PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jalen Ramsey

The post Brady era is absolutely no different than the pre-Brady era. The first thing BB and Pioli did when they arrived in New England was change the way the team did business. They spread the wealth across the entire 53 man roster and stopped with a few bloated deals at the top of the team and meager spending at the middle and bottom. This is why Brady has six rings on his fingers from New England as much as him taking less money from 2014 on.

They're not going to trade major assets for a player who wants a new deal, who wants to be the highest paid player in the league at his respective position. If he were a free agent possibly they would pay him a massive deal (see Gilmore), but they won't pay twice by trading for him and shouldn't. It's what dumb teams do.

They got Randy Moss for a 4th round pick and his guaranteed money was mostly paid off... that's the type of trade you should be looking for. DeAndre Hopkins would be a reasonable modern day equivalent if the Cards would move him for a reasonable pick, they already paid off most of his guaranteed money. So now the team that acquires him is only paying his salary, and it wouldn't be an expensive cap hit if he fell off and they had to cut him outright.

The reason the Rams are screwed is they ran up their cap debt and traded away all their draft assets. The Pats at the end of Brady's run ran up cap debt, but they hoarded their picks and traded out for down the road. It was smart, they're not going to start doing dumb things now.
I agree with everything you've stated as it's true.. however I have to push back and say no... the post brady era is very different!!! We all can see that.. last season was a testament to that!!

We're not winning or in AFCC games right now, players aren't looking at us as a destination to win.. during the brady era he was the main attraction... you have to look at the outside perception from free agents. I'm not saying BB is going to change drastically, but RK signs the checks he's cerebral enough to know the current state of his team. That's all im saying..

I agree with everything you've stated as it's true.. however I have to push back and say no... the post brady era is very different!!! We all can see that.. last season was a testament to that!!

We're not winning or in AFCC games right now, players aren't looking at us as a destination to win.. during the brady era he was the main attraction... you have to look at the outside perception from free agents. I'm not saying BB is going to change drastically, but RK signs the checks he's cerebral enough to know the current state of his team. That's all im saying..
If Billy O'Brien does his job, if they have a great offseason, if the young talent they already have develops... they can be as good as they want to be.

I saw the Bills fold in the playoffs, I'm not scared of them in the least.

If Billy O'Brien does his job, if they have a great offseason, if the young talent they already have develops... they can be as good as they want to be.

I saw the Bills fold in the playoffs, I'm not scared of them in the least.
Absolutely agree with that.. I was never questioning the business acumen of BB and the team.. I was simply relating it to exactly what you stated the talent and the off-season.

I feel Mac is going to suprise alot of people and he will be in the conversation.. the kid was ambushed last season and haters can kick him while he's down.. BOB I have faith and believe in.. he's an innovative offense mind and can motivate and challenge players..

Getting some game changers to go with the current roster and now we have something!! The bills are only going to go as far as Allen can take them.. he does it with his physical gifts brady did it with hard work, precision passing, leadership and being a humble superstar...

It's probably worth going for a deep run, given that even a mediocre offense gets us into the playoffs and possibly winning a game or two. I feel like BoB can get us there.

Is Jalen Ramsey the guy to hitch our wagon too? I honestly couldn't say, and it depends a great deal on the cost, but he's one of the better options out there, to be sure.

It's probably worth going for a deep run, given that even a mediocre offense gets us into the playoffs and possibly winning a game or two. I feel like BoB can get us there.

Is Jalen Ramsey the guy to hitch our wagon too? I honestly couldn't say, and it depends a great deal on the cost, but he's one of the better options out there, to be sure.
At some point the team knows they will have to spend a little more than they would like to acquire more talent. Ramsey is a guy that's still an elite CB, still can play at a high level and would be best CB on our roster.. I feel he can be obtained for a high 2nd.. the rams would have to agree to assume some of his contract.

He would be the peice we need on defense.. the back half of the draft can be used to fill in the rest of the defense possibly..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230226_163418_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230226_163418_Samsung Internet.jpg
    382 KB · Views: 2
At some point the team knows they will have to spend a little more than they would like to acquire more talent. Ramsey is a guy that's still an elite CB, still can play at a high level and would be best CB on our roster.. I feel he can be obtained for a high 2nd.. the rams would have to agree to assume some of his contract.

He would be the peice we need on defense.. the back half of the draft can be used to fill in the rest of the defense possibly..

Go back and watch the Rams/Bengals SB. That's all you need to know about why Jalen Ramsey wouldn't be the improvement you are hoping he'd be.

Go back and watch the Rams/Bengals SB. That's all you need to know about why Jalen Ramsey wouldn't be the improvement you are hoping he'd be.
Watched it... Higgins pushed off and wasn't called... so did chase... those calls won't be called in the superbowl unfortunately... I have much more than a 1 game sample as to why I'd like to add an all-pro being used incorrectly in the wrong scheme fit in LA..

Here's what they think of Ramsey he's only a top 5 corner... go back and watch the Minnesota game and both bills games and that should allow you to rethink the CB position..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230226_163418_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230226_163418_Samsung Internet.jpg
    382 KB · Views: 4
Watched it... Higgins pushed off and wasn't called... so did chase... those calls won't be called in the superbowl unfortunately... I have much more than a 1 game sample as to why I'd like to add an all-pro being used incorrectly in the wrong scheme fit in LA..

Here's what they think of Ramsey he's only a top 5 corner... go back and watch the Minnesota game and both bills games and that should allow you to rethink the CB position..
An article last week noted that Ramsey’s PFF grade is being inflated due to his run defense and pass rush grades. That’s fine, because run defense is somewhat important for CBs too, but he was not a top 5 cover guy last season, and that what we really care about at CB.

Rams are trying to clear cap, no way they’ll eat some of his contract without getting a treasure trove of picks to make it worth their while.

I figure best approach would be to negotiate an extension that makes it more affordable now, locks him up for years if he plays well and is reasonable to walk away from if/when he starts to decline.

Ramsey is a very good corner. He's also terribly overrated. I'd happily take him on the Pats, but probably not at the price it would require to acquire him and then keep him here long term.

Long in the tooth.

Pass

They're not going to trade major assets for a player who wants a new deal, who wants to be the highest paid player in the league at his respective position. If he were a free agent possibly they would pay him a massive deal (see Gilmore), but they won't pay twice by trading for him and shouldn't. It's what dumb teams do.

I think this is 100% right. It’s what’s going to stop them from going after Tee Higgins or Ramsey or any of the pipe dreams being floated around here.

They won’t pay twice.

They’ll trade for someone who won’t cost much this year and play them on that contract. If it works, they’ll then tag them or give them a deal before free agency.

An article last week noted that Ramsey’s PFF grade is being inflated due to his run defense and pass rush grades. That’s fine, because run defense is somewhat important for CBs too, but he was not a top 5 cover guy last season, and that what we really care about at CB.
In BBs defense not only should you be able to do your job you best be good in run support, wich is absolutely vital as teams knew they couldn't throw at law, revis or Gilmore so they ran and tried trick plays to get the coverage loosened up at times.

Assante Samuel wanted no parts of tackling or playing the run.. however your right the most important part is covering.. Ramsey didn't play inspired football last season in my opinion.

He just needs to be in the right scheme with a coach who's going to hold him accountable . He's got a good body of work playing more at the all pro level than not..

Ramsey is a very good corner. He's also terribly overrated. I'd happily take him on the Pats, but probably not at the price it would require to acquire him and then keep him here long term.
2nd rounder would probably get him...

Rams are trying to clear cap, no way they’ll eat some of his contract without getting a treasure trove of picks to make it worth their while.

I figure best approach would be to negotiate an extension that makes it more affordable now, locks him up for years if he plays well and is reasonable to walk away from if/when he starts to decline.
Rams made it public they are trading him that takes away a teams leverage.. rams have no draft capital they are looking to dump contracts.. they're going to have to play ball if they want to do that..

I don't know that's he's overrated.. the same things were said about revis when he went to Tampa, every scheme isn't a fit for guys.. Ramsey is a press man corner that's how he made his name, that's how he locks down WRs.. I'll say this regardless of how he got here if he were on this roster we got from great to elite on defense..

Rams made it public they are trading him that takes away a teams leverage.. rams have no draft capital they are looking to dump contracts.. they're going to have to play ball if they want to do that..
All they need is two teams interested in him and they’ve got some leverage back.

Rams have no leverage whatsoever, they paid Donald as well... every team knows they have no draft capital.

The more teams interested yeah as they should this is a great CB, contenders will be kicking the tires.. however as I've mentioned not evey teams defensive scheme is a fit.. if they are thinking Ramsey is going to play zone they're wasting thier time and money..

spend on and prioritize offense first. Time to get out of the stone ages on offense and give Mac every chance to show if he can be the man for this franchise. Ramsey would be great, but only after the team has the offense stocked.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back