PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JE11 on Garoppolo

I still wonder how BB knew that he could hold pat and still get Mac. To me it was at best an informed gamble.
I love Mac as much as anyone here but I think the Pats had a similar grade on Mills which is why they were willing to chance Mac going elsewhere.

I don't think they would have taken Mills at 15 but I think they would have been aggressive to try and get him by trading up into the 1st round if necessary.

Last edited:
But how did Bill know that SF was going to hold onto Jimmy before he had a chance to draft Mac?
SF stated publicly "no plans to trade JG" after moving up in the draft

And it is my understanding NE still approached SF with propositions after this public declaration (two weeks before draft) and SF definitively stated JG is staying put
Was he told before the draft that SF was going to take Lance?
Likely, but so what
It's not as if BB was ever going to pay a draft capital ransom to the NYJ to get ahead of SF's #3 pick.
Besides, both the Jags and the Jetes were locked in on their guys long before the picks were in, and it was understood Lance was SF's guy (refer to all the reporting draft week that SF had changed targets, from Mac to Lance)

I love Mac as much as anyone here but I think the Pats had a similar grade on Mills which is why they were willing to chance Mac going elsewhere.
I was told.....
Mills was NE's Plan B at QB
If Mac was off the board, BB was willing to trade up in the 2nd round

I saw jones take a monster sack against Dallas last year and jones got up, looked a little wobbly at first, but went right back in the huddle.

At that point, I knew jones was in his way to being Brady tough and had past jimmy soft!

Zolak said yesterday that Blount told him a while back that he also thought Jimmy was soft and let the team down. So that’s 3 of the most important offensive skill players on that years roster who are on record as being pissed about Jimmy.
Yet none of those 3 have medical degrees or viewed his mri. We all know how office rumors spread like wildfire, a lot of times w/o foundation or based on misinformation. Regardless, I find it odd that JE11 would come out and slam Jimmy, who in fact contributed that year to a SB winning season.

This will have zero effect on his trade value. Teams will look at his last 3 seasons, which are very good when he wasn't injured. It'd be funny if he gets traded to CAR to see Brady vs Garappolo twice a year.

I don't think they would have taken Mills at 15 but I think they would have been aggressive to try and get him by trading up into the 1st round if necessary.
Mills would've been great here last season. Too bad he ended up w/ the lowly Texans.

I think we also liked Kellen Mond/Kyle Trask as well.

If we had taken...say Micah Parsons...then traded up for Davis Mills...I wouldn't have been upset.

But I am extremely happy with McCorkle.

I've lost some respect for Edelman after hearing him taking shots at Garoppolo. Why do that?

I don't see why you'd lose respect for Edelman over this. JAG screwed the team over by waiting until the last minute to bail on a game, when the backup was the QB3 with a screwed up thumb.

& he sucked really badly.

I've seen a lot of QBs play with this injury. They are useless. The non-throwing shoulder is a huge part of... throwing. Eason had it. Elway had it. Elway used to drive the ball into the ground regularly with injury.

And beyond that, if you get hit and separate it again, you can say bye to your career. Baker shouldn't have been out there.

JAG sat when his backup was stuck playing with a screwed up thumb. So JAG hung Brissett out to dry as well as hosing the team in general.

I think we also liked Kellen Mond/Kyle Trask as well.

If we had taken...say Micah Parsons...then traded up for Davis Mills...I wouldn't have been upset.

But I am extremely happy with McCorkle.
linebackers are a dime a dozen

we've yet to see the difference between Jones and Mills but I suspect it is massive

I always respected Brissett for gutting it out with one thumb as a rookie.
100%. Splitting with Houston and Buffalo while Brady was out allowed us to go 3-1 in his absence and we were off to the Super Bowl. The key to the biggest play of the Houston win was Shaq Mason pulling and putting Bernard McKinney on the ground.

I had Mills as our QB2 last fall. Had him and Mac graded pretty closely. I don't need convincing. Not easy being this good when it comes to identifying future Pats. Especially at the QB position. Jimmy, Stidham, Mac, Zappe, Mills ... tough being so much better than everyone. Gift and a curse I suppose?

And if he had played and injured the shoulder and jeopardized his future, that turned out to be worth about 100 million dollars would any of you felt bad for him? Disappointed that JE shot his mouth off. I don't expect anything different from Bennett. Did he get any credit for playing the last two games this year with a bad shoulder? Apparently not.

I don't see why you'd lose respect for Edelman over this. JAG screwed the team over by waiting until the last minute to bail on a game, when the backup was the QB3 with a screwed up thumb.
JAG sat when his backup was stuck playing with a screwed up thumb. So JAG hung Brissett out to dry as well as hosing the team in general.

Oh, here we go again. James Richard Garoppolo played on the same team as TB12 (a/k/a the Dis Array-anointed Buccaneers deity), therefore he was "just a guy."

Last edited:
It was a freaking stupid injury trying to extend a play in a blowout game. Otherwise he would go 4-0 .

And if he had played and injured the shoulder and jeopardized his future, that turned out to be worth about 100 million dollars would any of you felt bad for him? Disappointed that JE shot his mouth off. I don't expect anything different from Bennett. Did he get any credit for playing the last two games this year with a bad shoulder? Apparently not.
History has proven that JG made the right career decision. He did what he needed to do, in conflict with the teams goals at the time. In the rivalry between Brady and JG, JG was first to act like an NBA player. Clearly his teammates feel let down.

History has proven that JG made the right career decision. He did what he needed to do, in conflict with the teams goals at the time. In the rivalry between Brady and JG, JG was first to act like an NBA player. Clearly his teammates feel let down.
I agree. He made a business decision - arguably a wise one given the circumstances.

And players more concerned with business decisions that lead them to miss playing time when called upon are players I do not want in New England.

Last edited:

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back