PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James White is a legend

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we have James White for one more year he was red-shirted the SB year when Shane Vereen was our star at the position. I know Dion Lewis signed a two year extension my question is Lewis on the books in 2018 or is this upcoming 2017 season his last year on the books??

You're right! Time sure does fly.

Vrab's you know the answer to my Dion Lewis??

I honestly think he would have been MVP if he had managed to get some garbage rushing yard. Maybe 50 rushing yards? Or maybe he would have needed to push it to 70

Cherry-picking here but including playoffs, the NEP are 7-8 when TB12 has 54 or more attempts in a game.

While the record isn't spectacular, I bet its outstanding compared to every other QB/team in NFL history.

I thought that they mentioned that Tom's record in the play-offs when throwing more than 50 times is the other way?

I think we have James White for one more year he was red-shirted the SB year when Shane Vereen was our star at the position. I know Dion Lewis signed a two year extension my question is Lewis on the books in 2018 or is this upcoming 2017 season his last year on the books??

Both White and Lewis are set to be Free Agents after the 2017 season.

I thought that they mentioned that Tom's record in the play-offs when throwing more than 50 times is the other way?

Postseason hes is 5-2 when throwing 50 or more times.

Hes 13-7 in reg season with the same criteria.

If I see one more "James White's knee was down" post or picture on social media, my head is gonna explode. Can someone please start sharing a pic of the angle that shows he was clearly in so we can shur these losers up?

If I see one more "James White's knee was down" post or picture on social media, my head is gonna explode. Can someone please start sharing a pic of the angle that shows he was clearly in so we can shur these losers up?

When they show that, tell them to look at where the ball it.. It was CLEARLY over the line in every replay angle.

Both White and Lewis are set to be Free Agents after the 2017 season.

I'd chose White in a heartbeat.

Lewis early last season was simply electric ... but

IMO, White is a better receiving back, better pass protector, has better ball security, and, thus far, is way more durable.

Oh, he's also pretty good in clutch situations. ;)

Man, seeing some highlights again, White seriously balled the f*** out. I've never seen him play with such intensity as far as I can recall. He was totally beasting it.

I think Lewis will be better next year (guys often need a season to really get most of their athleticism back after an ACL injury) but if White can build off this game and take that performance level into next season, it'll really evolve the offense even further.

Vereen had an excellent Super Bowl performance two years ago, but he's got nothing on White's performance in this one.

white has been their best back all year.

When they show that, tell them to look at where the ball it.. It was CLEARLY over the line in every replay angle.
Yeah, really. I wonder if some of these goobers don't realize that any part of the ball only has to get as far as the field-side edge of the goalline for a TD to be scored and that it doesn't have to cross "the line".

Last edited:
Yeah, really. I wonder if some of these goobers don't realize that the any part of the ball only has to get as far as the field-side edge of the goalline for a TD to be scored and that it doesn't have to cross "the line".
Some people seem to think that they have to get it fully across the goal line and into the actual end zone... That's of course never been the case - getting a quarter-inch of the tip of the football over the white flecks of paint on the field side edge of the goal line is always a touchdown - and anyone who argues otherwise most likely does not watch very much football and should be disregarded.

Seriously - I had a guy trying to argue with me about the tuck rule a couple hours before the game, then after the game argued that the refs somehow got the overtime rules wrong. "Since when does a touchdown win the game?" Uh, since always? It was at that time that I knew he was a total dumbass and pure hater.

As a major proponent of James White for the past two seasons, I couldn't be more proud of this kid. People have been bagging on him all the way up until this very game.

He was one of the very few guys holding our offense together at the end of 2015. Yes he is not a very good runner but he has shown his value in other ways. I thought his emergence in 2015 was huge when Lewis went down.

That's why it was shocking to me when there was more than just a little buzz with pundits and posters here saying he could be on the bubble for a roster spot or that DJ Foster was going to jump him on the depth chart.

And of course they were wrong. He was reliable all season and I think was at least top 3 in receptions for a RB league wide.

He has received very little credit, and when he does get it it seems reluctant. I am not surprised he had a big game, though I am a little awed by just how high of a level he played.

He has a future here. I love the kid, so happy for him.

As a major proponent of James White for the past two seasons, I couldn't be more proud of this kid. People have been bagging on him all the way up until this very game.

He was one of the very few guys holding our offense together at the end of 2015. Yes he is not a very good runner but he has shown his value in other ways. I thought his emergence in 2015 was huge when Lewis went down.

That's why it was shocking to me when there was more than just a little buzz with pundits and posters here saying he could be on the bubble for a roster spot or that DJ Foster was going to jump him on the depth chart.

And of course they were wrong. He was reliable all season and I think was at least top 3 in receptions for a RB league wide.

He has received very little credit, and when he does get it it seems reluctant. I am not surprised he had a big game, though I am a little awed by just how high of a level he played.

He has a future here. I love the kid, so happy for him.
Good point on the reliability. Has he ever been injured at all? He's pretty rock solid which is an asset at his position.

Interested to see what his ceiling is, he has improved each year so far and showed more ability to run the ball, as well as doing much better in YAC this year. The game winning TD run he had a good yard and a half after contact it seemed.

Strange to see Lewis fall off in the AFCC/ SB as well after such a great game against Houston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back