PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jakob Johnson to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point you've got to bring in a TE off someone's practice squad and hope for the best

At this point you've got to bring in a TE off someone's practice squad and hope for the best

Or just trade for OJ Howard or Dallas Goedert

Man, this sucks... I was really warming up to him

Jesus Henry Christ....

In week 2 @ Miami....we looked TOO DEEP on offense....since then we have lost:

AB - His own fault.
Develin - IR
Wynn - IR to return.
Gordon - That knee didn't look good to me....but fingers crossed.
D. Thomas - Traded away.
C. Meredith - Released...not healthy anyway.
LaCosse - Don't think that looked good either...

We shouldn't be seeing Olszewski and Meyers out there too much......

I don't really believe that the NFL benefits that much from the Thursday games.. Especially when you consider the loss of talent that dilutes the product overall..
They certainly do gain. They gain the revenue/advertising of another three-hour televised game, plus pre-game show and post-game show.
Three Sunday, one Monday - plus Thursday equals a max 25% revenue boost - presumably less than that, but probably significant.

One TE who doubles as a FB. o_O

This can't be good. And it won't last for long.
The TE becomes an H-back, which was common 30 years ago.

“IR” is turning into a football position for the Pats

Well that bites, in the goal line or short yardage offense they can use one of their reserve O-lineman at the FB spot. I just hope they don't keep dropping like flies at that position because they can't afford to lose another one.

Just when he was starting to get into a groove. Oh well. Try out time.

My stupid football question: Last year the Pats used Dwayne Allen as a blocking tight end. All he did was block. Maybe, a couple of catches for the year. Do the Pats currently use an OLineman as a tight end who only blocks, a la Allen? If they don't, why don't they?

Why do you believe that there is a patriot quality roster FB on the P[ractice Squad of another team?

There’s probably a halfway decent fullback on somebody’s practice squad that can be poached.

Why do you believe that there is a patriot quality roster FB on the P[ractice Squad of another team?

Because marginally athletic guys who can run a few yards and hit somebody are not super hard to find. Blocking fullbacks have little value because those skills aren’t rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes