PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James White is really good

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean.... I'm taking it for granted that Lewis is pretty much gone after this season - not because he isn't wanted here, but because several teams have already expressed interest in trading for him. It's guaranteed he'll get offers in the offseason, for a starting role.

I just hope he can leave here with another ring....as for his explosiveness, his quickness is still pretty good as far as I can tell. I can't tell if he's a step slower or not, but he has an amazing knack for picking up extra yardage when needed.

James White has become the more complete player. I honestly did not expect him to make such a leap. But damn.... homeboy did it and proved me wrong :D
You think so? The guy suffered an ACL tear, has durability problems and hasn't looked the same since his return. If he doesn't regain that explosiveness or flash it again this season, he's not going to be getting a starting role anywhere.

You think so? The guy suffered an ACL tear, has durability problems and hasn't looked the same since his return. If he doesn't regain that explosiveness or flash it again this season, he's not going to be getting a starting role anywhere.
'
Not sure where you see the lack of explosiveness.....he's still pretty good. And trade rumors suggest he'll probably get more money playing for another team looking for a 3rd down, multipurpose back (Philly, perhaps?)

'
Not sure where you see the lack of explosiveness.....he's still pretty good. And trade rumors suggest he'll probably get more money playing for another team looking for a 3rd down, multipurpose back (Philly, perhaps?)

I injured my knee thirty years ago. After a couple of years, I was "fully recovered" and almost pain free. Now , thirty years on, I still don't trust that knee like I do the other. Favoring it is kinda hardwired into my reflex arc or something.

I think I see a little of that in Lewis. He's lost just that insane blink-and-you-miss-it burst. Will he get it all back? Probably. I'm sure he's tougher than some old English teacher.

Probably not so undone by niggling details as you are.

Sorry, but the truth is more than "niggling details." You're actually just wrong. Vereen had his highest receiving yards and receiving TDs in his first year with the Giants. The next year, he had his best YPC before going on IR. Giants fans are generally happy with his performance, when healthy.

If you can't even own up to your inaccuracy, then I don't know what to say to you.

He is a barely-adequate possession receiver: that I grant. He is a very limited RB who was showing no sign of improving in his areas of weakness. Whenever a tackler entered his personal safe space he shape-shifted into a fainting goat and simple fell over. I'd call that "soft."

Perhaps you could clarify the relevance to my critique whether they ditched him via trade or FA.

You have been exhausted by too many pissing contests, perhaps, and are become a mere dribbler. Condolences.

I wonder what you call dragging a tackler an extra ten yards on this run. It must have been a minor miracle for such a "fainting goat" to somehow find the fortitude:

Shane Vereen rushes for 25 yards

You could have just said mea culpa, and left it at that. But, as I've long suspected, you're nothing more than a gadfly. Welcome to ignore.

Last edited:
I wonder what you call dragging a tackler an extra ten yards on this run. It must have been a minor miracle for such a "fainting goat" to somehow find the fortitude:

You could have just said mea culpa, and left it at that. But, as I've long suspected, you're nothing more than a gadfly. Welcome to ignore.

Happy to be compared to Socrates. Ignore whom you wish.

Many on here didn't have him on the roster in 2015. Damn has he come a ways.
Can we just have a thread of people posting their terrible roster takes from previous years? I know I bought into the Zach Sudfeld hype a few years ago

Yes, he's an insufferable crybaby narcissistic loudmouth. There is indeed a great deal of demand for that sort of person in contemporary media. He might well be the next Oprah.
Say what you will about his personality, but give the guy props for a productive season in NE when the team needed him to step up after Gronk went down. Marty also played through a lot of injuries and toughed it out.

Say what you will about his personality, but give the guy props for a productive season in NE when the team needed him to step up after Gronk went down. Marty also played through a lot of injuries and toughed it out.

Agreed. I don't know what the hell all that was about - calling someone who played hard through an injury a "crybaby"???..... Bennett is the last person whose manhood we should question. He didn't complain. He just did his job and played with toughness. Disagree with him all you want. But we should respect the man.

Yes, he's good football player. So was Aaron Hernandez. Mussolini made the trains run on time. Black Chyna has an exquisite color sense. What's your point? There is no necessary connection between football skill and worthiness of respect or admiration. Indeed, the relationship between the two is increasingly an inverse one. Let's grow up, shall we?

Last edited:

Don't put him on ignore, just don't respond to him. He can be entertaining at times, but more importantly, you don't want to miss when @Tony2046 has enough and absolutely roasts him in the most hysterical way. Two of the funniest posts I've ever seen on this board fell into that category.

Don't put him on ignore, just don't respond to him. He can be entertaining at times, but more importantly, you don't want to miss when @Tony2046 has enough and absolutely roasts him in the most hysterical way. Two of the funniest posts I've ever seen on this board fell into that category.

I usually pay little attention to Thelonious the Erronious's posts because although he has the wonderful ability to create some of the most beautifully constructed paragraphs I've ever seen he also has a knack for being a mile off target. The analogy of "a million dollar arm and a ten cent head" comes to mind.

I injured my knee thirty years ago. After a couple of years, I was "fully recovered" and almost pain free. Now , thirty years on, I still don't trust that knee like I do the other. Favoring it is kinda hardwired into my reflex arc or something.

I think I see a little of that in Lewis. He's lost just that insane blink-and-you-miss-it burst. Will he get it all back? Probably. I'm sure he's tougher than some old English teacher.

Hard to quantify a 'due to injury he just isn't the same', however, my visual observation is: For the first half of Lewis' first year with the Patriots he was a friggin human highlight reel. That was a kind of elusive and explosive productivity that we haven't seen much of in the BB era.
Since the injury he has not been a human highlight reel. What conclusion can be drawn from that is left to the beholder.

When we saw Kevin Faulk at work we did not see much of the human highlight reel level. But KF was a BB guy - VERY solid and consistent production. IMHO we are seeing White coming into that same status, very solid consistency. BB seems to, eventually, always favor less the eye popping X+1 playmaker in favor of the X-1 who gives that level week in and week out. Based on this, likely to no one's surprise, White has a solid chance to be the KF of this era while Lewis will be a series of jaw dropping highlights from Patriots' seasons past who now wears a different uni.

Yes, he's good football player. So was Aaron Hernandez. Mussolini made the trains run on time. Black Chyna has an exquisite color sense. What's your point? There is no necessary connection between football skill and worthiness of respect or admiration. Indeed, the relationship between the two is increasingly an inverse one. Let's grow up, shall we?

That is the most thorough and beautifully written application for the ignore list ever. Thanks for making the job so easy..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes