PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Newhouse really that bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newhouse is a fundamental weakness on our O line and most people recognize this. While his pass blocking has been poor, his run blocking has been just as bad or worse. That said, our coaching staff picked him up off the scrap heap and the guy has done his best to step up. Has it been good enough? No! But I trust the teams talent evaluators and they have decided that he's the best guy they can find to fill in for Wynn until next week, when Wynn comes back.
I get all the *****ing and moaning about him because he's not done a good job. But, we are asking of him something that is impossible and that is for him to preform at at the very least, a least decent level. All the guys than can do this at a decent level, already have NFL jobs.

Newhouse has plugged a temporary hole and thankfully Brady didn't get killed. I hold no ill will against him for the organization asking him to do something he doesn't have the tools to do. How can you? He was in street cloths 2 months ago. If you want to complain about why we were left with Newhouse as the only alternative when Wynn went down, that to me is a legitimate complaint and certainly an interesting discussion topic.

Your post is solid, and I feel bad for Newhouse. He's been struggling in the league lately, and he's now been forced to flip sides and play at a level he's just not capable of achieving. I take no pleasure in noting his failures.

But that's part of analysis. Jordan Richards is known as a great guy, but we hammered him, too, because he couldn't play.

That's what I'm saying. People need to back up off of Newhouse's ass. He is trying his best out there. We went 8-1 with him in there and it's not like the one loss is on him.
its just a matter of time before he get Brady killed

The entire offense looks dysfunctional IMO. That is why my eyes have turned to the coaches.

The entire offense looks dysfunctional because Newhouse sucks, Edelman is getting bracketed in every obvious passing situation, Dorsett is at best a WR3 being forced into a higher role, Sanu is new, Harry and Meyers are rookies, the TE position can be best described as a dumpster fire, and the QB has spent most of the year on the injury report. I’m not sure how you can point to the coaching on that one unless you just don’t know what the Hell it is that you’re looking at when you watch these games.

The time we were pursuing Adam Humphries we should have threw those $$$$$ at Trent Brown. Our O-Line would have been so much better with him.

Do you actually believe negotiations with players happen linearly?

Yes. He's not even serviceable. Absolutely horrid. The fact this team beat Philly & Cleveland with him at left tackle is a miracle. There's no point of keeping him on the roster once Wynn returns (If he does).
I'd keep him as the Swing Tackle, especially since Bill hasn't bothered to name Cunningham a game-day active ahead of even Thanksdad, so how bad must that guy be...and Bill threw away a draft pick for him because...because...?

It’s quite bizarre BB went into the season without a contingency plan in place and relied on a 2nd year player coming off an achilles tear.

Given how Newhouse has looked at times, I have been surprised we have not had Corey Cunningham on the field - he is young and if you believe the press has a great attitude. Given his age one would hope Cunningham could improve on the job. The fact that Newhouse has been beaten as frequently as he has and is still on the field is troubling.

Like other posters, I do not question the judgment of the coaching staff to make the right call. I know Cunningham went on IR with an injury his rookie season - perhaps he lost some athleticism do to injury, which is why Arizona traded him?

Like other hoping Wynn can be a material upgrade and hoping Wynn stays on field.

Newhouse is a fundamental weakness on our O line and most people recognize this. While his pass blocking has been poor, his run blocking has been just as bad or worse. That said, our coaching staff picked him up off the scrap heap and the guy has done his best to step up. Has it been good enough? No! But I trust the teams talent evaluators...
This is where I stopped reading...

It’s quite bizarre BB went into the season without a contingency plan in place and relied on a 2nd year player coming off an achilles tear.

Yep in the Trenches where Teams win or lose games can't wait the hear the story on Yodny Cajuste what a wasted pick that was last spring.

Given how Newhouse has looked at times, I have been surprised we have not had Corey Cunningham on the field - he is young and if you believe the press has a great attitude. Given his age one would hope Cunningham could improve on the job. The fact that Newhouse has been beaten as frequently as he has and is still on the field is troubling.

Like other posters, I do not question the judgment of the coaching staff to make the right call. I know Cunningham went on IR with an injury his rookie season - perhaps he lost some athleticism do to injury, which is why Arizona traded him?

Like other hoping Wynn can be a material upgrade and hoping Wynn stays on field.

Good points wondered that too when I think of who goes when Wynn gets activated I wouldn't look any further than either neither would be missed.

Yep in the Trenches where Teams win or lose games can't wait the hear the story on Yodny Cajuste what a wasted pick that was last spring.
Not to mention you need to protect your 42 year old QB. I still don’t know what the hell why Cajuste is not playing.

The entire offense looks dysfunctional because Newhouse sucks, Edelman is getting bracketed in every obvious passing situation, Dorsett is at best a WR3 being forced into a higher role, Sanu is new, Harry and Meyers are rookies, the TE position can be best described as a dumpster fire, and the QB has spent most of the year on the injury report. I’m not sure how you can point to the coaching on that one unless you just don’t know what the Hell it is that you’re looking at when you watch these games.
Coaching does not escape unblemished here...Skippy's short-yardage/GTG play-calling has been Gutless...to put it kindly....First/goal from inside the 5, and Not One run?!? Especially immediately after the Watson catch that made it 1st/GTG, while their defense is still scrambling?!? Disgraceful.

Coaching does not escape unblemished here...Skippy's short-yardage/GTG play-calling has been Gutless...to put it kindly....First/goal from inside the 5, and Not One run?!? Especially immediately after the Watson catch that made it 1st/GTG, while their defense is still scrambling?!? Disgraceful.
What have you seen out of the running game that makes you confident they punch it in right there? Keep in mind, the Fecals had their goal line unit in.

Not to mention you need to protect your 42 year old QB. I still don’t know what the hell why Cajuste is not playing.
Damaged Goods pre-draft...shouldn't have been picked during the entire 4th round, never mind at the end of the 3rd...and then there's Frodo & his Hobbit arms, out with the Foxboro Flu because, you know, suck...

What have you seen out of the running game that makes you confident they punch it in right there? Keep in mind, the Fecals had their goal line unit in.
That first-down play was the best time to catch them off-balance...I was hoping they would just run a one-count-and-snap behind Mason & Cannon before the defense had a chance to dig in their heels.

Thanks for the injury clarification: that said Wynns career in the Pros so far have been checkered injury wise *He has missed more games than he's played*. IF he cannot stay on the Field and live up to his First Round billing we have No Chance! in the Playoffs. Brady's face says it all.

Maybe you should start watching ping pong if player injuries bother you so much.

Whoops. Never mind.

Concussion.
250px-Timo_Boll.jpg

Table toe
Sprained-ankle-problems.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents