PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is there chaos with the Celtics..is Brown the problem?

If this article is true then we are in for a long season.
I have never been a Jaylen Brown fan for many reasons, now add another.

I don't need an insider to suggest Brown is selfish and believes he's much better than he actually is. His on court play already proves this.

If Porzingis can stay healthy, he and Tatum are the 1-2 combo that can win championships. White was a steal. They have the nucleus with or without Brown, who is a neutral efficiency, high volume, high usage player and nothing else.

We need a true PG. Period.

I'm supportive of a Brown for Lillard move.

If Lillard goes to MIA that would not be good.

I know Lillard is up there in age but He still damn good.

I cannot abide by Brown's turnovers anymore. He won't improve. He is who he is.

Brown is not worthy of a supermax deal. He just isn't.

What is the true delay? As fans we wanted Brown to qualify for the big bonus then after he achieved the level and we fans saw his play in the playoffs we now question why he deserves this extra money. So we need a point guard desperately unless you disagree. So why is Brown dragging his heels, I don't think he is, he wants to run to the bank. I think it is management deciding if they want to keep him and give him this money and pay a penalty when our need is greater. We shall see what happens soon. Thanks for allowing me to *****.

I'd love to have Lillard but as a Plan B White is a good point guard and his usage will increase as well as his role as primary ball distributor (will no longer shuffle to SG and defer to Smart.). White isn't an elite passer, but he's good enough and at the least an adequate NBA point guard with good court vision. I bet he will avg 16-18 ppg and 6-8 apg simply based on subtracting Smart.

I absolutely love the Porzingis addition, and they just extended him for 2/60. That could signal they're not supermaxing Brown.

I'd love to have Lillard but as a Plan B White is a good point guard and his usage will increase as well as his role as primary ball distributor (will no longer shuffle to SG and defer to Smart.). White isn't an elite passer, but he's good enough and at the least an adequate NBA point guard with good court vision. I bet he will avg 16-18 ppg and 6-8 apg simply based on subtracting Smart.
I love White. I dunno. I think they need someone better.
I absolutely love the Porzingis addition, and they just extended him for 2/60. That could signal they're not supermaxing Brown.
Porz was a great trade.

I absolutely do not want Brown to have a supermax deal. No way. Not worth the cap usage. If he was LeBron, Magic, Bird, Jordan then OK.

What is the true delay? As fans we wanted Brown to qualify for the big bonus then after he achieved the level and we fans saw his play in the playoffs we now question why he deserves this extra money. So we need a point guard desperately unless you disagree. So why is Brown dragging his heels, I don't think he is, he wants to run to the bank. I think it is management deciding if they want to keep him and give him this money and pay a penalty when our need is greater. We shall see what happens soon. Thanks for allowing me to *****.
F Brown. Jordan Walsh drained 25 last night. :p

F Brown. Jordan Walsh drained 25 last night. :p
Stevens said last night at the summer league that he is confident with the point guards they now have. That means what we have is what we are going to have. If I am reading him correctly.

Stevens said last night at the summer league that he is confident with the point guards they now have. That means what we have is what we are going to have. If I am reading him correctly.
Yea I saw that as well. I don't agree with him but whatever.

Reading the OP's article, it's blathering. Trying to stoke a fire for hits. However, I agree with those of you that say Brown is not worthy of a max deal. As the Celtics run there offense currently, they have 2 players playing the same position. We should get everything out of JB that we can (in a trade) and just wish him well.

oh, and I totally support a Dame for Brown trade as well.

You guys with the point guard crap ... Fuhgeddaboudit
It is called 'randomness' and 'Positionless"

You guys with the point guard crap ... Fuhgeddaboudit
It is called 'randomness' and 'Positionless"

No. Hes kidding himself and masking the real issue.

A team doesn't need a PG if there are a collection of players on the floor which are all competent passers and ball-handlers who know how to be unselfish, be smart with shot selection, aren't turnover machines, play disciplined and put their teammates in position for success.

That is absolutely not the current makeup of the 2023 Boston Celtics.

Last edited:

I've recently come around to the same conclusion. There was a time that I liked Brown's game as much as Tatum's, but that was yesterday and yesterday's gone.

No. Hes kidding himself and masking the real issue.

A team doesn't need a PG if there are a collection of players on the floor which are all competent passers and ball-handlers who know how to be unselfish, be smart with shot selection, aren't turnover machines, play disciplined and put their teammates in position for success.

That is absolutely not the current makeup of the 2023 Boston Celtics.
With Smart gone they will improve ...

I've recently come around to the same conclusion. There was a time that I liked Brown's game as much as Tatum's, but that was yesterday and yesterday's gone.
Brown is not a PF ... not a SF ... and really not a great SG ...
I think he thrives from respect Tatum gets.
A SF should be able to get to the rim to get his shot more respected.

White could be better SF than him if needed. ... so quick into the paint ...
Just a label ... for discussion purposes.

Last edited:
Brown is not a PF ... not a SF ... and really not a great SG ...
I think he thrives from respect Tatum gets.
A SF should be able to get to the rim to get his shot more respected.

White could be better SF than him if needed. ... so quick into the paint ...
Just a label ... for discussion purposes.
Not sure about White being the SF but spot on w/ Brown.

I would be OK w/ White as a SG actually. He does so many things well. Very well-rounded player.

I honestly believe there is another move to be made..
I don't like not having a pure pg.

I'm high on the rookie draft pick.. something about this kid and his game tells me he is going to be a serious contributing factor this season.

Yea, I saw that as well. I don't agree with him but whatever.
As a follow-up, it was said on Friday, 7/14/23, that Mazzulla wants "to change the successful strategy of the Celtics" to play strong defense and then offense to win past championships. Stevens is going along with him and his ideas by getting more offense and less defense with his off-season additions and deletions of players. Sam Cassell says he is going to support Mazzulla's strategy rather than try to change him and his ideas. I am a long time Bruins NHL hockey fan, the Stanley Cup is won with defense first for many years I am a long-time Celtic fan and watch championships won using defense first. So I guess I must change or just follow them while finding a team that believed in a strong defense first. OH then there are my 63 years as a Patriots fan and Bill Belichick's Super Bowl championships won with the defense before offense. I am just old and tough to change. Have a nice day.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back