PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is it possible Bill can save his job by benching Mac Jones and blaming the season on him?

It certainly didn't help but Mac needs to throw right now to either HH or Gisicki

View attachment 54599
Too early for Henry (assuming that’s Henry on the nfl insignia) but avoid the guy on the ground for a second and Henry’s behind the LB and off to the races.

Too early for Henry (assuming that’s Henry on the nfl insignia) but avoid the guy on the ground for a second and Henry’s behind the LB and off to the races.
He dumps it to Henry's left side.

No one near him. Corner sat safety 10 yards away. Criminal to not know that and see it vs cover2.
I don't know why Mac didn't throw to him but there is no excuse not to dump it to Henry.

I have been overwhelming patient an optimistic with 10.
But as time goes on it just adds up.
It was clear in 2021 he played with handcuffs on. But that’s great for a rookie
Last year they started the season asking him to take shots down the field. It as a disaster with 5 picks and <17 ppg in 3 games before he got hurt.
He came back, threw more dumb picks then it turned into screen o Rama.
His play got a pass because of Patricia. Turns out maybe 10 held Patricia back lol.
But I came into this year open minded and optimistic. And once again when we get in position for a game winning or tying drive, he ****s his pants. In the red zone he is impotent. We have a net of 11 offensive TDs in 10 games. 15 scored and 4 defensive scores handed over by 10.
The final play, hopefully if his patriot career was the straw that broke the camels back. One of the easiest td passes in the nfl he under throws a 20 yard pass by 7 yards.
That is just a guy who doesn’t have the make up to make plays to win games.
I like draft prospects, I don’t assume I’ll like them as players. After the draft my “like” for a prospect is irrelevant.

I liked Mac the prospect… I gave him the same three years I gave N’Keal. Now I know who Mac is, I no longer like the player.

I was wrong. How often do you read those words on this (any) sports forum unprompted?

Rarely… yet Mac truthers were calling me a hater and a Zappe head when I said BB screwed up by not sticking with the hot hand last year.

Once someone shows you who they are… believe them.

He dumps it to Henry's left side.
If you watch the rest Henry is running to the post and gets behind the Lb.
Gesicki is a decent choice. Even Elliot has his guy 3 years off and inside leverage and a split second later he makes his out break.
All better choices than tripping over the human carpet.

It’s all Mac’s fault right? Isn’t that what we’re saying? His line is good his receivers are good it’s just the QB that loses a game.

So I think Brady gets 100% of the credit for the dynasty. It’s all him. Same logic.
Who is saying that?

I like draft prospects, I don’t assume I’ll like them as players. After the draft my “like” for a prospect is irrelevant.

I liked Mac the prospect… I gave him the same three years I gave N’Keal. Now I know who Mac is, I no longer like the player.

I was wrong. How often do you read those words on this (any) sports forum unprompted?

Rarely… yet Mac truthers were calling me a hater and a Zappe head when I said BB screwed up by not sticking with the hot hand last year.

Once someone shows you who they are… believe them.
That’s the billion dollar question. When you draft a qb at what point do you move from he is developing to he can’t develop. Somewhere in year 3 seems to usually be the answer. Unless you are Zach Wilson then it’s week 3 of training camp 1.

If you watch the rest Henry is running to the post and gets behind the Lb.
Gesicki is a decent choice. Even Elliot has his guy 3 years off and inside leverage and a split second later he makes his out break.
All better choices than tripping over the human carpet.
Gesicki would have been optimal no question

Gesicki would have been optimal no question
After juju but there are 4 options better than what he did. (And that doesn’t count the 5th who we can’t see in this view running down the other sideline into cover2 heaven.

Why would it be confusing to follow?
Which statements do you not understand. (The ones actually made not the ones you make up)

How we can say it’s all the QBs fault now for losing but we can’t give Brady all the credit for the dynasty. It literally is the same logic. Cuts both ways.

Im happy to do that if that’s the logic we’re using.

How we can say it’s all the QBs fault now for losing but we can’t give Brady all the credit for the dynasty. It literally is the same logic. Cuts both ways.

Nobody said it’s all the QBs fault.

They went ten years between 2004 and 2014 where they had Brady and didn’t win a ring. Why?

Not coincidentally it was the same time he was paid at the top of the market in salary.

Then on the bookends, where he was either paid less on a rookie deal or chose to take less towards the end and sacrificed to win… they won 3 Super Bowls over a five year stretch… why?

Surrounding team is the answer, the margins were thinner when the team had less to spend over that decade in between.

Brady consistently played with better defenses, better special teams, better talent than his peers for a longer period of time.

It’s a team sport. Nobody does it alone, that’s just dumb.

Last edited:
Dimitroff did run things a lot differently in Atlanta than things were run here, but I do not want old guys back.

What the Patriots need is someone who understands where the league is heading and can acquire talent to fit that. In that, they need a cap guy who knows how to play the cap games that teams play now to make the cap virtually irrelevant. I will say that Matt Groh seems to buy into this concept and has said as much, but there is no way he would be allowed to do things like a lot of contracts with voidable years to spread out the cap (to my recollection, the Pats have only done that with Brady and McCourty).

The next GM also needs how to identify talent with speed and not one or the other. The Pats have acquired a few players with speed over the last few years, but few of them can actually play.

Also, the next GM needs to realize talent rules the NFL now more than ever. Back in the early 2000s, you could build a championship roster with a lot of solid yet unspectacular guys who worked together as a team putting team goals over personal goals. Those days are going away. The NFL is becoming more and more like the NBA where high end talent is what wins more often than not.
Yep, when Bill could run two or 3 a day practices he could really get the defense to the next man up level. Great teacher, up until 2011 when they got rid of them is was a huge advantage for Bill.

Nobody said it’s all the QBs fault.
I do. Mostly, sort of, definitely. Without a doubt there are receivers that are open. We have a qb that can’t make all the throws needed to be an established presence. The defense prowls the flat waiting for the right chance for an interception/pick 6. He can’t make a out route, he can’t make a go route and he can’t make the post corner route throw very effectively. Top that off with, he can’t even go short side line without everyone holding their collective breath worrying about the defender going the opposite direction. Thus you have a QB that is just not good. 6 pick sixes in less than a 3 year career. Think about that. Top it all off he doesn’t even know how to get rid of the ball because depending on what side of the field he is on he probably can’t reach out of bounds. These aren’t blind side hits he’s taking ever sack.

I do. Mostly, sort of, definitely. Without a doubt there are receivers that are open. We have a qb that can’t make all the throws needed to be an established presence. The defense prowls the flat waiting for the right chance for an interception/pick 6. He can’t make an out route, he can’t make a go route and he can’t make the post corner route throw very effectively. Top that off with, he can’t even go short side line without everyone holding their collective breath worrying about the defender going the opposite direction. Thus you have a QB that is just not good. 6 pick sixes in less than a 3 year career. Think about that. Top it all off he doesn’t even know how to get rid of the ball because depending on what side of the field he is on he probably can’t reach out of bounds. These aren’t blind side hits he’s taking ever sack.
I’ll say he bears the vast majority of the blame for being sub .500.
But I can’t say it’s a SB contender just by replacing him. There are other weaknesses and injuries have been brutal.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back