If he has a 50 catch mediocre season next year and then 2019 he returns to form but now he is knocking on the old age of 34 years old. Lets face it for a guy like him thats old. Punishing hit after punishing hit.. Julians and Welkers do not grow on tree's.

Now imagine a third-down offense of Squirrel, Lewis, GRONK, Cooks, and Amendola. . . .

Given the number of people who'll be fighting for catches, it's hard to say he'll ever be a 100-catch receiver again. But there's no doubt the offense works better when he's fully functional than it does without him.

As Amendola has said, it takes the entire offense to replace the Squirrel, not just as a receiver, but also as a blocker.

Considering his age I think if he can give us what Welker did in 2010 that would be great. He will have had 4 more months of recovery than Welker did so that will help.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
A step lost is still a step gained by simply having him back in this offense.

Given that speed is one of his best attributes and the fact that he is knocking on in age, whats the thinking of post injury Julian next year. Do you fear he will have lost a step or two or is he likely to make a fullish recovery
I'm bullish on his fullish, clutchish recoveryish

Not a chance. He is The Squirrel.
Well, he's not a gerbil...

1. a burrowing mouselike rodent that is specially adapted to living in arid conditions, found in Africa and Asia.

2. another term for jird.
th

I think old Gumby will strongly encourage 11 and 80 to change their lifestyles.

They will hang on effectively for at least 2 more years.

Squirrel is one of the folks working with Guerrero.

As Amendola has said, it takes the entire offense to replace the Squirrel, not just as a receiver, but also as a blocker.

That's true of any truly versatile player. Look at ST: they couldn't simply plug in one player to replace Nate Ebner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back