PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jakobi Meyers a good bet to lead the team in targets, receptions, and yards

Jacobi had a nice 25 yard TD taken back by a holding call. One of these days....

Jacobi had a nice 25 yard TD taken back by a holding call. One of these days....

Yep...That TD could've put us up 21-7... But then Thanksdad Ferentz did what Thanksdad does: ****. Sh!t. Up.

That play and the sack/fumble caused by Cachoo's whiff immediately afterwards turned the game completely around.

Did you notice that Cachoo was punished for his mistake, but that Thanksdad wasn't punished for his?

Meritocracy my azz.

Last edited:
Yep...That TD could've put us up 21-7... But then Thanksdad Ferentz did what Thanksdad does: ****. Sh!t. Up.

That play and the sack/fumble caused by Cachoo's whiff immediately afterwards turned the game completely around.

Did you notice that Cachoo was punished for his mistake, but that Thanksdad wasn't punished for his?

Meritocracy my azz.

They could have slid Wynn to LG and kept Herron at LT.

45 catches for 427 yards through 8 games.

I'd like to see him bring that yards per catch average closer to the magic 10.

Agree. He was a 12 yards per catch guy for 2 seasons before this year so I suspect they changed his routes to accomodate other guys.

Meyers = Binky w/o YAC

18th in NFL in # of receptions....................83
33rd in total reception yards....................866
58th in YBC/R (yds before catch).................7.8
147th in YAC/R (yds after catch)..................2.7 (3.7 in 2020 w/ Cam at QB / 4.4 in 2019 w/ Brady)

Bourne
30th in YAC/R..........7.0

Agholor
137th in YAC/R.......3.2

As proficient as Jacobi is getting open and securing the ball, his inability to advance with the ball is surprising.
NE's 'move the chains' passing attack will hopefully evolve as Mac evolves. Right now, it is minor league.

Note:
Bolden #2 in NFL w/ YAC/R...........................10.1

Meyers = Binky w/o YAC

147th in YAC/R (yds after catch)..................2.7 (3.7 in 2020 w/ Cam at QB / 4.4 in 2019 w/ Brady)

Bourne

Agholor
137th in YAC/R.......3.2

As proficient as Jacobi is getting open and securing the ball, his inability to advance with the ball is surprising.
NE's 'move the chains' passing attack will hopefully evolve as Mac evolves. Right now, it is minor league.

Note:

Yeah. Great at getting open and catching. Not great at YAC. Which is why putting him at punt returner was puzzling. He's not Troy Brown. The best guys at YAC here are Jonnu Smith and Bourne, but Jonnu got 0 targets last game and 1 target the game prior, he's not even on the oc's mind.

Meyers = Binky w/o YAC

Bourne

Agholor
137th in YAC/R.......3.2

Note:

Agholor's ranking is the Real travesty.

Love Jakoby but looking at the stats Bourne way outperformed him and it's not close.

126 targets, 866 yds, 6.9 per target
70 targets, 800 yds, 11.4 per target

Again, love Jakoby, but that 6.9 per target is in line with the halfbacks.

I think it’s more about his role in the offense. Jules average 7.2 YPT over his career.

I’d like to see him do more after the catch, and maybe a few more TDs. but overall very solid year playing with his 3rd QB in three years. Willing blocker. Had some key ones down the stretch like the one that sprung Kendrick. Helps Mac set the protection and blocking at the line. (They’re constantly talking and signaling at line. More than any other player) I think they’re starting to find a better rhythm over the last 5 weeks.
4/ 50 Yards over first 11
6/ 79 yards over the last 5( not including Buffalo in Buffalo)

WR only rankings :
20th Targets in NFL
16 Receptions NFL
29th Yards NFL
10th 3rd Down conversions NFL
3rd contested Catches NFL
1st explosive plays on Pats
30th PFF Grade ( Kendrick 29th)
2.5% drop rate

Last edited:
Love Jakoby but looking at the stats Bourne way outperformed him and it's not close.

I still don't get why they refuse to get Bourne more involved in the offense. If you look at his targets per game, most games he is limited to 4 targets. A good week, he will get 5-6 targets. Bourne is the Pats' most dynamic receiver and he isn't getting the passes.

Hes heating up as the season winds down. 69 ypg over the last 5 , which is alot considering how much we run and spread it around when we do pass. Hopefully continues into the playoffs

Ave Depth of Target and Yards Ball Travelled Per Catch is pretty close.

That tells me they are running similar routes and have similar roles in the offense. There may be a few here and there that are unique to them. Not sure.

Bourne is just a better YAC guy (2.7 for Meyers and 7.0 for Bourne).

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back