PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

is McDermott the biggest whiner in the nfl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
71578932_695758524237474_6545803172995137536_n.jpg

However, because Barkley lined up under center he was not an eligible receiver even after the lateral, so that may have affected what’s allowed to be done to him.

I'm not aware of this rule. Source?

Which rule? That a player lined up under center is not an eligible receiver (unless the pass is first touched by the defense or an eligible receiver)?

Which rule? That a player lined up under center is not an eligible receiver (unless the pass is first touched by the defense or an eligible receiver)?

But once he passes the ball back, it doesn’t matter that he can’t receive the ball in the form of a forward pass, he can still become a blocker and block can’t he?

Are QBs protected when they block on an end around? (Honest question)

ETA - this call reminded me of a call on Chung two seasons ago (I think....can’t remember who it was against but Jerome Bogar pops to mind as the ref).

Chung got called for illegal contact but he was engaged with an eligible receiver who had stayed in to block on a run play. Recall the Pats losing on a FG right after. Maybe the Panthers game

I always thought a QB had a right to slide, which may have been short of his goal but ensures his safety. It should be a two way street. A QB acting as a running back and fighting for yardage while lunging forward with his helmet? I don’t see how that’s a “defenseless player” as opposed to any other player with the ball.
Despite what Dan Fouts thinks, he was not a defenseless player. I checked the rules and there are 11 ways "defenseless" is defined and none of those definitions apply to Allen on that play.

Now, of course, you still can't initiate helmet to helmet contact. I don't think Jones initiated contact and I don't think he should have been flagged, but I can't really fault the refs terribly much because they are told to err on the side of protection. Sometimes defenders are damned if you do, damned if you don't.

My point is it should not have been called.
I know but I disagree. It was not a clean hit and since 2018 you'll always get that call if the refs are on point. He lowered his helmet. It's a no brainer. It wasn't about Allen being defenseless or not -- ppl focusing on that are missing the point. My guess is he gets a nice fine this week.

Has there ever been a TV color guy that's been fined?

Weird.
Google for several hours had the Sean McDermott leading Pats coaches off the field as its lead story.
Around 10 pm the story was no longer found on my home page.
Just now at 1140 pm its back as the lead story.
I didn't realize Bills fans had so much pull with Google.

McDermott is a complete moron...hey "coach"...this look familiar?

https://thecomeback.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Bradys-bildo.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Do STFU you completely ignorant near brain dead sub-moronic TICK BRAIN

I really wish they’d point out that the Patriots 2014 loss to the Bills was when they pulled Brady very early in a meaningless game.

Brady has really only lost 2 times to them, and once since that 31-0 game in 2003. I mean, imagine thinking after that 31-0 drubbing in 2003 - at a point where people thought the Bledsoe led Bills had taken control of the division - that Brady would go 28-1 against them. Mind-boggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes