PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jamie Collins 4 years $50m ($26m GTD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They give HT 5/63 27 gtd and i am happy. We need re-sign Ryan and/or Harmon. And if Sheard is gone we need to spend our first pick on ED. And the second pick on LB.

Vastly overpaid for a guy who did not do a lot in Cleveland, and was run out of the Pats Organization for freelancing..

These types of decisions will keep Cleveland at the bottom for a couple of more years..

Congrats to Jamie.

Bad teams have to overpay (look at Jacksonville), but as @Miguel had posted about earlier, it shouldn't **** up the market for High. And I expect Jamie to put up solid numbers in Cleveland, where the freelancing won't matter as much because the rest of the D is so atrocious it will rely on some big unexpected plays.

I guess the question is do you think he would have made more if he made it to free agency? My guess is no, and so I think he did well for himself without compromising our chances with Hightower so whatever, we're onto the Super Bowl.

Hightower will simply need to make a decision: Does he want to make a little more money playing for a joke of an organization, or stay with the class of the league for a little less....

It depends on how "little" less it may be.

I've started looking back at games from the start of the season recently and the one thing about Collins that really jumps out, because it's so far removed from what our D does now, is that he was trying to hit ball carriers instead of tackling them. He wasn't wrapping up a lot of the time and was just shoulder charging them, probably trying to knock the ball loose? He wasn't the only one doing that, but he was by far the most frequent offender.

If you're not going to the playoffs ever again, you may as well get paid for it.

HT tackle of Beast Mode in SB49 allowed the Butler miracle to happen. Pay the man.

I've started looking back at games from the start of the season recently and the one thing about Collins that really jumps out, because it's so far removed from what our D does now, is that he was trying to hit ball carriers instead of tackling them. He wasn't wrapping up a lot of the time and was just shoulder charging them, probably trying to knock the ball loose? He wasn't the only one doing that, but he was by far the most frequent offender.

I agree. He caught Bigbangclockitis. He wasnt squaring up and tacking the ballcarriers. He was taking bad angles and firing glancing blows.

Unlike Merriweather he has the elite talent to do it with more frequency of success.

Getting paid is better than going to the Super Bowl :p

the patriots traded him away for a compensatory third rounder.

The patriots DIDNT WANT HIM.

I'd rather he makes a kings ransom on a ****ty team then takes a team friendly deal to play on a contender not named the patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes