Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you believe we will be a super bowl contender with Mac?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So because you know the results of Tom’s career two decades later, any of us suggesting Mac and Zappe who have a combined average age of 23.5 years might improve the way Tom improved are unrealistic… really any QB for that matter… it doesn’t have to be Tom.
Remember when you claimed that you weren't comparing Mac to Brady?

Thats all you and the other Mac apologists have done in this " IS MAC THE GUY FOR THE FUTURE" thread. I was here in 2002 and I do not recall any thread or discussion about "IS BRADY THE GUY FOR THE FUTURE"

Perhaps you or one your Homers buddies can find that thread questioning the QB who had just won the Pats very first Soper bowl?

Whats for real is THIS thread calling out your boy Mac and for good reason. He is nothing like Brady and their situations could not be more different for numerous reasons.

And oh yeah, after the first two years of Josh Allen’s career the Buffalo fanbase and national media were calling him a bust… and he improved. But it’s not what happens with young players. Good grief… way to provide a perfect example of how foolish year one predictions can look.
Allen needed a lot of polish.

How many times do I have to repeat myself that he was a project with all the raw materials that required the right development? If you're hoping that Mac turns into Josh Allen or Mahomes good luck to you.

18 TD’s to 12 INT’s in the entire regular season… remind us again how that was magical and it led the league in passing?

Oh yeah, it didn’t (22nd in passing yards, 14th in TD’s). He was doing what was asked of him, he was a young player who did the best he could and was carried by a strong team around him. Where he shined was efficiency.

Nobody is comparing Mac to anyone, we’re just sick of the BS revisionist history by the ball washers here. Give us a break.
He had 3 or 4 interceptions in his second start. He no TDs in his first start. He did pretty good the rest of the year and had some clutch performances that won games. That trait was evident at Michigan. I saw a guy who had "it" I was right. A lot of people saw it too. Im not talking about fan boys. Im talking about what the players and the anylists of the day were saying. Stat this and stat that doesn't too justice to his heart and drive. Thats a real thing too. No stats for that. Brady was/is a winner. Its not revisionist. We witnessed it.

Remember when you claimed that you weren't comparing Mac to Brady?

Thats all you and the other Mac apologists have done in this " IS MAC THE GUY FOR THE FUTURE" thread. I was here in 2002 and I do not recall any thread or discussion about "IS BRADY THE GUY FOR THE FUTURE"

Perhaps you or one your Homers buddies can find that thread questioning the QB who had just won the Pats very first Soper bowl?

Whats for real is THIS thread calling out your boy Mac and for good reason. He is nothing like Brady and their situations could not be more different for numerous reasons.
Nobody compared him to Brady... as much as you want that to be the case. There are no "Mac apologists," geezus... get a grip. Pointing out that Mac is a young QB and young QB's including some of the best in history and the best currently in the league like Josh Allen dealt with growing pains in their early years. Nobody is comparing Mac to Brady... we're comparing Mac to every rookie QB in history. Brady ball washers hear what they want to hear.
Allen needed a lot of polish.

How many times do I have to repeat myself that he was a project with all the raw materials that required the right development? If you're hoping that Mac turns into Josh Allen or Mahomes good luck to you.
But Mac or Zappe are finished products... sounds legit.

This your first time watching professional football?

He had 3 or 4 interceptions in his second start. He no TDs in his first start. He did pretty good the rest of the year and had some clutch performances that won games. That trait was evident at Michigan. I saw a guy who had "it" I was right. A lot of people saw it too. Im not talking about fan boys. Im talking about what the players and the anylists of the day were saying. Stat this and stat that doesn't too justice to his heart and drive. Thats a real thing too. No stats for that. Brady was/is a winner. Its not revisionist. We witnessed it.
Nostalgia doesn't change history. He is a winner, what makes him great is his brain and hyper efficiency, he doesn't turn the ball over and converts third downs. That's something even TB had to learn. It's not coincidence his highest interception percentages came from 2001-2006. If a QB plays mistake free and efficiently, they don't have to be amazing or have an explosive arm that can sling it 80 yards if the team around them is good enough.

We need "good" QB play from Zappe or Mac, we don't need them to be superstars. The team around them is good enough.

Nobody compared him to Brady... as much as you want that to be the case. There are no "Mac apologists," geezus... get a grip. Pointing out that Mac is a young QB and young QB's including some of the best in history and the best currently in the league like Josh Allen dealt with growing pains in their early years. Nobody is comparing Mac to Brady... we're comparing Mac to every rookie QB in history. Brady ball washers hear what they want to hear.

But Mac or Zappe are finished products... sounds legit.

This your first time watching professional football?
You did.

Brought up Bradys 2000 season as if a 6th round QB, who never started an NFL game, that came to a team that already had a QB who would go on to sign a new 100 million dollar contract has some sort of connection to Jones. Foolishness.

Tom was a game manager early on, stats and anyone who wasn’t a child in the early 2000’s knows this. He threw one TD in the entire NFL 2001 postseason… learn the game.

You did.

Brought up Bradys 2000 season as if a 6th round QB, who never started an NFL game, that came to a team that already had a QB who would go on to sign a new 100 million dollar contract has some sort of connection to Jones. Foolishness.
Nobody compared him to Brady, nobody said he puts up Brady like efficiency. I was one of the first posters in 2022 to say Mac was close to getting benched for throwing interceptions and deserved it.

We can't talk about young developmental QB's without comparing them to players from the past, especially when jokers like you pretend that the best QB's in the league were born that way... then I have to remind you Josh Allen was called a bust his first two years. You quickly backtracked and started talking about player development.... or talking out both sides of your mouth.

Nostalgia doesn't change history. He is a winner, what makes him great is his brain and hyper efficiency, he doesn't turn the ball over and converts third downs. That's something even TB had to learn. It's not coincidence his highest interception percentages came from 2001-2006. If a QB plays mistake free and efficiently, they don't have to be amazing or have an explosive arm that can sling it 80 yards if the team around them is good enough.

We need "good" QB play from Zappe or Mac, we don't need them to be superstars. The team around them is good enough.
They need to be good and a good fit in the system. So far the jury is still out but I'm more optimistic than pessimistic with them.

"Stand by your Mac" Inspired by Loretta Lynn's platinum classic "Stand by your Man"

Sometimes its hard to be a Homer
Giving all your love to one Pats player
They'll be good games and they'll be bad games
Mac doin things you don't understand

But if you bought his jersey, you'll forgive him
Even after a 3 INT game in 2022
If you really love him you'll be proud of him
Cuz Tom 'GOAT" Brady did the same in 2002

Stand by your Mac support him on every Pats board
And when the Pats do not win
How dare those that blame him
When Matt Patricia is the only OC we can afford

Defend Mac through thick and thin
Just wait until he has Tyquan Thornton
Then the doubters will be eating crow
Instead of watching this 5hitshow

Stand by your Mac

“Great QB’s like Josh Allen aren’t developed, they’re born that way.” - Triumph

“Josh Allen was universally considered a bust after two years by both fans and media.” - Wozzy

“Josh Allen just needed time to develop.” - Triumph

It makes sense in the minds of the QB fanboys and trolls… but nowhere else.

It's worrisome that his strongest supporter Mac10 has already given up on him. Don't be surprised if he switches to Zappe4 after the win tomorrow.

View attachment 46029

People are over reacting based on three games. There are certainly no guarantees than Jones is the QB of the future, but people are too quick to jump off the bandwagon

Seen far to many 3-4 game wonders to turn to **** once they put enough on tape to get excited. But Zappe looks good so far.

Zappe has great pocket presence and seems to have that “winner” gene.

It's great to see Zappe can play. But don't forget, the whole league was raving about Mac last year as a rookie. There's no way Zappe can be as dynamic as Mac in the variety and depth of the offense just based on his full year of experience. I still don't think Mac is going to lose his job. And we have to see Zappe play another couple games vs. top D talent to see if he can handle everything and make the clutch plays to convert those 3rd downs, and be trusted enough to pass in the RZ. IF that happens, and IF Mac comes back in 2 more weeks and really sucks for a string of 5 games or so, then maybe they go back to Zappe by the end of the year. I just don't see it yet.

"Stand by your Mac" Inspired by Loretta Lynn's platinum classic "Stand by your Man"

Sometimes its hard to be a Homer
Giving all your love to one Pats player
They'll be good games and they'll be bad games
Mac doin things you don't understand

But if you bought his jersey, you'll forgive him
Even after a 3 INT game in 2022
If you really love him you'll be proud of him
Cuz Tom 'GOAT" Brady did the same in 2002

Stand by your Mac support him on every Pats board
And when the Pats do not win
How dare those that blame him
When Matt Patricia is the only OC we can afford

Defend Mac through thick and thin
Just wait until he has Tyquan Thornton
Then the doubters will be eating crow
Instead of watching this 5hitshow

Stand by your Mac
Are you drunk?

JK .... :evil:

Tom was a game manager early on, stats and anyone who wasn’t a child in the early 2000’s knows this. He threw one TD in the entire NFL 2001 postseason… learn the game.
You obviously didn't watch the postseason that year. Against the Raiders, Brady threw for 312 yards (and rushed for a TD) in one of the worst snowstorms ever played in Foxboro. The entire rest of the team had a grand total of 25 carries for 52 rushing yards.

That's not a game manager. That's a guy carrying the offense on his back.

You obviously didn't watch the postseason that year. Against the Raiders, Brady threw for 312 yards (and rushed for a TD) in one of the worst snowstorms ever played in Foxboro. The entire rest of the team had a grand total of 52 rushing yards.

That's not a game manager. That's a guy carrying the offense on his back.
BuT pAsSiNg TD's

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back