PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jadeveon Clowney: "Take them [deep] plays away, kick return away, we beat them"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul_Survivor88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
While Brady was only sacked twice, he was hit eight times. Jadeveon Clowney believes the Texans defense was able to rattle Brady.

“Oh yeah, he was rattled. We rattled him,” he said. “Like I said, we had him right where we wanted him on third down, getting third-and-long. He kept throwing the ball and getting deep catches. … Take them plays away, kick return away, we beat them.”

Really puts me in the mind of the Broncos saltiness and delusion after we beat them in the regular season ("We shut them down in the passing game. But how are we supposed to stop them if they just keep running the ball!" "Whenever you hold Tom Brady to 16 pts, you're supposed to win!" "Malcolm Butler didn't shut me down. My 7-year old son can play Cover-2"!)

Loved some of these responses on Twitter :D

What he is saying is that he blames his defensive backfield. HOU's front seven played well enough to win. Unfortunately, a team has many more units.

It's like clockwork . Every year. Every team they beat. If they did this. If they did that. Bla Bla.

Just waiting for the, "They ain't that good" or "We are absolutely the better team" comments

It absolutely kills, really KILLS players (and their synchophant fans bases) to lose to us.
Think of all the abject misery we have inflicted over the years, sorry I mean decades!
Does reveling in this make me a bad, bad person?

Note: this is a rhetorical question

Uhhh... okay, Clowney... So if we just take away half of the stuff the Patriots did in the entire game, they may have lost.

Yeah, that's real insightful, dude. Couldn't we take away their fumbles and INTs though, too? Then the score differential would have been even larger.

It goes both ways, dumbass. What he's really saying is "if our secondary and special teams and offense were good then we would've won - but my unit is good"

Yeh, take away our three turnover in our own territory and Rowe's bone head penalty, and we beat you by 30+ points.

While we are at it, take away Tyree's ridiculous "helmet catch" and we win SB 42.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News