PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jayden Daniels - "intent" on playing for Patriots?

Could Minnesota be close to a deal with the Commanders? I'd much rather see them working with New England on a trade-down.
It makes little sense for the Commanders to trade down.

They'll listen. The offer should be something like 11, 23, their top 4th, and a 1st and 3rd next year. Still, I would think that the answer would be "no".

I’m pretty concerned about him now. The reports that he bombed the meeting with Washington that hasn’t had yet is very worrisome.
He should cancel the meeting and thereby change the future!

I mean, every team wants a QB with that kind of anticipation, don't you think?

All of these guys have been picked apart like crazy at this point. It’s the natural human thing to do after building them up for months to years.

Bottom line is all four guys have the talent to be stars, and potential weaknesses that could make them busts. That applies to every prospect of all time.

I’m on board with any of the trio of Maye, Daniels and McCarthy. All three would be among the most physically gifted and talented QB prospects the Pats have ever had.

He has Bust written all over him.
Bust with a capital B is unreasonably harsh. By all accounts he is an intelligent person who is a disciplined hard worker and a leader in the locker room. Clearly his physical stature and concerns about his arm strength give plenty of doubt about his potential to be franchise NFL QB so I am not sure he is the right QB for the Pats. I don't see any way that he is a Zack Wilson type of bust.

Last edited:
Bust with a capital B is unreasonably harsh. By all accounts he is an intelligent person who is a disciplined hard worker and a leader in the locker room. Clearly his physical stature and concerns about his arm strength give plenty of doubt about his potential to be franchise NFL QB so I am not sure he is the right QB for the Pats. I don't see any way that he is a Zack Wilson type of bust.
BUST

Next

Redskins might be the most sorry franchise over the last 30 years or so. I get it

You guys realize that teams meet with prospects multiple times right? At the Combine, at their Pro Day, 30 meeting, Zoom, even more? Daniels is meeting with Washington again next week, yes, but he's obviously already met with them at least once previously - likely more than once.

You guys realize that teams meet with prospects multiple times right? At the combine, at their Pro Day, 30 meeting, Zoom, even more? Daniels is meeting with Washington again next week, yes, but he's obviously already met with them at least once previously - likely more than once.
Good point.

If schefter is right, and he usually is, he's already tipped the pick ... Daniels to Washington...

We need to start listening to trade offers for the three spot... Love to get the two picks and next year's first from the vikings right about now

If schefter is right, and he usually is, he's already tipped the pick ... Daniels to Washington...

We need to start listening to trade offers for the three spot... Love to get the two picks and next year's first from the vikings right about now
If he's right we get Maye, who is a perfect for the AVP offense. We don't have a QB, why would we trade down to teams needing a QB?

The 40th best prospect in 2024 is currently equal to the 10th rated prospect in 2025. A 2025 first, in a very weak draft, from a potential playoff team is not a valuable pick, at all.
Then this year we drop out of the top 10, miss out on the elite prospects just to add a late 1st this year, where the prospect hit rate is lower than the top 5.

Where are you getting a QB? Not in 2025 unless you finish in last place as there is only 1 QB worthy of top 5 and he will go #1 overall and is currently rated below Maye and Daniels and has a father that says he will pull an Eli Manning and not play for a cold weather team.

Then you are onto 2026 where you are so desperate to find the guy you trade 3 firsts, or more, for him and hope he is not a bust?
Or just pick one now when you are in position to.

I would need 4 firsts and 4 seconds to trade this pick. And if I believe the guy there is a potential top 5 NFL QB I may not trade it for that.

Just draft the highly rated QB prospect and hope he works out. It's the NFL, you must have the QB and if you don't have one and are in position to take one you have to do it.

If he's right we get Maye, who is a perfect for the AVP offense. We don't have a QB, why would we trade down to teams needing a QB?

The 40th best prospect in 2024 is currently equal to the 10th rated prospect in 2025. A 2025 first, in a very weak draft, from a potential playoff team is not a valuable pick, at all.
Then this year we drop out of the top 10, miss out on the elite prospects just to add a late 1st this year, where the prospect hit rate is lower than the top 5.

Where are you getting a QB? Not in 2025 unless you finish in last place as there is only 1 QB worthy of top 5 and he will go #1 overall and is currently rated below Maye and Daniels and has a father that says he will pull an Eli Manning and not play for a cold weather team.

Then you are onto 2026 where you are so desperate to find the guy you trade 3 firsts, or more, for him and hope he is not a bust?
Or just pick one now when you are in position to.

I would need 4 firsts and 4 seconds to trade this pick. And if I believe the guy there is a potential top 5 NFL QB I may not trade it for that.

Just draft the highly rated QB prospect and hope he works out. It's the NFL, you must have the QB and if you don't have one and are in position to take one you have to do it.
First of all, how many offenses has AVP actually run? The answer is none. So how can you state Maye is perfect for it?

If you trade back, brisket runs the offense under center. That will most likely result in picking first next year. You use the picks garnered from trading back to fill in other holes. And if the guy you want isn't there, you do it all over again in 2025.

You think this is going to be an easy rebuild? One year and we leap right back into contention? That rarely happens. Welcome to the early and late 80's Patriots football...

And what you need, and what the other teams will realistically give up are two wildly different teams.

He seems pretty damn confident about it.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back