PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jadeveon Clowney: "Take them [deep] plays away, kick return away, we beat them"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are defensive players always this bitter when it comes to Brady? It's almost as if they are trying to prove that Rodgers is better. Lol. I see the agents of the league getting their strings pulled, as usual.

PEDrl Thomas, the murderer, Malcolm-to-suck Jenkins, and now this clown-ey. Sheesh.

I don't recall the Giants drinking the soy sauce over Rodgers. Any of them could've came out and said, "man, if we didn't have Eli at QB... or Beckham at WR..."

Can't wait till we job to Pittsburgh (unless the league really wants Brady vs Rodgers over ratings favorite Steelers vs Cowboys). The haters will have a field day. Hopefully, Brady looks strong in his loss.

Clowney and Mercilus played tremendous games. If they'd have any help from their offense, and if their ST hadn't given up a TD, they might have pulled off the upset. That's got to be frustrating as hell for him. He'll learn from it.

In the meantime, we can bathe in the saltiness of his tears.

Ahahaha! Take away them three turnovers and a bone-headed penalty, and you score no points! The one thing I was sure of last night in a night of uncertain play, was as long as we pinned the Texans on their side of the field, they were not scoring any points.

Clowney and Mercilus played tremendous games. If they'd have any help from their offense, and if their ST hadn't given up a TD, they might have pulled off the upset. That's got to be frustrating as hell for him. He'll learn from it.

In the meantime, we can bathe in the saltiness of his tears.

Of course, their ST also created a turnover that led to their only touchdown. So if you take away special teams plays there's still an 18-pt gap to overcome.

If candy and nuts were ****s in butts, then a Snickers bar would be a rip roaring good time.

Of course, their ST also created a turnover that led to their only touchdown. So if you take away special teams plays there's still an 18-pt gap to overcome.

I hear you, PC, but I was talking about it from his perspective. He's not going to "what if" Lewis' fumble, and the Patriots wouldn't do that if the positions were reversed, either.

Typical loser talk. Make excuses. Try to rationalize the situation instead of looking at it for what it truly is.

Comments like these are amusing, but I don't take them to heart....often. That is how players think. In fact that is how coaches think. I recall a long time ago at a coaches clinic a guy gave a lecture pointing out that in almost every game there are 5 key plays that if you turn around you can reverse the outcome. And then he showed us a game that was something like 34-14 and pointed out 5 plays that actually WOULD have reversed the outcome. I never forgot it (though I have forgotten so much. ;) )

Clowney is a good player and obviously an emotional one. You have to be emotionally invested to play the game at that level. I understand (somewhat) his frustration and how he has to process the results. He needs to believe that they are close to winning games like that.

As for coaches, inherently, when we win, we tend to show our teams how they could have lost, and when we lose, we tend to show them how close they are to winning.

He's got a point you know...

If you take away 30 of the NFL teams and just left the Texans and, say, the Browns as the only teams in the NFL, Brock Osweiler might actually help to win the game. :rolleyes:

Jadeveon Clownshoes. :D

Comments like these are amusing, but I don't take them to heart....often. That is how players think. In fact that is how coaches think. I recall a long time ago at a coaches clinic a guy gave a lecture pointing out that in almost every game there are 5 key plays that if you turn around you can reverse the outcome. And then he showed us a game that was something like 34-14 and pointed out 5 plays that actually WOULD have reversed the outcome. I never forgot it (though I have forgotten so much. ;) )

Clowney is a good player and obviously an emotional one. You have to be emotionally invested to play the game at that level. I understand (somewhat) his frustration and how he has to process the results. He needs to believe that they are close to winning games like that.

As for coaches, inherently, when we win, we tend to show our teams how they could have lost, and when we lose, we tend to show them how close they are to winning.

Yeah, we all do what Clowney did, in one form or another. We just don't do it on national TV.

I see it as a guy who played his heart out and who was valiantly rallying the troops on the sideline being frustrated that Mercilus and he were the only ones putting it all on the line or able to overcome their counterparts. When you make the right line calls and get good penetration and Brady STILL manages to complete a long downfield pass, must drive him crazy.

I'd be happy to have him on the Patriots.

Really, why not just say, "Take away 19 points and we beat them by 1"?

At least that would be mathematically accurate. Why is is every player, commentator, media member and uneducated fan in the world think they can make an excuse every time the Patriots win. Don't you think they'd learn by now?

Really, why not just say, "Take away 19 points and we beat them by 1"?

At least that would be mathematically accurate. Why is is every player, commentator, media member and uneducated fan in the world think they can make an excuse every time the Patriots win. Don't you think they'd learn by now?

• Winners look for teachable moments
  • Losers look for reasons
  • Whiners look for excuses

It has ever been thus. The hard part for the outsider is that sometimes reasons and excuses sound like the same thing.

Hasn't this been going on since forever with the Patriots? I seem to recall a Steeler in 2002 training camp saying something like, "we were pretty much in the Super Bowl last year."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes