PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James White is really good

Status
Not open for further replies.
White is also really good navigating running lanes in the open field. He always seems to find a lane on screen passes. It just seems like an inate skill, funding the room, setting up the blocks etc.
plus he does a great job of staying north and south in open space.

White is going to block like a TE?

Don't try to be snide AJ of course I know James White is not a TE or blocks like one. But even James Devin in a Full House set have more worth than that Dwyane Allen right now.

White's improvement, especially in the running game, is remarkable. He is a different player than the guy we drafted. I had doubts at the beginning, but no more.

It's one of the many reasons to trust this organization that they know what they are doing. I had my doubts aboutWhite as well, in large part because I didn't see the burst you need from a RB, and he's pretty much blown that idea out of the water. He's the perfect example of the guy who learns his jobs to the fullest, and exploits that when he gets the chance.

I get why people have concerns about defensive talent and offensive injuries, but imo people really need to trust the abilities of this organization, as they have been getting it done in every way for almost two decades. They aren't infallible but they are really really good, and they showed that once again against the Saints, lacking their WR's they go to screens and reverses and a FB heavy offense. Romo was right about them going to the 2001 model offense, and that's one of the reasons they are so good. We'll see if they can add another ring this season, but as an organization they have nothing to prove to me, they are as good as it gets.

From here on out, he needs to average 7 catches a game to crush that record.
If he remains healthy, I could see him pulling in upwards of 75-80 rec. With Edelman out for the year and the receiving core currently decimated, he will receive a lot of targets and catch a lot of them.

He's smart, and he seems like a decent person. He has worked on his strength and burst as a runner, and is now a balanced run/pass threat. We're lucky to have him. I think of him as Shane Vereen with balls.

I've been watching football since the 80s. I have never seen a player make a bigger leap than White did from 2015 to 2016. Massive improvement. I know it's not saying much, but he might be the best RB on this team.

Don't try to be snide AJ of course I know James White is not a TE or blocks like one. But even James Devin in a Full House set have more worth than that Dwyane Allen right now.
You are wrong. Allens role is to block. Clearly you dislike allen for some reason but his blocking is very good. Everyone can't be fantasy stars.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's smart, and he seems like a decent person. He has worked on his strength and burst as a runner, and is now a balanced run/pass threat. We're lucky to have him. I think of him as Shane Vereen with balls.

I don't get the Shane Vereen with balls reference. Vereen had 11 catches against the Hawks and that was a way better defense.

What I love about white is that he was inactive in the 15 Super Bowl and now he has been our most consistent offensive player outside of Brady.

Vereen was great and he was very important to us, I would say that white is better after the catch which is more important for our offense now.

Dwayne Allen is disappointing, had high hopes for him, here hoping he improves because Gronk is banged up and we really need a solid TE.
Maybe there's more to him, but so far he is only being used to block and doesn't look bad in that capacity. Let's see if his role expands in the coming weeks before writing him off.

Should've paid Marty :(

They tried to, as is the case in so many players he overestimated his value.. believe the Pats offered 2 years with 14 million guaranteed which he rejected, wound up with Green Bay who guaranteed about 6.3 million for 3 years..

Back to the topic at hand, James White is a great football player and in this system he excels..

They tried to, as is the case in so many players he overestimated his value.. believe the Pats offered 2 years with 14 million guaranteed which he rejected, wound up with Green Bay who guaranteed about 6.3 million for 3 years..

Back to the topic at hand, James White is a great football player and in this system he excels..

Good riddance to that vainglorious loudmouth.

• Winner
Reactions: TBR
Good riddance to that vainglorious loudmouth.

I like Martellus Bennett, great personality and he is doing a good job of preparing for life after football... his children's books and company, Imagination Agency, are interesting..

He, as do all of us, has a right to his opinions..

As mentioned James White is a great football player who fits real well into this system..

Many on here didn't have him on the roster in 2015. Damn has he come a ways.

I liked him more than Lewis then and I like him more than Lewis now

I don't know why we are so quick to say our new WRs and TEs are not good enough. Consider the number of option routes the Patriots tend to use. Consider how the Patriots use the Erhardt-Perkins offensive system, while most of the league is using entirely different play calling schemes. Give Allen, Dorsett, and Cooks some time.

Dorsett has been with the team what 2 weeks? And he is on pace for 544 yards which would be the most of his career.:)

White is also really good navigating running lanes in the open field. He always seems to find a lane on screen passes. It just seems like an inate skill, funding the room, setting up the blocks etc.
plus he does a great job of staying north and south in open space.

and he's durable........something this team really needs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back