PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jakobi Meyers a good bet to lead the team in targets, receptions, and yards

Ah yeah, really idiotic of Josh to draw up a gameplan that involved AB farting on a doctor, openly threatening a woman, and then quitting the NFL to go back to college.

Yeah too bad that was only 1 of two dozen total catastrophic failures on the offensive side of the ball without the goat QB to bail everything out. Let's keep talking about the great job the offense has done, 31st in red zone offense this season, 31st in run offense, and a 11-16 record since Thanksgiving'19. The offense has averaged under 20 points per game going on 2.5 seasons now.

Looked like he was peeking before catching. Really awful drop considering the potential and degree of difficulty..

I think he has the record for most catches without a touchdown

I think he has the record for most catches without a touchdown

I was rooting for him to get in off that screen. Thing is Jacobi isn't great after the catch. He can get open and catch it (usually), not a great YAC guy like Jonnu is.

I was rooting for him to get in off that screen. Thing is Jacobi isn't great after the catch. He can get open and catch it (usually), not a great YAC guy like Jonnu is.

He’s actually horrible after the catch

harry, Bourne, and agolor are also horrible after the catch. You know YAC ability is a very big deal. we have no one who can take one to the house in the open field. No speed burst, no tackle breaking ability, and no juking ability

oh I forgot jump ball Harry, whose softer than a bowl of marshmallow. mega bust

harry, Bourne, and agolor are also horrible after the catch. You know YAC ability is a very big deal. we have no one who can take one to the house in the open field. No speed burst, no tackle breaking ability, and no juking ability

I would say Jonnu, but they have him basically as a glorified fullback right now and as an extra blocker.

we haven’t seen Jonnu display that great YAC yet . McDaniels play calling is horrific no downfield throws

we haven’t seen Jonnu display that great YAC yet .

I think Jonnu could be absolutely lethal on screens and also punish over-aggressive blitzing teams that pass-rush without playing disciplined defense. But Bolden keeps getting 4 catches a game for... a yard.

Last edited:
Time to bring up Ben Mason from practice squad. Good in short yardage situations. blocking and special teams. I had hoped Pats would get him. Kid grew up near the stadium. Has to be a better option than Bolden

Looks like he knew it could have been a TD too, because he was looking up field and halfway into his juke of the safety when the drop happened. I think he just got a little too excited on that one. Can't blame him, his role typically doesn't give him a ton of wide open deep looks like that.
That was a perfect call by Josh.

Time to bring up Ben Mason from practice squad. Good in short yardage situations. blocking and special teams. I had hoped Pats would get him. Kid grew up near the stadium. Has to be a better option than Bolden

Completely agree. One of Jake Johnson/Brandon Bolden should be waivered-out to the PS and Mason signed to the 53... But neither Jake nor Brandon have fumbled yet, so...

Curious to me why Bolden catches 4 times a game. Is he the only pass blocking RB on the team, or is it like many other examples where the offensive staff has no clue about the skill sets of the players on the roster. Harris can't pass block?

Bourne has shown some YAC ability this season so far. Looked decent on a reverse to if i recall correctly.

Completely agree. One of Jake Johnson/Brandon Bolden should be waivered-out to the PS and Mason signed to the 53... But neither Jake nor Brandon have fumbled yet, so...

And Ben Mason has never played in an NFL game. You usually are advocating for signing veteran players to the end of the roster (which makes sense to me) and now you want to drop veteran players to bring in a rookie who has never played. Very confusing.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back