PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It’s official Rogers traded to the Jets !

I think he's going to lead the Jets to the promise land and knock your boy Mahomes out in Conference Championship. :cool:

Rodgers is only 1 year removed from an MVP season. It would be a big mistake to assume that he is washed up. But like FLorio said yesterday in a PFT article, the Jets (and Pats) have to play the AFC West and NFC East this year and that's going to make for a tough schedule. The Jets may not even make the playoffs unless they win the division. I do think, however, that Rodgers is going to bounce back with all the weapons that he has.

644px-Milana_Vayntrub_2012.jpg

Ask and ye shall receive.
Rumor has it that it was the desire to see her wearing his XXXIX ring that motivated Putin to reconstitute the Russian Empire.

Rodgers is only 1 year removed from an MVP season. It would be a big mistake to assume that he is washed up. But like FLorio said yesterday in a PFT article, the Jets (and Pats) have to play the AFC West and NFC East this year and that's going to make for a tough schedule. The Jets may not even make the playoffs unless they win the division. I do think, however, that Rodgers is going to bounce back with all the weapons that he has.
Totally agree I have to day Jets fans are sleeping a lot easier knowing they have Rodgers battling for them with that tough schedule.

Unfortunately for AR, those weapons don't mean squat playing behind the Jete OL. Mike White got a set of broken ribs playing behind those dudes. AR will be hitting 40 and can't move worth squat. He's gonna be dead meat back there.

Totally agree I have to day Jets fans are sleeping a lot easier knowing they have Rodgers battling for them with that tough schedule.

Of course. Because we all care about Jete fans sleeping a lot easier. :rolleyes:

Such a strange season that year. Didn't really lose any notable contributors and ended up adding Deion Branch and Christina Fauria. I was at that Chiefs shootout early in the year where Priest Holmes ran all over us but we ended up winning. Ended up being a sign of things to come as we seemed to get gashed on the ground every week. Leaving that Super Bowl hangover season never in a million years would I have believed what was about to come.
Like you, they hated their coach!

Unfortunately for AR, those weapons don't mean squat playing behind the Jete OL. Mike White got a set of broken ribs playing behind those dudes. AR will be hitting 40 and can't move worth squat. He's gonna be dead meat back there.

Becton's injury was a huge loss, but they'll have him back as well as Tucker who is a good prospect. Plus they have the 15th pick in this year's draft to get someone. I think their line will be ok.

Of course. Because we all care about Jete fans sleeping a lot easier. :rolleyes:
Tunescribe you remind of that X that just won't go away shoo fly!
Go Away Rage GIF by hero0fwar

Becton's injury was a huge loss, but they'll have him back as well as Tucker who is a good prospect. Plus they have the 15th pick in this year's draft to get someone. I think their line will be ok.
They spent some good Draft capital on their OL recently good catch.

Becton sucks. He's got a bad injury history and struggles to control his weight. Da Jete aren't picking up his 5th year option, that's how much they think of him. Rodgers is gonna be 40 years old. Da Jete suck at developing prospects, that's why they had to give up so many assets to get a 40 year old QB that was on his way out of the league. I think Rodgers will end up on IR before the end of the season.

They spent some good Draft capital on their OL recently good catch.

Can you imagine the kinds of roster they'd have right now if they DIDN't draft Zach Wilson in 2021 and took Pitts, Chase, Waddle, etc. instead?

It's too bad you are not as optimistic for the Patriots as you are for the Jets. It really seems like strange behavior as a Patriots fan to always see the Patriots moves or outlook with the mindset of "something will go wrong" or "we are doomed". But on the flipside the Jets make a move that could go either way and you (and others) see it as an instant success. I'm not sure what people enjoy about being so negative? Is it to protect yourself against a season where the Patriots don't make the playoffs? I'm not convinced the Patriots are definitely a playoff team, but I don't see why so many people are so down on them either. They will have a great defense again and with better "O" coaching they should see better production on that side of the ball. I am excited for the upcoming season. They will be in almost every game again like last year, but hopefully finish the deal a few more times and make the playoffs.

But you have to get over the Mac thing. "It is what it is" and he's got to have 2023 either way to prove himself, or prove he's not the guy.
I don't think this is necessarily a black and white issue. It's unlikely Mac will completely suck and force his way to the sideline. But it's also as unlikely that he's going perform like a top 10 QB and propelled the team to a division title. We very likely will be looking at moderate quarterback play with a middling record (8 or 9 wins), a 3rd or 4th place finish, and no postseason. So if Mac essentially stays the same then is that "proving himself" or not?

At this point there seems to be a split on Mac. Those that think his rookie season was promising, 2022 was merely a product of bad coaching, and they're optimistic Mac will improve under the guidance of O'Brien. And those that think his rookie season is overrated, 2022 had many problems including Mac's play, and they're pessimistic about Mac developing into a franchise QB. I don't think the scenario I described above for 2023 will move the needle for either opinion.

Screw the numbers. Like Bill says stats are for losers. I'm going to continue to go by what my eyes have seen.

No revisionist history here. In Brady's last two years here he won a SB and followed that up with a 12-4 season that probably would have been better if the Pats didn't get robbed of a win vs KC and lose half of the OL and both FBs (had to use a LB at FB). After Bill dumped Brady, basically over 10 million, Brady went on to win another SB and was a dumb coaching decision from possibly another.

It's ok to admit that it was a mistake to let Brady walk.

And now, the same fans who were ok with seeing Brady go want to see Bill chase a record and get to finish his career here. I would have preferred that Brady finish his career here and maybe get that 7th ring with the Pats instead of the Bucs. We deserved that and so did Brady.
That's the part you are missing. I'm not arguing that Bradys time in Tampa showed he wasn't in decline, or at least not enough of one that given weapons and a solid team around him he could still get it done at a high level. What I'm saying is based on the information they had in 2019, and even 2018 that super bowl was won by switching to a big formation power running game for the playoffs, there were legitimate questions if Brady could no longer do it. No QB had ever played at that level at that age, he was injured so how much of the poor play was based on that? The offense tried adding weapons and game changers from a WR in the first round to trading a 2nd when all of the camp bodies failed. How much did Brady have to do with that? Again take his time in Tampa out of the equation because you didn't know that and these were all fair, reasonable concerns that would have made giving Brady a huge multi million dollar multi year commitment a risk that would set back rebuilding for years. On top of which how would you continue to add talent to an already depleter roster? Brady would have had even less to work with in 2020 and 2021 which 2019 showed wasn't good enough. You can argue all the cap space the pats have now but they only have that because they did a hard reset and got rid of all the dead money in 2020 plus have a rookie QB in 2021 and 2022.

Tl;DR no I don't think getting rid of Brady with the information they had at the time was a mistake. It was just the first time Bradys best interests and the Patriots best interests didn't align.

What makes you think that fans who criticize the team are not fans but you are? Maybe it's the blind followers like you that are the reason the team is in decline. And whatever you do don't play golf. I can tell that you don't have the stomach for that game.

The Pats are in year 4 of the rebuild and "fans" like you think that we just need to give Bill a couple more years. The truth is that he's never won squat without Brady, build or rebuild. The proof is right in front of your eyes if you look and the sample size is getting larger each year.

But hey, let's not criticize the Pats for getting rid of so much talent and seeing that talent go on to help other teams get rings. After all, fans can have the glory of seeing their HC chase a meaningless record with another poor season.
My my, you must have woken up a little grumpy this morning. LMAO

BTW, where did I make a blanket statement that "fans who criticize the team are not fans. . ."

All I tried to do was make a light hearted comment about some of the misery going on with a few fans.

Does the 1960 on your Avatar mean that you've been a fan for 63 years or just since Brady? If it's 63 years then that beats my 52 years and both of us have been through the good, the bad, and the ugly as a Pat's fan.

BTW, I'm not a blind follower and I'm just as disappointed as most about the asinine disaster of our coaching staff last season. However, I've found it to be extremely difficult to be pissed off and happy at the same time. So when I get pissed off, I try to dump the pissed off feeling as soon as possible and move on. But obviously what I do is not for everyone. :)

It's too bad you are not as optimistic for the Patriots as you are for the Jets. It really seems like strange behavior as a Patriots fan to always see the Patriots moves or outlook with the mindset of "something will go wrong" or "we are doomed". But on the flipside the Jets make a move that could go either way and you (and others) see it as an instant success. I'm not sure what people enjoy about being so negative?
How is having a pessimistic outlook on the team the same as "enjoying being negative"? You want people to fake optimism?

If the Patriots had made this same trade for Rodgers then I would be saying the same thing about the Patriots. I can't stomach Rodgers but he's a talented quarterback and he's much better than what either the Jets or Patriots had last season. He would make either team better. As it's turning out, he will make the Jets better. Their team is similar to ours... good defense, good WRs, above average running game (with a healthy Breece Hall), and questionable o-line... but now they're greatly improved at the most important position of all (QB). That's going to make a big difference as it would have for the Patriots. But they made the bold move, and we didn't, so hence the respective team outlooks.

You need to stop this. Openly rooting for Jones to fail isn't the way to go and while I get the support for Zappe based on your username, you just have to let the process play itself out. Jones will get this season to prove he is/isn't the guy and it's already been reported enough that internally, they obviously like Zappe and that means he'll get the opportunity to play if the circumstances warrant it.

Jones will either become the guy, or he won't. And if that's the case, Zappe will get an opportunity. But repeating the same thing over and over needs to end.
Reading the piece drew was stating about Mac is very encouraging.. he said he feels Mac is the franchise QB.. this season as I've mentioned Mac, BB and the organization all have something to prove.. Mac proving he can lead the franchise and be the QB we know he can be, BB proving he can win post brady, ownership showing they are committed to the fans, and putting a product on the field that's nothing like Last year.

I believe Mac is hungry, angry and has the burning desire to become great

How is having a pessimistic outlook on the team the same as "enjoying being negative"? You want people to fake optimism?

If the Patriots had made this same trade for Rodgers then I would be saying the same thing about the Patriots. I can't stomach Rodgers but he's a talented quarterback and he's much better than what either the Jets or Patriots had last season. He would make either team better. As it's turning out, he will make the Jets better. Their team is similar to ours... good defense, good WRs, above average running game (with a healthy Breece Hall), and questionable o-line... but now they're greatly improved at the most important position of all (QB). That's going to make a big difference as it would have for the Patriots. But they made the bold move, and we didn't, so hence the respective team outlooks.
The Jets Team similar to ours?? I'll take their WR's over ours 24/7 365 days a year. The Patriots better bridge that gap in the upcoming Draft.

It's too bad you are not as optimistic for the Patriots as you are for the Jets. It really seems like strange behavior as a Patriots fan to always see the Patriots moves or outlook with the mindset of "something will go wrong" or "we are doomed".

Have you seen my username and Avatar?

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back