PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James White is a legend

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should just give him, Malcom Butler & Deion Branch their Patriots HOF jackets right before they hang up the LI banner on opening night. No need for any voting formality or anything. Superbowl Legends of the very highest tier.

Incredible. I was a critic of his, I really liked Dion better but man am I glad to be proven wrong. He looks more comfortable running the ball, is pass protecting well and has such solid hands it's really a treat. He is Shane Vereen squared.

White was just amazing. He should have been MVP or co-MVP. It's amazing he set the record for Super Bowl receptions. The party I was at had people going "Who?" "James who?". Amazing to think he beat Deion Branch's and Shane Vereen's record for catches in the SB.

I had to check my memory on this, but it's true -- in 2014 I actually mocked James White to the Patriots in the 4th round. I'm pretty sure I was the only one:
The 2014 Mock draft Thread.

Then, of course, I ruined it all by being unimpressed by his rookie year and abandoning my binky. Oopsy-daisy. :oops: Anyway...I've been so impressed by how hard White has worked at his game. He entered the league as a terrific pass catcher but not much else. He'll never be super elusive, but he's become a much stronger runner and an absolute standout in pass protection. A reliable pass-catching RB who can pick up the blitz (*cough* Devonta Freeman) is invaluable in this league.

I was bagging on him for going down at first contact, but damn was he awesome. Should have been MVP.

Maybe, but they asked Brady to throw the ball 63 times! There is a weird stat that shows that most times a QB is asked to pass over 50 times a game, it is almost always associated with a loss. Not so with Brady who, when the ENTIRE game is on his shoulders, he comes through.

Brady agrees- gave him the truck ala Malcolm

Maybe, but they asked Brady to throw the ball 63 times! There is a weird stat that shows that most times a QB is asked to pass over 50 times a game, it is almost always associated with a loss. Not so with Brady who, when the ENTIRE game is on his shoulders, he comes through.

Cherry-picking here but including playoffs, the NEP are 7-8 when TB12 has 54 or more attempts in a game.

While the record isn't spectacular, I bet its outstanding compared to every other QB/team in NFL history.

White actually was unimpressive early IMO, but he absolutely flipped the "beast mode" switch once things started going sideways. It was apparent as the deficit got to its largest that White and Amendola were the two linchpins holding the offense together. Soon Edelman, Bennett and Hogan came back to the pack, allowing White and Amendola to become the daggers.

I had to check my memory on this, but it's true -- in 2014 I actually mocked James White to the Patriots in the 4th round. I'm pretty sure I was the only one:
The 2014 Mock draft Thread.

Then, of course, I ruined it all by being unimpressed by his rookie year and abandoning my binky. Oopsy-daisy. :oops: Anyway...I've been so impressed by how hard White has worked at his game. He entered the league as a terrific pass catcher but not much else. He'll never be super elusive, but he's become a much stronger runner and an absolute standout in pass protection. A reliable pass-catching RB who can pick up the blitz (*cough* Devonta Freeman) is invaluable in this league.

And that's why we like reading your final mocks Patchick. You always seem to hit on 2 or 3 every draft.

I can see why some are picking White as their mvp, record 20 points by a positional player, 14 receptions, 100+ yards.

But how do you go against 466 yards, 161 in the 4th by the general? He throws an interception or fumbles the snap and its all on TB12. He had to me masterful and he was, no room for error down 28-3. He blows it and some would consider him a goat of a different kind pointing to the pick 6.

Brady is the clear cut MVP in my book. Thank god White was there to make it happen.

guy had 3 TDs, yet its barely mentioned

I saw James White do this live in the AFCCG last year. That's why I never understood the hate he gets. He's a phenomenal player. Best hands at his position. We still have him for 2 more years and he's a crazy hard worker (according to BB and TB, but hey what do they know?).

too many people get a woody when they see the dynamic open field plays by dion lewis

the problem with lewis is that a 90lb girl can extend her arm and clothesline the dude

I really thought Dion Lewis was on another level but James White has elevated his game and McDaniels seems to prefer him in passing situations on 3rd Downs. We have the position pretty much covered and knowing how important it is to our Offense its good to have two capable guys. But we have three in White - Lewis and DJ Foster.:cool:

That's why I never understood the hate he gets

Because White isn't ever gonna rush for 100 in a game or be a 1000 yard rusher. They want a 1000 yard rusher/1000 yard receiver type back (e.g Bell and Johnson)

I saw James White do this live in the AFCCG last year. That's why I never understood the hate he gets. He's a phenomenal player. Best hands at his position. We still have him for 2 more years and he's a crazy hard worker (according to BB and TB, but hey what do they know?).

I think we have James White for one more year he was red-shirted the SB year when Shane Vereen was our star at the position. I know Dion Lewis signed a two year extension my question is Lewis on the books in 2018 or is this upcoming 2017 season his last year on the books??

It's amazing he set the record for Super Bowl receptions

Set the record for most points scored by a player too, 20. Record was 18, which was shared by Jerry Rice, Roger Craig, Ricky Watters and Terrell Davis

Because White isn't ever gonna rush for 100 in a game or be a 1000 yard rusher. They want a 1000 yard rusher/1000 yard receiver type back (e.g Bell and Johnson)

Devonta Freeman don't forget him I love them kinda RB's.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back