PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jason King Files Injury Grievance Against Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we should start releasing the healthy players and putting the injured ones on IR instead of the other way around.

Just another case of greed

Go Pats

Go Pats

It could be greed but this is actually a fairly common practice. Perhaps that was in the past, but it was widely reported by injured players back in the day. Players have been conditioned to hide injuries and teams will pressure players to practice before cutting them. Those two factors have left a lot of injured players without a team then passed by as new rookies enter talent pool.

Benson in New Orleans was one of the worst.

Go Pats

I don't know about you, but if I lost a job earning 300K+....I'd most certainly file an injury grievance REGARDLESS. It is like how I jump into a lot of class action suits (e.g. AT&T for data surcharges) even if I wasn't much of a victim...it is SOMETHING for NOTHING. Can't pass that up..

I try not to pass judgement on individual people who are involved in contentious situations that I don't know a lot about.

The greed is on the owners

FWIW I assumed the opposite just because the action was being taken by the player rather than the team, not because of some bias thing.

I don't know about you, but if I lost a job earning 300K+....I'd most certainly file an injury grievance REGARDLESS. It is like how I jump into a lot of class action suits (e.g. AT&T for data surcharges) even if I wasn't much of a victim...it is SOMETHING for NOTHING. Can't pass that up..
I want to file a grievance against Kraft for

...never mind.

Common practice or greed?? Probably more the former as 363k in the world of the NFL is chump change... this is posturing as they negotiate some sort of settlement which will undoubtedly be <363K they are asking for..

Gets injured on the job. Seeks compensation. Annnnnd here come the billionaire enablers to carry water for the richers and call the player looking for a relative pittance a greedy a-hole.
When you don’t have any facts- blame the richest person.

Common practice or greed?? Probably more the former as 363k in the world of the NFL is chump change... this is posturing as they negotiate some sort of settlement which will undoubtedly be <363K they are asking for..

Given that this is the third grievance that we know of filed against the Patriots this year (and the fourth they've played some role in, see Darboh) and the players have gotten a nice settlement with each one, seems pretty clear the answer is common practice.

When you don’t have any facts- blame the richest person.
I try not to take any side regardless of wealth. Let the law prevail. But there is a natural tendency to root for the underdog

Given that this is the third grievance that we know of filed against the Patriots this year (and the fourth they've played some role in, see Darboh) and the players have gotten a nice settlement with each one, seems pretty clear the answer is common practice.

None of the players including Darboh have received a settlement.

I try not to take any side regardless of wealth. Let the law prevail. But there is a natural tendency to root for the underdog

It’s easy to root for the underdog, especially considering that nobody has ever become a billionaire by being a perfect little saint

I’m sure Kraft has snapped a few necks and cashed a few checks in his day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back