PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Isaiah Wynn practicing today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Harry is part of this convo: like others have said I think harry is easily at the bottom of the depth chart till he gets more reps and chemistry w Tom

Edelman, Myers, Dorset, Sanu all clearly above for now if you think of Harry as a rookie w/ no real in season practice and no reg season game experience

Sanu is the only question because similar to Harry he also doesn’t have chemistry and reps w brady, but his advantage is he is also a good experienced vet

But given that the team has had an open spot for nearly a week now, his activation seems inevitable.

Agreed...mostly. And the caveat is that he is still NOT on the active roster, which I think is the smart thing to do.

The Pats can make that call much closer to gameday without any penalties. If they don't think he can contribute this Sunday, then there is NO reason to activate him before Monday.

My caveat is that there is really no point to keep a roster spot open until they are ready to make a call to promote Harry onto the active roster. The active roster can be full until the Pats are ready to make a call on Harry, ultimately once they make the call they could just cut someone and promote Harry simultaneously.

My caveat is that there is really no point to keep a roster spot open until they are ready to make a call to promote Harry onto the active roster. The active roster can be full until the Pats are ready to make a call on Harry, ultimately once they make the call they could just cut someone and promote Harry simultaneously.

This is why I think activating Harry is such a certainty. If there was any doubt, they'd have a temporary body in there or perhaps not have waived Tomlinson. By staying short so long, they are behaving as if the bodies that will form the eventual 53 are already here.

Any word up if Wynn made it thru practice today uninjured?

We really, really need him to stay healthy this time.

Good, now stay healthy for the rest of the season.

This is good news... Bring him back after the bye week and limit his snaps... Not a good idea to do 60 plus snaps in his first game

On this Sunday. He would have to be added to the active roster first, which has NOT yet happened.

If he is NOT added to the active roster by Tuesday Nov 5 4:00pm, then he will revert back to IR and is done for the year.
He better get activated.

So, everyone is anxious for BB to activate Harry and have Meyers inactive? We are very unlikely to have 5 WR's active plus a punt returner.

He better get activated.

So, everyone is anxious for BB to activate Harry and have Meyers inactive? We are very unlikely to have 5 WR's active plus a punt returner.
Meyers stays.

Meh. There is nothing about his recent injuries to suggest it's more trend than blip. Sometimes stuff just happens.
While I agree with you in theory... there are some players that just seem to get hurt more "easily" than others. Not to say they have a lower tolerance or something, but maybe they're just a bit more fragile? It's too early to say that Wynn is one such player, but I would have to say it feels that way so far. Tons of time left to reverse that feeling, though.

Meyers stays.
Meyers isn't gonna get cut but you can only activate 46 guys. Edelman, Dorsett, Sanu, Meyers, Harry, Slater and Olszewski is a lot of dudes even if the last two don't typically line up on offense. Maybe Meyers bounces around inactive sometimes. Maybe Harry too.

How do we know that Wynn is any better than Newhouse when Wynn hasnt played the first snap?

How do we know that Wynn is any better than Newhouse when Wynn hasnt played the first snap?
??? He played two games (PIT, MIA) and looked pretty good.

While I agree with you in theory... there are some players that just seem to get hurt more "easily" than others. Not to say they have a lower tolerance or something, but maybe they're just a bit more fragile? It's too early to say that Wynn is one such player, but I would have to say it feels that way so far. Tons of time left to reverse that feeling, though.

Of course, people are different and some are unfortunately unable to stand up to the rigors of the game through no fault of their own

The point about the "feeling" is exactly the one I'm addressing, though. Humans instinctively seek patterns in randomness, whether they are there or not. And when they aren't there, we stitch narratives to make them appear to be there.

At this point, this stitched narrative is the entire source of the "feeling". Data alone does not support it. Yet.

I think all the WR's stay and a move is made at TE

I think all the WR's stay and a move is made at TE
Or, Cunningham goes. If there is a FB in America(who can block) not on an NFL team, I'd sign him. Converting a couple of key short-yardage plays would be more important than having Ebner. Especially, since we have Bethel. Slater, Bolden and Brooks are core ST'ers. I'd rather have a FB than another.

Since Harry is part of this convo: like others have said I think harry is easily at the bottom of the depth chart till he gets more reps and chemistry w Tom

Edelman, Myers, Dorset, Sanu all clearly above for now if you think of Harry as a rookie w/ no real in season practice and no reg season game experience

Sanu is the only question because similar to Harry he also doesn’t have chemistry and reps w brady, but his advantage is he is also a good experienced vet

Maybe the first few weeks Harry will be at the bottom, but he will be given every opportunity to pass at least Meyers as an option, if only because of size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back