Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you believe we will be a super bowl contender with Mac?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The voting in this thread is an embarrassment to this board and our franchise, I'm gonna guess a lot of the "No he's not" crowd are the same geniuses who wanted to keep sCam around.

Don't worry though, when Mac starts kickin names and takin ass we'll let you back on the bandwagon.
It's worrisome that his strongest supporter Mac10 has already given up on him. Don't be surprised if he switches to Zappe4 after the win tomorrow.

SmartSelect_20220928_111552_Firefox.jpg

It's worrisome that his strongest supporter Mac10 has already given up on him. Don't be surprised if he switches to Zappe4 after the win tomorrow.

View attachment 46029
I have to be honest. If Timmy has already turned on Mac, that gives me a lot more hope that Mac is actually the guy now. Hope restored!

First off, I am not paid to find the next Pat's QB. But, I knew that Josh Allen had the raw materials to be a Franchise NFL QB with the proper development.

Only a dope would compare Bradys situation with Mac Jones. You clueless people sure are desperate and full of lame excuses.

Yac Jones has a weak arm and there is no hiding it.
So because you know the results of Tom’s career two decades later, any of us suggesting Mac and Zappe who have a combined average age of 23.5 years might improve the way Tom improved are unrealistic… really any QB for that matter… it doesn’t have to be Tom.

And oh yeah, after the first two years of Josh Allen’s career the Buffalo fanbase and national media were calling him a bust… and he improved. But it’s not what happens with young players. Good grief… way to provide a perfect example of how foolish year one predictions can look.

The only part that you finally figured out is that Yac Jones is a game manager.

Mark Sanchez/ Jon Kitna
Tom was a game manager early on, stats and anyone who wasn’t a child in the early 2000’s knows this. He threw one TD in the entire NFL 2001 postseason… learn the game.

Tom was a game manager early on, stats and anyone who wasn’t a child in the early 2000’s knows this
Yeah he was nothing special early on (2001), but I think he was a step above "game manager" as he answered the call in critical situations. However, had he played the first two games, he probably ends up with a respectable 20+ TD's and over 3,000 yards passing which would've put him in the top 10 in TD's and top 20 in yards. With that being said I was still shocked Brady was going to be the starter the rest of the season with the team being 5-5 (5-3 as a starter) with Bledsoe making $100M.
He threw one TD in the entire NFL 2001 postseason… learn the game.
Raiders game had terrible weather. He was injured early in Pittsburgh. Rams had a very good defense.

Last edited:
Tom was a game manager early on, stats and anyone who wasn’t a child in the early 2000’s knows this. He threw one TD in the entire NFL 2001 postseason… learn the game.
He was but he was doing what he was asked to do. Different game then even if they didn't let him loose. That helps explain one TD pass but add in a blinding snow storm in the first game and an early departure in the second game and that explains it a little more. Im not saying he would have had a lot more by letting him sling it but holding back the play book was a factor.. Year 2. He led the league in TD passes with 28, 28! Perspective.

He was but he was doing what he was asked to do. Different game then even if they didn't let him loose. That helps explain one TD pass but add in a blinding snow storm in the first game and an early departure in the second game and that explains it a little more. Im not saying he would have had a lot more by letting him sling it but holding back the play book was a factor.. Year 2. He led the league in TD passes with 28, 28! Perspective.

Another Tom thread? SMH

Yeah he was nothing special early on (2001), but I think he was a step above "game manager" as he answered the call in critical situations. With that being said I was still shocked Brady was going to be the starter the rest of the season with the team being 5-5 (5-3 as a starter) with Bledsoe making $100M.
You know who else “answered the call” in that 2001 season, especially in crunch time against the Raiders and Rams…. the entire offensive line, Jermaine Wiggins. JR Redmond and that hall of fame bound kicker… what was his name again? It’s a team game and that team was built to perform in crunch time, the coaches made sure of that.
Raiders game had terrible weather. He was injured early in Pittsburgh. Rams had a very good defense.
Look at his season stats, his only duty was not to turn it over and convert third downs. He was a game manager, sorry if that’s an uncomfortable truth for the ball washers.

I think he’s a great kid but I just don’t think he has the arm strength to consistently make big time throws in tight windows.

18 TD’s to 12 INT’s in the entire regular season… remind us again how that was magical and it led the league in passing?

Oh yeah, it didn’t (22nd in passing yards, 14th in TD’s). He was doing what was asked of him, he was a young player who did the best he could and was carried by a strong team around him. Where he shined was efficiency.

Nobody is comparing Mac to anyone, we’re just sick of the BS revisionist history by the ball washers here. Give us a break.

I thought I had voted, but won't because I need to see Mac with more talent on both sides of the ball and better coaching (won't happen). I think this season could be a wash with his injury, especially if the team loses while he is gone.

18 TD’s to 12 INT’s in the entire regular season… remind us again how that was magical and it led the league in passing?

Oh yeah, it didn’t (22nd in passing yards, 14th in TD’s). He was doing what was asked of him, he was a young player who did the best he could and was carried by a strong team around him. Where he shined was efficiency.

Nobody is comparing Mac to anyone, we’re just sick of the BS revisionist history by the ball washers here. Give us a break.
He led the league in his 2nd season as starter. 2002. Despite a poor team record, Brady made a huge jump in year 2.

Not arguing your point about him being more game manager in 2001. Just about every first year starter is. But using his ranking in yards and TD's is disingenuous. He played 14 games, not 16 like all the other starters in those rankings.

If he has 2 more TD's in those 2 games, 20 would have been top 10 in the league.

If he has 400 yards over those 2 games, he jumps over Donovan McNabb and is top 15.

Hardly the Brady he became, but also a far cry from a don't-screw-up total game manager too.

And those 12 INT's? Again, different league. Look at INT%. Only 7 QB's who started all season had a lower INT%. Kurt Warner and Peyton had not only double the INT's (expected because they threw more) but nearly double the INT %.

18/12 was considered good in 2001. Then, Brady improved all his numbers substantially in 2002 despite a really ugly 9-7 record.

Mac looked good last year. We all had lots of hope that he was going to follow the Brady trajectory. The beginning of this year has been a major let down. I am still holding out hope he comes back and makes that 2nd year jump.

Last edited:
So because you know the results of Tom’s career two decades later, any of us suggesting Mac and Zappe who have a combined average age of 23.5 years might improve the way Tom improved are unrealistic… really any QB for that matter… it doesn’t have to be Tom.

And oh yeah, after the first two years of Josh Allen’s career the Buffalo fanbase and national media were calling him a bust… and he improved. But it’s not what happens with young players. Good grief… way to provide a perfect example of how foolish year one predictions can look.
Good point but Allen was a tad different. He was a known raw QB out of the draft, he wasn't supposed to be good right away if at all. He had a lot to work on.

Jones was apparently the most NFL ready QB out of that draft.

For me it is too soon to ask yes or no on Mac Jones. I believe I did say no because at this point there is more point on the no side than the yes side. 4 games into season 2.

The Snowbowl and the Super Bowl.

Big games and legendary QB play that your boy Mac can only dream of. Keep being a FOOL defending him.

I think he’s a great kid but I just don’t think he has the arm strength to consistently make big time throws in tight windows.
The Homers blame the INTs on bad decisions.

Agholor had his man beat for a TD vs the Bills last year and Mac underthrew the ball. INT.

Parker had his mam beat vs Miami for a TD, Mac underthrew the pass. INT.

Over and over we see the same weak azz throws. Happened in Pittsburgh too only the Pats WR took the ball from the Pitt DB.

Depends what you mean by the guy. Can he be a franchise QB? maybe. Even probably. But so can Matt Ryan. Is he 'The Guy'? Looking very unlikely. Didn't see enough flashes and year 1 and year 2 should be the huge jump year for any QB looking to be on that level, and I'm not seeing it yet. It should be obvious from the get go that he made the jump. It wasn't. Rarely some guys make the jump in year 3. But that's super rare. At this point I'm saying 55% chance he is a solid franchise QB. And 1-2% Chance he is a true elite who carries you to a ring, as opposed to simply being a ride along with an amazing D and elite weapons. I'll need to see a few more games, but right now I'm very much for trading him to get back any value I can.

Teams over pay for mediocre QBs all the time. Better to not have them at all IMO. an average guy who cost you a lot is as likely to help you are a subpar guy on the super cheap that allows you spend on the rest of your team.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back