PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jacoby Brissett: 2/3 for 51 Yards, 1 TD

He also saved the Colts 5 points (not that it matters) by diving on a loose ball (not Brissett's fault) in the end zone, takeing the safety instead of the defensive TD.

I would not be surprised if he is named the starter (assuming Luck's injury continues to keep him out)

I'm in the minority here and not meaning to sound like a **** or anything, but I'm not really rooting for the QB of the freaking Indy Colts, even if he is a nice kid.

I'm actually hoping that this trade doesn't come back to bite us in the ass.

I hope he has a great season and gets acquired by a non-****ty organization in the spring.
He won't be a free agent until March 2020.

I'm in the minority here and not meaning to sound like a **** or anything, but I'm not really rooting for the QB of the freaking Indy Colts, even if he is a nice kid.

I'm actually hoping that this trade doesn't come back to bite us in the ass.

Personally, the Colts just don't worry me anymore. The organization is incompetent from top to bottom. I'm not worried about the trade biting us in the ass because I just don't think they're capable of much.

This trade won 't come back anytime soon to "bite us in the ass". Why? Uh....Luck is just 27. Sliced any way you want, Jacoby sits when Luck is ready.

I don't know whether to feel good that he could be getting an opportunity to start or bad that it's this opportunity to start.

This. I wouldn't be happy being that teams QB due to not wanting to be in the hospital.

This trade won 't come back anytime soon to "bite us in the ass". Why? Uh....Luck is just 27. Sliced any way you want, Jacoby sits when Luck is ready.
Well, sure, but with his injury history him getting ready and staying ready isn't exactly a given these days.

There's also the possibility that Brissett could look good enough for them to flip into a higher round pick, while yet another underachieving WR with talent fails to pick up our playbook or makes an impact over here.

Their front 7 are a disaster and even the JEST could put up 20+ on them. In Indy.

I meant another team trades for him.
Yes, that could be a possibility if he is showcased over the next month and shows anything. We're all talking about how Garoppolo is the next sure thing, so we have to consider the fact that Brissett was a 3rd rounder who was hand-picked by Parcells. It's certainly possible that the Colts could flip him for a higher round pick or an impact player to improve the team.

He has to do well first, so we'll have to revisit the situation in a month or so.

Yes, that could be a possibility if he is showcased over the next month and shows anything. We're all talking about how Garoppolo is the next sure thing, so we have to consider the fact that Brissett was a 3rd rounder who was hand-picked by Parcells. It's certainly possible that the Colts could flip him for a higher round pick or an impact player to improve the team.

He has to do well first, so we'll have to revisit the situation in a month or so.

Nice post. It's rare praise when a guy like Parcells and Weiss say Jacoby has the same intangibles and character of a Bruschi/ TroyBrown/ McGinest. With Luck only 27 yrs old there's no future being QB in Indy. I hope he ends up showcasing his skills then eventually traded to a NFC team (so I can root for him from afar). Not easy what he did today; had the playbook for only one week and made a positive impact on limited time.

Nice post. It's rare praise when a guy like Parcells and Weiss say Jacoby has the same intangibles and character of a Bruschi/ TroyBrown/ McGinest. With Luck only 27 yrs old there's no future being QB in Indy. I hope he ends up showcasing his skills then eventually traded to a NFC team (so I can root for him from afar). Not easy what he did today; had the playbook for only one week and made a positive impact on limited time.
Yes, I initially laughed at the thought of Brissett actually doing anything for Indy, but I am more impressed now due to the reasons that you've mentioned. Even if they lose every game in the next month or so, it's at least possible that they may see the better side of the trade.

The good news is that I believe that Brissett may have ended up as a cut here, anyway, so anything we may get from it can be considered a bonus.

He won't be a free agent until March 2020.
I think the hope is the Jacoby Brissett does so well in the opportunities he receives that the Colts have an opportunity to flip him to some other organization. If an organization can potentially trade Jacoby Brissett for more value than they think they gave us, Not only would they do it but they might actually feel they got one up on us. If Jacoby Brissett is fortunate enough to wind up playing for a another organization next year that's why it would happen

I feel for Jacoby. Starting for a bad team is a very good way to end a possible NFL career. This team is a disaster.
It was also his best opportunity to start at all. No organization that was very much better than the Colts would have Jacoby Brissett in the conversation for their starting quarterback right now.

A hot mess is what you make of it. Brissett has a small chance to take this hot mess in the Colts organization and turn it into a career as a roving backup or potentially even a low tier starter. In Brissett place I would be grateful for that kind of opportunity. It could even be his big break.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back