PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another Julian Edelman Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I believe I read recently there are only a handful (like 6) wide receivers over the age 32 that have caught a pass this season. Julian Edelman is now 33 years-old...as a comparison, Wes Welker showed big signs of decline at age 32 (his first with Fivehead) and was essentially cooked by age 33. But Welker’s decline was very normal and follows the WR curve like almost everyone else.

Back in 2016/17, I was thinking Edelman’s decline would also come fast and that 2017 or 2018 would be his last productive year. And that prediction was before his ACL tear...which made me wonder if he’d ever even be close to the same player again as a 30+ WR whose game is based so much on footwork.

Edelman now has 82 receptions for 915 yards with four games left. He’s having one of his best seasons at this age, playing though an obvious injury, and being the sole focus of defensive game plans.

I don’t think he has a realistic chance at Canton, but this guy is truly a remarkable athlete and is a very easy choice for Patriots Hall of Fame, along with many other franchise superlatives. It’s amazing to think that his career was hanging by a thread in 2013 and no one wanted him. Year after year, game after game, he performs at a high level. What a great player.

If only he had some help.

Our only competent wideout. The guy’s a beast. If he only had another great sidekick next to him.

He’s a warrior. I’m sad that his incredible effort this season is likely to be wasted.

Feels bad that he's our only competent wideout. Hes doing everything he can. But yeah hes not getting into Canton. Too many far better receivers who aren't even in yet and Welker deserves it more than him.

Feels bad that he's our only competent wideout.

What was Kraft/BB/McDaniels expecting when they literally cut every seasoned veteran WR on the team? And with Gronk couldn't they at least have tried to implant his brain with mind-control devices?

I know it won’t necessarily change everything, but I’d still be interested to see what would happen if you put White out there on 80% of all plays. Put him in with Sony or Burkhead. Backfield, slot...

#11 has exceeded my expectations this year. If we had two of him, I’d worry less about scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes