PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jakobi Meyers a good bet to lead the team in targets, receptions, and yards

We're homies, so I guess we should think that Meyers is among the top 20 WR's in the league. I don't. And this is a passing league. We have uphill struggle to win as a running team in a passing league, especially with Meyers as our top WR
I think having both new TEs split those metrics will be the only reason he does.

We've seen it over and over again - even in-house with Coates - rookie and accuracy challenged QBs tend to get their production from their TEs due to catch radius, mismatches, "box out" technique, etc. Amongst the WRs - sure, he'll lead but across the entire offensive roster? I still think it ends up being the TE position for both overall talent and the reasons just stated.

I think having both new TEs split those metrics will be the only reason he does.

We've seen it over and over again - even in-house with Coates - rookie and accuracy challenged QBs tend to get their production from their TEs due to catch radius, mismatches, "box out" technique, etc. Amongst the WRs - sure, he'll lead but across the entire offensive roster? I still think it ends up being the TE position for both overall talent and the reasons just stated.

I think Meyers is still going to have a 1000 yard season but this is less certain with Mac as the starting QB. Mac seems much better at spreading the ball around and hitting the open guy, whereas with Cam, Meyers was basically his favorite target irrespective of the play. I think Mac starting means the target distribution, yards, and catches gets a little more evenly spread out than before amongst the WRs and TEs. The tight ends will likely get 100 catches collectively. Asiasi had some good connections with Mac. This is also a possible lifeline for draft-bust NKeal as Mac seemed to find ways to get that kid the ball. But Meyers is just too good, look at how the kid has been juking out good CBs, he's raised his game.

Meyers off to a hot start this game. 3 receptions in the first quarter alone. Kid is going to make the leap.

Also Mac has thrown to 5 different receivers already. Great sign.

As predicted Jacobi doing a great job leading the team in catches and receiving-yards and on-pace for a 1000 yard season. Mr Dependable along the lineage of Troy Brown, Welker, Edelman. He's not a classic slot guy but can do both. A bit like Branch. This dude has elite route running and hands/catching, not a great YAC guy but honestly who who cares seriously the least important factor. He's also probably on pace to be the best pass-throwing WR the Pats have ever had.

As predicted Jacobi doing a great job leading the team in catches and receiving-yards and on-pace for a 1000 yard season. Mr Dependable along the lineage of Troy Brown, Welker, Edelman. He's not a classic slot guy but can do both. A bit like Branch. This dude has elite route running and hands/catching, not a great YAC guy but honestly who who cares seriously the least important factor. He's also probably on pace to be the best pass-throwing WR the Pats have ever had.

He's arguably what Sanu was supposed to be, right down to the passing ability.

His throw was a dime!

He's arguably what Sanu was supposed to be, right down to the passing ability.

2019 was so bad. If I spend too much time thinking about it I honestly think Brady left bc they f'd up so bad on Sonnu and AB and NKeal Harry. Partly why they need to replace a oc who wrecked St Louis and Denver, and now NE...

Last edited:
Meyers gets no respect. Our own team tries to put him behind Harry etc every chance they get only for him to shine anyway.

Meyers gets no respect. Our own team tries to put him behind Harry etc every chance they get only for him to shine anyway.

Jacobi Meyers is great even if certain sheeple are status obsessed and try to defend 1st round pick NKeal Harry and/or keep calling Meyers a 3rd or 4th WR. Some people don't see objective production on the field and keep anchoring to draft status or organizational viewpoint. Jacobi is the best WR on the team.

Update through week5:

Jacobi Meyers' 31 receptions for 302 yards leads the team in targets, receptions, and yards. With better OLine blocking continued, Meyers production should continue to increase as Mac has more time in the pocket.

Horrible drop against the Texans. Could have been a TD. Let's hope it was a one off brain fart.

Yeah. He's usually very sure handed.

Also still waiting for Meyers to get his first TD catch, it's getting weird now with how simplistically bad and predictable the play calling gets in the red zone.

Horrible drop against the Texans. Could have been a TD. Let's hope it was a one off brain fart.

I believe that's all it was... His hands otherwise have been impeccable.

they f'd up so bad on Sonnu and AB

Ah yeah, really idiotic of Josh to draw up a gameplan that involved AB farting on a doctor, openly threatening a woman, and then quitting the NFL to go back to college.

Meyers has been VG. I think that as time passes, both Henry & Bourne will eat up some of his touches. As they get more accustomed, they’ll be targeted more frequently, imo.

Looks like he knew it could have been a TD too, because he was looking up field and halfway into his juke of the safety when the drop happened. I think he just got a little too excited on that one. Can't blame him, his role typically doesn't give him a ton of wide open deep looks like that.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back