PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JE11 on Garoppolo

Brady played through a separated shoulder one year. I’m sure it hurt, but a tougher quarterback plays through that injury.
In the season finale vs MIA in 2002 he had an AC joint sprain in his throwing shoulder and a mild separation in his non-throwing one.

I am not a fan of Jimmy's, but that was not a small shoulder injury. It was separated. He was crushed. I have no idea why he was named the starter on Thursday, maybe because Brisset was badly hurt too, but I can see why someone wouldn't go out there with a separated shoulder.
It was a Grade 2 AC joint sprain. 2-4 week recovery.

What we don't know is..
1) could he have thrown a football well and performed
2) was the pain manageable (drugs/no drugs?)
3) would it have gotten worse by throwing

Brutal. Thought the team liked Jimmy more than Tom. That's why he was shipped out of town.

It was his throwing shoulder. I just posted the replay above. Watch for yourself

Interesting…he landed on his right shoulder but Alonso landed on his left shoulder. Maybe he hurt both in one play?

I remember that game vividly. I was out to brunch with a bunch of my cousins, and I couldn’t even eat my food. Game sucked..

Interesting…he landed on his right shoulder but Alonso landed on his left shoulder. Maybe he hurt both in one play?
It is pretty clear in the way that he was letting his right arm hang limp, after the hit, that his RIGHT shoulder was hurting him.

I am not a fan of Jimmy's, but that was not a small shoulder injury. It was separated. He was crushed. I have no idea why he was named the starter on Thursday, maybe because Brisset was badly hurt too, but I can see why someone wouldn't go out there with a separated shoulder.

Baker Mayfield played with a separated shoulder with a fractured bone on his non-throwing shoulder. Football, and hockey, are big boy sports.

Its hard to predict the mans pain level. He might of just been that hurt or he might of just been a ***** like Bennett alludes.

However, I will say this, he beat a high powered Arizona team, He left that Miami game with a dominating 1st half with 3 tds and a 135 qbr. Had he finished that game and say threw for 4 or 5 tds, clobbered Houston and Buffalo the next 2 games would he have netted the Pats a first rounder or maybe more?

Could care less that he was traded, I was Brady all the way, but I do have some lament over him not finishing that 4 game stretch and netting better draft capitol. Then again, maybe he does so well that Brady is traded and that would of been a bad thing. 2016-2018 was glorious with Brady. Even the Philly loss where he played his ass off to the tune of 500+ yards.

Jesus, why is everyone dumping on Dreamy Jimmy? He's been a class act in SF, the way he handled the whole Lance pick.

I've lost some respect for Edelman after hearing him taking shots at Garoppolo. Why do that?

I saw the MB and JE11 stuff. This guy is the biggest puh$$y since Tony Eason. Even EASON was slighty tougher than JG. You hear that Jimmy, Eason > you. I just wanted to call him out and also give props to Jacoby Brissett.
JG, YOU SUCK! All he was worried about is his future payday so his agent could have been a big part of his decision to sit out. I will always root against him. He pulled a complete Tony Eason in his last playoff game.
Who's is going to want to trade for him now that he's been outed as anything nota leader but a folder? When the going gets tough Jimmy cowers. Still don't know how his team dragged him to the Super Bowl and a 10(?) point lead where he pulled a complete choke job in the 4th qtr and also wet himself. Now it all makes sense. He has no heart and no courage. Yeah it's a tough sport but I don't want to hear "you go try and be a qb and see how tough you are". Nonsense.

I saw the MB and JE11 stuff. This guy is the biggest puh$$y since Tony Eason. Even EASON was slighty tougher than JG. You hear that Jimmy, Eason > you. I just wanted to call him out and also give props to Jacoby Brissett.
JG, YOU SUCK! All he was worried about is his future payday so his agent could have been a big part of his decision to sit out. I will always root against him. He pulled a complete Tony Eason in his last playoff game.
Who's is going to want to trade for him now that he's been outed as anything nota leader but a folder? When the going gets tough Jimmy cowers. Still don't know how his team dragged him to the Super Bowl and a 10(?) point lead where he pulled a complete choke job in the 4th qtr and also wet himself. Now it all makes sense. He has no heart and no courage. Yeah it's a tough sport but I don't want to hear "you go try and be a qb and see how tough you are". Nonsense.
I don't think Garoppolo's decision was about his toughness. It was about maximizing his value.

I don't think Garoppolo's decision was about his toughness. It was about maximizing his value.

Agreed, they were always going to move JG. The idea that they were going to trade Brady to keep him was something that only existed in the minds of some fans.

I do think his toughness and general upside is what is driving San Fran away from him, but that's a different situation from his time here.

Yeah, I mentioned that as a possibility in my post (quote below). It's like college players sitting out bowl games to prepare for the draft. This will impact his future earnings, I believe. And yes, I believe he's a cowardly lion. We'll follow his toughness for the rest of his career.

"All he was worried about is his future payday so his agent could have been a big part of his decision to sit out. "

Yeah, I mentioned that as a possibility in my post (quote below). It's like college players sitting out bowl games to prepare for the draft. This will impact his future earnings, I believe. And yes, I believe he's a cowardly lion. We'll follow his toughness for the rest of his career.

"All he was worried about is his future payday so his agent could have been a big part of his decision to sit out. "
Iirc his agent is don yee, same as Brady... Makes sense that yee told him 1 he's not replacing Brady and 2 if he gets a chance make the most of it 3 if he gets banged up while getting said chance don't do anything stupid that might aggravate the injury and put a kink in any potential trade...

Think he knew he was headed out the door, and was protecting himself... Why show loyalty to a team that's not going to pay him / keep him around and all that jazz...

still, he would have been better than newton...

But then we wouldn't have had the opportunity to get Mac unless we made some expensive draft moves to get a higher pick in the first round... He would have cost at the very least multiple day 2/3 picks or a first, based on the 49ers asking price

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back