PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It’s official Rogers traded to the Jets !

cupofjoe1962

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Adam Schefter reports on ESPN

Jets get…. Aaron Rogers, Pick#15 & 170
In 2023

Packers get…. Pick#13 & 42, & 207 in 2023 plus a conditional 2024 2nd round pick that becomes a 1st if Rogers plays 65% of the plays this year.

Last edited:
April fools??

Yikes Jets are losing Two First Rounders.

So it sounds like a first and a second (assuming he will play 65% of snaps). Thats alot

The good part of this trade is that the Packers' needs are TE, DT, S and WR in that order.

The Jets were really looking at similar positions as the Patriots, so this might mean a tackle the Jets would've taken is now going to fall to the Patriots.

Yikes Jets are losing Two First Rounders.

Jets got hosed.

Best news is we are ahead of Green Bay at WR.
Jets won’t be drafting another top corner and only Just one spot ahead of us.

I know there's a lot of people who are thinking this is bad, but I am 100% convinced this'll blow up on the Jete.

@RobertWeathers I expect lots of Lily worthy threads. I'll be back in a moment.

The good part of this trade is that the Packers' needs are TE, DT, S and WR in that order.

The Jets were really looking at similar positions as the Patriots, so this might mean a tackle the Jets would've taken is now going to fall to the Patriots.

Your fast.

Unless we shock the world and trade up for QB.
But I’m thinking we can get a pretty good QB in the middle rounds if we want one.

Interesting to me that the conditional pick upgrades based on playing time and not based on performance.

That 13/15 swap is actually fascinating. The Packers seem like less competition for the same players, but they clearly see some value in jumping the Jets and Patriots or they would have insisted on getting that value via more picks instead of the two slot swap.

The Jets are now picking behind us. Unless they move up we'll get the opportunity to fill a need at OT before they do.
This is the best part of the news. Most mock drafts have the Jets picking a top tackle at 13. Hopefully the Packers go another direction instead now that they're at 13.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back