PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Isaiah Wynn practicing today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even more relevant is that his achilles injury seemingly was a fluke that had little to do with the rigors of playing football. Unless someone wants to argue that the tendon was primed and ready to snap for years and finally went last year?
You say this as if it matters. He’s been injured. Twice. He’s played in one game out of a possible 27. What difference is it if he’s had an injury history before or not? He’s not been able to get on the field. That’s a problem and it’s irrelevant whether it was a fluke or not.

You say this as if it matters. He’s been injured. Twice. He’s played in one game out of a possible 27. What difference is it if he’s had an injury history before or not? He’s not been able to get on the field. That’s a problem and it’s irrelevant whether it was a fluke or not.

It's a problem but I dont know if it's a sign of things to come. A torn Achilles and turf toe aren't necessarily related.

It's a problem but I dont know if it's a sign of things to come. A torn Achilles and turf toe aren't necessarily related.
Nope, and hopefully it isn’t. But good god, that doesn’t excuse him missing a ****load of time. He’s completely useless to us if he can’t get his ass on the field and keep it on there.

They aren't necessarily un-related either...

They aren't necessarily un-related either...

Hopefully your medical opinions are as loco as your football ones usually are, doctor stone.

But then again you were *****ing that BB didn't predict Garcia developing blood clots in his lungs so I think we should be safe.

It does matter. In a discussion about whether the injuries are predictive of future issues, it's the only thing that matters.
It doesn’t matter at all. 1 of 27 games. That’s what he’s been able to play in since a first round pick was used to take him. That’s a useless return on that pick so far. That they aren’t predictive of future injury issues (and even that’s debatable since he’s playing on a repaired Achilles at his weight) is irrelevant. He’s missed games, and he’s missed a ton of them. That’s what we know right now. The annals of NFL history are littered with guys just like him, who came into the league with clean bills of health and then we on to miss a ton of time. Generally speaking, the annals of NFL history are also not littered with guys who have missed that kind of time in their first two years who then went on to become iron men. Trying to massage that fact by saying the equivalent of “we don’t know what will happen in the future” doesn’t change that. He’s missed time and he needs to stop missing time quickly or the team will move on. They don’t have a whole lot of patience for guys who can’t stay on the field for one reason or another.

It doesn’t matter at all.

Sorry, the only thing I can do is repeat what I said before.

It does matter. In a discussion about whether the injuries are predictive of future issues, it's the only thing that matters.

You are bringing things in that have nothing to do with predictability, so you're having a different discussion than the one I was having. If you find those other branches more interesting, by all means explore them.

Last edited:

You are bringing things in that have nothing to do with predictability, so you're having a different discussion than the one I was having. If you find those other branches more interesting, by all means explore them.
What we know in the here and now is how many games he has missed due to injury. You’re more than welcome to fire off names of guys who have missed that kind of time in their first two years who turned out to be iron men afterward. The list is a short one for good reason. He had an Achilles repair and carries a substantial amount of weight. Of course future injury is a possibility.

What we know in the here and now is how many games he has missed due to injury. You’re more than welcome to fire off names of guys who have missed that kind of time in their first two years who turned out to be iron men afterward. The list is a short one for good reason. He had an Achilles repair and carries a substantial amount of weight. Of course future injury is a possibility.

Maybe this can help:

Re-injury after Achilles Tendon Surgery: J. Michael Bennett, MD, PA: Orthopaedic Surgeon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back