PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jarrett Stidham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does he have a choice? Nope.
My guess is we pay Cam to stay so Stidham will flourish elsewhere is it is destined to be.
Worked for Jimmy G

May need another year. Don't understand why people are so down on him.
Brian Hoyer beat him out, and Brian Hoyer isn’t that good.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: jah
I am VERY disappointed in Stidham after being sold on him as Brady's heir apparent. He has the physical tools and intellect to be a high-caliber starter but appears to lack that killer competitive instinct that drove the young Tom Brady. Seems to me he didn't grab the reins with both hands this spring/summer -- his "vacation" trip to Texas waving a red flag to BB, who promptly signed Newton. Jarrett needs to show more in the desire department.

by whom?

Sure, many here thought that Stidham was the heir apparent BECAUSE Belichick hadn't signed anyone yet.
BB had signed Hoyer; it's feasible to reason he was prepared to enter the season with those two pending how Stidham stepped up. I was sold on him by his solid showing last preseason combined with the many reports of how he was conducting himself and performing in practice, embellished by wishful thinking on my part that he knew what was necessary to capitalize on the opportunity. He didn't seize the moment (Texas trip) then did himself no favors by missing precious time in camp with an injury that might've been preventable. Hence, my disappointment.

Last edited:
BB had signed Hoyer; it's feasible to reason he was prepared to enter the season with those two pending how Stidham stepped up. I was sold on him by his solid showing last preseason combined with the many reports of how he was conducting himself and performing in practice, embellished by a little wishful thinking on my part that he knew what was necessary to capitalize on the opportunity. He didn't seize the moment (Texas trip) then did himself no favors by missing precious time in camp with an injury that might've been preventable. Hence, my disappointment.

Also 7 INTs in his first 47 throws when training camp started. Bad camp then got hurt.

Also 7 INTs in his first 47 throws when training camp started. Bad camp then got hurt.
Yeah, camp stats like that look bad on the surface but should be taken with a grain of salt depending on throwing situations, some of which are designed for "forcing" the ball. None of the three ever really lit it up, reportedly. The bottom line for Stidham is he's dug himself a hole, we'll see if he can climb out of it.

What was reported was that he was leading the competition in camp then he got hurt then and threw all the INTs

What was reported was that he was leading the competition in camp then he got hurt then and threw all the INTs

I never ever heard he was ever leading the competition. Never ever once actual camp started

• Agree
Reactions: jah
I never ever heard he was ever leading the competition. Never ever once actual camp started
I heard reports that he outperformed both Newton and Hoyer the first couple days or so.

How was he not benched?

Hoyer took his place as backup QB and would have played if Cam had to come out of the Miami game. Stid did not even dress = Benched = zero chance of playing Sunday.
Because as the emergency break glass QB Hoyer makes infinitely more sense. He has a ton of experience, Stidham has virtually none.

Because as the emergency break glass QB Hoyer makes infinitely more sense. He has a ton of experience, Stidham has virtually none.
Thank you for clearing that up Captain Obvious

Thank you for clearing that up Captain Obvious
It is fine to say he was beaten out for the starting qb job. He was. Saying he was beaten out by Hoyer isn't very accurate, but that is what some here are saying. Hoyer makes much more sense as a back up qb. Throwing a 2nd year qb with basically no in game experience into the middle of a game with no preparation time certainly seems like a recipe for disaster to me.

Unless you are Tom Brady of course.

It is fine to say he was beaten out for the starting qb job. He was. Saying he was beaten out by Hoyer isn't very accurate, but that is what some here are saying. Hoyer makes much more sense as a back up qb. Throwing a 2nd year qb with basically no in game experience into the middle of a game with no preparation time certainly seems like a recipe for disaster to me.
2nd year man Tom Brady was Bledsoes backup. Brady was dressed the day Bledsoe was injured vs the Jets.

2nd year Stidham was in street clothes chowing down on hot wings last Sunday.

2nd year man Tom Brady was Bledsoes backup. Brady was dressed the day Bledsoe was injured vs the Jets.

2nd year Stidham was in street clothes chowing down on hot wings last Sunday.
There were no reports Sunday on what Stidham was wearing or eating, just that he was inactive.

More importantly, which budget-priced reclamation QB will BB be signing next summer?
Sixteen carry/game Cam will not get a long term contract of any worth from the penny wise HC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing