PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jayden Daniels - "intent" on playing for Patriots?

Please god, just give me Daniels or Maye. (Even Penix is tolerable)

I can't take JJ MAC 2.0 Arthy or any of these Bo Nix or Spencer Rattler bums.

"Daniels is rumored to be intent on playing for New England after Daniels’ meetings with Washington didn’t go as smoothly."

I was unable to find any corroborating evidence that "Daniels' meetings with Washington didn't go smoothly".

I am now firmly in the camp of "April 25 cannot get here soon enough".
Edit to add to the above: I sort of found something.

Apparently Evan Silva from EstablishTheRun made the comment above in a mock draft of his.

But then Daniels made a comment that didn't come right out and deny it, but seemed to possibly imply it was not accurate.

Let the Silly Season carry on.

He's going to bust, and he'll bust harder if he ends up playing in a northern climate.

His hands are bigger than Maye's....something we need for playing in Foxboro, The Meadowlands, and Orchard Park....

Edit to add to the above: I sort of found something.

Apparently Evan Silva from EstablishTheRun made the comment above in a mock draft of his.

But then Daniels made a comment that didn't come right out and deny it, but seemed to possibly imply it was not accurate.

Let the Silly Season carry on.

All of that was in the opening post haha, although I neglected to link to the mock draft, I just quoted a section of it and who wrote it.

If he wants to come here that would be nice to feel wanted.

Saw this on Reddit earlier. In Evan Silva's latest mock draft, he posted a snippet that claims Daniels is "intent" on playing for NE:

3. Patriots – LSU QB Jayden Daniels

2023’s Heisman winner, Daniels led the nation in both yards per pass attempt (11.7) and yards per rushing attempt (8.4). 31-year-old fifth-team journeyman Jacoby Brissett would be New England’s starter if the season began today. Daniels is rumored to be intent on playing for New England after Daniels’ meetings with Washington didn’t go as smoothly.

Then after this went out, it was picked up by the usual folks on Twitter, including Savage who re-packages stuff like this. Interestingly, Daniels responded to this tweet and didn't exactly refute it:

What do you all make of this? It could be nothing, but Jayden's response has me curious.

No No No GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

If he wants to come here that would be nice to feel wanted.
Curious, if the story is true, what didn't go well in meetings. Did Daniels just like Mayo a lot more than Dan Quinn? Does he have concerns about a Kliff Kingsbury offense?

He's going to bust, and he'll bust harder if he ends up playing in a northern climate.
Why do you say that? Just curious. I’ve seen him play lots. I think the kid has moxy

I'm curious why the meeting with Washington didn't go so well.. maybe they asked one of those inappropriate (Jeff Ireland/Dez Bryant) questions.... I know Snyder is gone but it is the Commanders still.......

I really don’t get it with McCarthy. Kid was on no one’s first round projection until his coach - who stands to gain the most if JJ goes in the top 4 - started yapping about him.

If Harbaugh believed what he said, he’d trade Herbert and grab the kid.

I just don’t see it with JJ.

That said, Wolf reportedly loves him and he knows more than I do.
McCarthy is a projection, but his upside is high. I think scouts didn’t realize just how athletic he is and then were blown away by his arm strength at his pro day.

Seen a lot of people trying to compare him to Mac. There is no comparison. Mccarthy’s tools blow Mac out of the water.

I’m down with either. They both bring something different to the position. Seems like they are both good leaders.

Based on what I'm read, I'm convinced. I can't wait until we land Maye, Daniels, McCarthy, Harrison, Alt and then trade the pic to get another receiver and tackle, all of the third pick. Duck boats!

Seriously though, I think I would be most excited about Daniel's out of the three. He feels like the surest thing to actually be good.

Man Daniels is so damn slight but I love every thing else about him. I think the first few monster hits he takes he’ll be missing games. Maye is enticing as hell. He has essentially everything you’d want in an NFL ready QB, but playing against Chico State and Dingusville Tech it’s a steep as hell learning curve coming into next season and I wouldn’t start him next year period

McCarthy played in an NFL style offense, played angry, played with a chip on his shoulder and seemingly wanted to win. But nobody had him sniffing the top half of the goes round until recently, so there’s pluses and minuses for them all.

Why do you say that? Just curious. I’ve seen him play lots. I think the kid has moxy
I've said it before, but ok, he doesn't have a very strong arm, and to me, a lot of the plays that were highlight reel stuff in college will be turnovers in the NFL. And then there's the whole running QBs that are skinny thing.

Edit: Oh, and I don't expect his arm strength will play well in a game in Foxboro in December.

I really don’t get it with McCarthy. Kid was on no one’s first round projection until his coach - who stands to gain the most if JJ goes in the top 4 - started yapping about him they started looking closely at the film and the combine as teams are wont to do after the season and leading up to the draft.

FTFY.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back