PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James White is really good

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's odd that anyone would be disappointed with White's production in the NFL.

If you were disappointed or concerned by where he was drafted, ok that one thing.

But let's look at White's career.

2014 - He was a rookie who barely saw the field. If you were calling for him to be cut then I don't understand. Even guys like Vereen and Ridely did very little their rookie year.

2015 - White had an underrated and underappreciated second half of the year when injuries piled up. He quietly had something like 7 TDs in the second half of the year.

2016 - More than adequate production as the 3rd down back with Blount as the lead back. Was no question ahead of Dion Lewis. Monster Super Bowl only helped his stock.

It's tough to sum up, but the great characteristic of White is his ability to read his blocks and 'lean' the right way to scoot by defenders.

That's "SB record holder" Jame White to you.

I'll go as far as to say that he's the best pass catching back in the NFL. And his improvement in running the ball through contact is amazing.
I'll go as far as to say that he's the best pass catching back Brady has thrown to. And his improvement running the ball through contact is amazing.

Further proof fans should pump the release him after a season or two train.

Some players take time to develop. Your flaws stand out at the elite level and honestly, these young guys can talk as much smack about being the best, I want to be the greatest etc. but it takes time and effort to build the self confidence to believe you actually belong at the top level.

Team record for receptions from a back are 76 and 684yrds by Tony collins back in 94.

I think both are attainable records for white if he continues to progress and continue his great bond with Brady.

Further proof fans should pump the release him after a season or two train.

Some players take time to develop. Your flaws stand out at the elite level and honestly, these young guys can talk as much smack about being the best, I want to be the greatest etc. but it takes time and effort to build the self confidence to believe you actually belong at the top level.
It's tough for them because once in a while there are Crable or Dobson types that "justify the dump him cheers".

You are right of course. Overall, we fans are pretty crazy to pretend we can outsmart BB. He's got this.

Love Dion Lewis and didn't think he could be replaced by White. Wrong again when it comes to this team regarding their decisions.

White is solid and steady and improves in all area's of his game. Not ready to annoint him better than Faulk as a pass catcher. Then Again, he has his whole career ahead of him to provd otherwise. Will enjoy watching him grow.

Still, I'm glad Dion is on this team as he also brings special elements to this team and can return kicks if need be. A good dilemna to have so to speak. Gilleslee and Burkhead are pretty cool too.

Haven't been this happy with the running game since Corey Dillon was ruling the trenches.

It's tough for them because once in a while there are Crable or Dobson types that "justify the dump him cheers".

You are right of course. Overall, we fans are pretty crazy to pretend we can outsmart BB. He's got this.
It's not isolated to the US, it's a worldwide phenomena. Once in a while, you have a draft pick who comes in and sets the world on fire. The rookie seasons of a Gronk, an OBJ etc. set unrealistic standards people begin to expect from rookies. Here in Australia, in the AFL, kids are 18-19 when drafted and people expect physically immature guys to simply slot in and compete with season veterans from day 1 because every few seasons their team trumps out a physical freak who makes the transition from juniors to seniors look oh so easy. For the majority, it's nonsensical.

It's not isolated to the US, it's a worldwide phenomena. Once in a while, you have a draft pick who comes in and sets the world on fire. The rookie seasons of a Gronk, an OBJ etc. set unrealistic standards people begin to expect from rookies. Here in Australia, in the AFL, kids are 18-19 when drafted and people expect physically immature guys to simply slot in and compete with season veterans from day 1 because every few seasons their team trumps out a physical freak who makes the transition from juniors to seniors look oh so easy. For the majority, it's nonsensical.
OT - but I've always been curious as the sport is little known here in Canada / North America - what can stars of the AFL expect as yearly salaries ?

OT - but I've always been curious as the sport is little known here in Canada / North America - what can stars of the AFL expect as yearly salaries ?
Salary cap right now is a touch over $10 million sliding to $13.5 million by 2022. That means the average salary is will rise from a touch over $300K to a little under $400k over the medium term. I can't recall if the cap is just for the 40 man roster or if it includes rookies (similar to PS). One caveat is there's significant discrepancy between the top earners (pulling in well over 1 million per, and rookies who are paid around the $70K base rate plus match payments).

He will forever be a hero in my eyes. His performance in SB 51 will never be forgotten. Broke several records. Belichick definitely has an eye for finding these kind of guys, but White has elevated himself to the elite pass catching back category.

James White has glue for hands too Best hands on Team Allen should be fazed out of the Offense and give White those snaps he's just too effective to be on the Bench. White is a Playmaker and the D respects him.
White is going to block like a TE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back