PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JE11 on Garoppolo

LOL at all you guys calling him names and trying to shame him.

As a fan, I want all the players to play through injuries, and go for the wins. If they optimize their earnings over winning, I understand but am disappointed because I want the cheap dopamine hit of someone else achieving something that I can identify with, AKA being a sports fan.

If it were my son, and he's looking at a $100M payday, I tell him not to leave his frigging hotel room that day. In that case, it's just football, a kids game being played by adults as part of an entertainment industry.

linebackers are a dime a dozen

we've yet to see the difference between Jones and Mills but I suspect it is massive

Yeah, we have yet to see it...but I really liked Mills' college tape and thought he did well towards the end of the year last year....(also did well in the Pats game around week 5ish). Houston seems to be sold on him and will throw him out there this year.

Yet none of those 3 have medical degrees or viewed his mri. We all know how office rumors spread like wildfire, a lot of times w/o foundation or based on misinformation. Regardless, I find it odd that JE11 would come out and slam Jimmy, who in fact contributed that year to a SB winning season.

This will have zero effect on his trade value. Teams will look at his last 3 seasons, which are very good when he wasn't injured. It'd be funny if he gets traded to CAR to see Brady vs Garappolo twice a year.

If two QBs are putting up those numbers on the same team then I think most of the credit belongs to the skill position players. Deebo is incredible after the catch and Kittle is as well.

If two QBs are putting up those numbers on the same team then I think most of the credit belongs to the skill position players. Deebo is incredible after the catch and Kittle is as well.
And the Shanahan schemes help as well.

I would love to know what Bob Kraft thinks of Jimmy G these days.

linebackers are a dime a dozen

we've yet to see the difference between Jones and Mills but I suspect it is massive
Mills is either good or really atrocious. His floor is a lot lower than Mac’s imo and we saw it last season.

I'm not sure why you're white knighting for JAG on this issue, but the point isn't that he was injured and missed the game, though that might have been bad enough (some players may think it was). The point is that he waited until the last minute to bow out, and put the guy without a functioning thumb into an untenable position, while screwing over his teammate*.

*We are assuming the story is true, or mostly true, for the purposes of this discussion
Of course we don't know what's true. For all we know JG aggravated it at some point or he was indeed protecting his future. In any case I'm on his side. The NYFL (including the Pats) would discard him in a second if he was damaged beyond repair.

To Goody & the 32, aka the NFL, the players are merely meat, and in this case are directly responsible for the Pats having to use JG in the first place. If you want to blame anyone you can start there.

If it were my son, and he's looking at a $100M payday, I tell him not to leave his frigging hotel room that day. In that case, it's just football, a kids game being played by adults as part of an entertainment industry.

Agreed. But the issue the players brought up was that JG practiced all week and backed out on the weekend of the game. I expect your son would not have practiced all week indicating he was going to play on game day, and then stay in the hotel on game day.

We all understand why you and other Buccaneers faithful desperately want Garoppolo condemned for all eternity as "soft." Although, anyone who has followed his post-Patriots career knows the player's toughness and resilience are beyond question.
Anyone who OBJECTIVELY has followed the player has major questions about his toughness and resilience. Hell he missed more than half a season with an ankle injury. His team didn’t trade 3 1s to replace him because they love his toughness and resilience.

Of course we don't know what's true. For all we know JG aggravated it at some point or he was indeed protecting his future. In any case I'm on his side. The NYFL (including the Pats) would discard him in a second if he was damaged beyond repair.

I agree that JG might not want to play depending on the severity of the injury. But that was not the players complaint. They called JG a ***** because he practiced all week and then backed out on the weekend. They clearly state that JG did not aggravate the injury but backed out because his agent told him. You are making things up that the players clearly state is not the situation.

Anyone who OBJECTIVELY has followed the player has major questions about his toughness and resilience. Hell he missed more than half a season with an ankle injury. His team didn’t trade 3 1s to replace him because they love his toughness and resilience.
He would have lost the locker room if his teammates were questioning his toughness. Hasn’t happened.

He would have lost the locker room if his teammates were questioning his toughness. Hasn’t happened.
That’s a strawman. First you don’t know that he would “lose the locker room” and you don’t know whether he has or not.
We are finding out he lost the locker room in NE 6 years later, we didn’t know it then.
Why would players on his own team publicly question him when it’s in their own best interest to get the most for him in a trade?
We know with certainty he lost the coach and gm though.

I agree that JG might not want to play depending on the severity of the injury. But that was not the players complaint. They called JG a ***** because he practiced all week and then backed out on the weekend. They clearly state that JG did not aggravate the injury but backed out because his agent told him. You are making things up that the players clearly state is not the situation.
How would the players know that he didn't aggravate his shoulder? Did the players perform an MRI right before he backed out?

How would they know his agent told him not to play. Did he send them a PM or post it on instagram?

This is 100% conjecture from emotional players.

That’s a strawman. First you don’t know that he would “lose the locker room” and you don’t know whether he has or not.
We would know. 49ers aren't the Patriots that have to take an oath to be part of their secret society. See Deebo.
We are finding out he lost the locker room in NE 6 years later, we didn’t know it then.
He never had the locker room, it was Brady's.
Why would players on his own team publicly question him when it’s in their own best interest to get the most for him in a trade?
Lol, that's not how it works. Plenty of players question their teammates.
We know with certainty he lost the coach and gm though.
Apparently.

We would know. 49ers aren't the Patriots that have to take an oath to be part of their secret society. See Deebo.

He never had the locker room, it was Brady's.

Lol, that's not how it works. Plenty of players question their teammates.

Apparently.
Players do not call teammates who are being traded away soft. Never. Why? Because they would be shooting them selves in the foot by hurting the value of an asset their team is trying to deal.
It would be ludicrous for any player on that team in 2020 to not doubt his toughness and ability to play through injury, whether they like him or not. Shanahan likes him and gave up a kings ransom to please not be stuck with Jimmy as his qb.

How would the players know that he didn't aggravate his shoulder? Did the players perform an MRI right before he backed out?

How would they know his agent told him not to play. Did he send them a PM or post it on instagram?

This is 100% conjecture from emotional players.

Yes it could be conjecture from the players or maybe JG told one of the players who told the others. We know 2 things 1) the players believe it so they are pissed and 2) posters on PatsFans know a lot less than the players in the locker room.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back