PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jakob Johnson to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its time to convert a Dlineman to FB. Winovich would be an excellent candidate. He is already on all the Special teams. The only drawback is that the Pats need him on defense too.

Brain Cowert might be another posibility, big strong fast, can't seem to make the gameday roster. Much bigger than Devlin or Winovich, but he could be a load.

Just can't catch a break here. Seems like we get 2-3 significant injuries per game.:(
It's also that these injuries keep happening to the same position. We have good players at RB, LB, and DB that are inactive because those positions have amazing depth, but we get multiple longterm injuries at FB, WR, and OL.

Looked in good shape when I saw him at last year’s draft night. Hell, I’ll play if need be.
Hell bring back chonk Kevin Faulk!

I am very sorry to hear this. Jakob was doing an admirable job.

I know this is Johnson's thread, but noticed that Izzo was sliding into the fullback position in the running game.

For all you haters Izzo did a good job opening holes in this position.

At this juncture any player who knows the offense is a tough loss.......

Insert expletive laden post expressing dismay and frustration here

It's crazy the amount of injuries the team gets during odd years. Either a coincidence or real curse.

Jason Vander Laan...we know he can run...he's been learning to block since he got in the NFL...

Height: 6-3
Weight: 245 lbs

At Ferris State, Vander Laan set the NCAA all-divisions record for career rushing yards by a quarterback with 5,953.[2] He also set the NCAA Division II record for rushing yards in a single season by a quarterback (1,607 in 2013).[3] Also, at Ferris State he won 2 Harlon Hill Trophies, which is awarded to the best player in all of NCAA Division II.[4]

New York Jets
Vander Laan was signed by the Jets as an undrafted free agent on May 5, 2016. With the Jets, he converted from a quarterback to a tight end.[1] He was released by the team on August 28, 2016.[5] He was re-signed to the practice squad on December 20, 2016.[6] He signed a reserve/future contract with the Jets on January 2, 2017.[7] He was waived by the Jets on September 3, 2017.[8]

New England Patriots
On September 25, 2019, Vander Laan signed with the New England Patriots practice squad.[17]

I am very sorry to hear this. Jakob was doing an admirable job.

I know this is Johnson's thread, but noticed that Izzo was sliding into the fullback position in the running game.

For all you haters Izzo did a good job opening holes in this position.

Simple solution. Move Rizzo to FB. Bring Watson back as a real TE
DW Toys

Thursday night games are a goddamn travesty

One TE who doubles as a FB. o_O

This can't be good. And it won't last for long.

Thursday night games are a goddamn travesty

Bad games, tired players, injuries, sloppy play, hardly any practice. Who benefits? Oh, wait . . .

Bad games, tired players, injuries, sloppy play, hardly any practice. Who benefits? Oh, wait . . .

I don't really believe that the NFL benefits that much from the Thursday games.. Especially when you consider the loss of talent that dilutes the product overall..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes