Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How motivational is Jameis Winston's Speech?? Are you all fired up??

• Total voters
Honestly, he looks like he's cookin' or somethin'. The look in'is eyes before he starts munchin' on'is fingers is intensely disturbing ~ he looks like he is sky high. :eek:

And considering what followed...would you bet otherwise?
spock.gif

Last edited:
A couple'f side thoughts occur to me...

01 ~ The Ray Lewis kind of "Leadership" is vastly overrated. Men who've got the chops to advance to the highest level of competition ~ and men and women in general ~ don't need some jamoke shouting at them and "motivating" them. The only real motivation is self motivation. If the satisfaction of doing a job well doesn't inspire me, some donkey yelling rah rah at me isn't gonna make any lasting difference. Real Leadership is Communication, as should be evident to anyone who's followed Mad Bill.

02 ~ It's easy to imagine that all QuarterBacks are naturally given to Leadership ~ to communicating the Game Plan and reinforcing their availability for questions and direction and such ~ but'f course most'f'm just become QuarterBacks because'f their Arms. Contextually, that makes it a bit unfair on Winston and others.

If Winston had read TFB's book he would've realized that W's cause severe inflammation.

I’m just talking about his corny as hell “inspirational” pre-game speeches, which we saw some prime examples of here, in college, and during the airing of Hard Knocks.

He was the best choice at QB that draft and he has some good raw talent, but I think he needs to work on his maturity and football intelligence. One good example of not having good on the field IQ is the fact that he threw the ball short of the end zone during the last ditch heave in the Pats game. There have been numerous other examples.

It’s good to see him coming around with some improved leadership like you said, (sans this specific speech, I guess), but he’s still got a long way to go in my opinion.
His pregame stuff is no worse than ray Lewis and Lewis is applauded for it.
Neither mean much of anything

I'm game because it's about honor, it's about respect. And after I win I will honored... my kids will be honored.
Are you wearing a white suit?

I thought he just had some good fried chicken or something. finger licking good

I think he chews on suppositories before the game.

Whats the excuse for him being nothing but a bust so far?

WR’s? Check.
TE? Check.
Running game? Check.
O-line? I really dont know the pieces but its not like he is being killed every game so I take this for an average NFL line.

This is the first I've heard of Winston being "nothing but a bust."

A couple'f side thoughts occur to me...

01 ~ The Ray Lewis kind of "Leadership" is vastly overrated. Men who've got the chops to advance to the highest level of competition ~ and men and women in general ~ don't need some jamoke shouting at them and "motivating" them. The only real motivation is self motivation. If the satisfaction of doing a job well doesn't inspire me, some donkey yelling rah rah at me isn't gonna make any lasting difference. Real Leadership is Communication, as should be evident to anyone who's followed Mad Bill.

02 ~ It's easy to imagine that all QuarterBacks are naturally given to Leadership ~ to communicating the Game Plan and reinforcing their availability for questions and direction and such ~ but'f course most'f'm just become QuarterBacks because'f their Arms. Contextually, that makes it a bit unfair on Winston and others.

I remember as a kid, I read a biography on Bart Star and one passage always stuck me. He mentioned that when a linemen missed an assignment and let up a sack, he would not yell or scream at him but rather just look at the player.

Bart Star mentioned that a leader does not need to yell but rather can do so just with a glance.

This is the first I've heard of Winston being "nothing but a bust."

Not a bust yet but very inconsistent. He has the talent and has beaten top line defenses but throws up stinkers the next week. But I don't watch him every week so tough to tell.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back